Is there still a gender pay gap?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
Do you accept that man earn more than woman?
After repeatedly hearing about the 23 cents (how women earn 77 cents for every dollar a man earns) made me curious.

So it appears the gap is between the average for all men and women and doesn't take into account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure or hours, and once those factors are considered, the gap is nonexistant.

So is there still a substantial gender wage gap or not? Are there accurate data that support whether it exists (or doesn't exist)? Should the Paycheck Fairness Act be supported?
reports-gender-pay-gap-persists-new-jpg.jpg

No.

Woman just aren't going into the high paying fields and aren't willing to put in the time men are. There's many reasons for the way the stats appear but it isn't the fault of men. The identity politic assholes are attempting to do.

No, but it is a central component of feminist doctrine. Failure to accept this will meet excommunication just as failure to accept the existence and domination of an invisible, omnipotent, and omnipresent Patriarchy.

After repeatedly hearing about the 23 cents (how women earn 77 cents for every dollar a man earns) made me curious.

So it appears the gap is between the average for all men and women and doesn't take into account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure or hours, and once those factors are considered, the gap is nonexistant.

So is there still a substantial gender wage gap or not? Are there accurate data that support whether it exists (or doesn't exist)? Should the Paycheck Fairness Act be supported?
NO.....

On the Paycheck Fairness Act?.....NO as in HELL NO..
When government legislates its own version of fairness, it usually ends up hurting another group. For this kind of legislation to gain any traction, a demon must be created.
There must be an abuser to go along with the perceived victim. And to make it palatable, the alleged abuser must be punished.

It is more about the value you add to the organization ... Some women have no problem whatsoever far exceeding their male counterparts in the ranks.
The simple idea that I would ever want to tag my value and earning capabilities to men in the same circumstances is fricken crazy.

I never wanted to earn what men earned ... I liked earning more than they did whenever possible.

When government legislates its own version of fairness, it usually ends up hurting another group. For this kind of legislation to gain any traction, a demon must be created.
There must be an abuser to go along with the perceived victim. And to make it palatable, the alleged abuser must be punished.

And of course it is hard working men that haven't done anything to harm anyone that is the abuser. This is what this crap is all about...

-woman work less hours
-woman avoid the science, tech and computers that pay more.
-Woman don't work for as many years when they do go into them.

Yet, men are the ones that are the bad guys. Success is evil as jealously is like a river.

I suppose it still remains in some spheres... But another gap between men and women is more obvious in the sphere of job employment .
We must admit that even in America sexes are not equal especially in the economics.

Reading the posts here I see that Americans still whine and cry about how tough they have it. Poor poor Anericans. How very difficult it is to live will all the woe you gave to deal with. Too bad you just aren't malasian or Sudanese or something and not have to live in a country where your every waking moment is pure survival. I pity you so much.

It's just liberal propaganda! If person(man) is a highly skilled worker - this person will receive salary. And if person(woman) is a highly skilled worker - this person will receive same salary too! Inequality between man and woman is fairy tale of feminists and libs.

Yes, there is a gap. The gap is closing. Not because men are earning more but because they are earning less.

Interesting op-ed.
No, it appears that there is no gap and I have never been shown any real evidence that it exists. You are supposed to take it at face value so the activists have something to champion.

And of course it is hard working men that haven't done anything to harm anyone that is the abuser. This is what this crap is all about...

-woman work less hours
-woman avoid the science, tech and computers that pay more.
-Woman don't work for as many years when they do go into them.

Yet, men are the ones that are the bad guys. Success is evil as jealously is like a river.

Different priorities, different roles in the family, different social expectations, more jobs that have physical danger...

Indeed, IMO, the discussion should be how men are refusing to work themselves to death in order to compete.

I've been part time for a couple of years.

Have I made less money? Yes.

Have I really enjoyed the increased time (especially with the family) and energy? Hell yes.

My wife is part time too.

Sometimes she thinks of going full time. I always tell her not to.

I want her to be part time until she retires. Her quality of life will be far higher.

Will she make less money than her male co-workers? Yes. Of course.

Forum List

Back