Is the Bible the inerrent word of God?

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
I have noticed that in several discussions I have with Christians, the point of contention seems to be in attempting to separate the Bible into two parts - the part that must be accepted as accurate (The New Testament), and the part that doesn't (The Old Testament).

So, I have a question. The creation Truth Foundation, in their statement of faith, claims, “The unique divine inspiration of all the canonical books of the Old and New Testaments as originally given, so that they are infallibly and uniquely authoritative and free from error of any sort, in all matters with which they deal, scientific and historical as well as moral and theological.

I would ask the Christians on this forum if they agree with that statement, bearing in mind:

First, they make no distinction between the Old, and the New Testament, and
Second, paying particular attention to the highlighted portion.

I have always considered both the Old and the New as the Word. Not that I always understood it but even when I was very young reading it I respected it as the word of God spoken through holy men-people and written down through the ages. .

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... an' don't let anybody...

... tell ya any different."
So, to be clear, you would agree that the bible - the entire Bible, both Old, and New - are was written for all ages, and the things that were desctribed as abhorrent in the Old Testament, are abhorrent now, and the things that were described as acceptable in the Old Testament, are acceptable today?

I have always considered both the Old and the New as the Word. Not that I always understood it but even when I was very young reading it I respected it as the word of God spoken through holy men-people and written down through the ages. .
Again, to be clear, you would agree that the bible - the entire Bible, both Old, and New - are was written for all ages, and the things that were described as abhorrent in the Old Testament, are abhorrent now, and the things that were described as acceptable in the Old Testament, are acceptable today?

So, to be clear, you would agree that the bible - the entire Bible, both Old, and New - are was written for all ages, and the things that were desctribed as abhorrent in the Old Testament, are abhorrent now, and the things that were described as acceptable in the Old Testament, are acceptable today?
Let's face it, sure a bunch of homosexuals doing each other in some bathhouse would be deemed by most people to be disgusting and abhorrent.

Again, to be clear, you would agree that the bible - the entire Bible, both Old, and New - are was written for all ages, and the things that were described as abhorrent in the Old Testament, are abhorrent now, and the things that were described as acceptable in the Old Testament, are acceptable today?
Only if you were totally ignorant and dumber than a post. My daughter at three and a half years old understood what a spirit was when I explained it to her after our bird died while I was at the hospital with my son and no heat was on in the house.

One would also need to consider by whose precepts as to whether it is proper or not. If you were merely thinking with a carnal mind and ignored the Commands along with every passage that reads by 'my spirit' and didn't have the spirit to guide you along with reading every single passage one could get the wrong idea and many have over the ages. That shouldn't happen but it is an inherent flaw of a mortal being who lives by their own precepts or has mental issues and some even depend on another person to recite and decipher what the meanings are so they go into those ditches that are warned about in both the Old and the New Testament.

Yes the Holy Bible passes the test of time for all times. It is up to an individual to seek it (the spirit that dwells in them and walks with them).

edited to clarify

Last edited:
How else would we know that god delegated the naming of the animals to Adam? God already knew them, of course, yet wanted to see how stupid A was.

duh. How else would we know God killed a bunch of children?
The indication is not that they were small children but teenagers or even early twenties. They would have been called hoodlums even by the 1950's standards.
So the bible lies when it says god gave an order to kill all, including little children?
If there is nothing wrong in dropping an Atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or fire bombing Dresden (obviously killing hundreds if not thousands of children ) ----- then frankly no! War is war and while I sure GOD hates war, He also hates the enemy.

The indication is not that they were small children but teenagers or even early twenties. They would have been called hoodlums even by the 1950's standards.
So the bible lies when it says god gave an order to kill all, including little children?
If there is nothing wrong in dropping an Atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or fire bombing Dresden (obviously killing hundreds if not thousands of children ) ----- then frankly no! War is war and while I sure GOD hates war, He also hates the enemy.
story changed a little, ey?

In order for us to understand Genesis stories, it is vital we start with how the authors perceived human beings. Overall, what did its authors think of the human race?

Let's face it, sure a bunch of homosexuals doing each other in some bathhouse would be deemed by most people to be disgusting and abhorrent.
Non-sequitur. Please read the OP, and respond to that.

story changed a little, ey?
Not really. God is the Creator. And I would certainly be one to say that GOD can do exactly what He wishes with His creation. In fact, I'd have to say that GOD of the Bible has always demonstrated far more benevolence than the opinionated people I've debated on this forum.

Forum List

Back