New York City subway has deemed "ladies and gentlemen" to be an off-limits phrase

Why would they need to recognize genders that dont actually exist?

Using an "inclusive" term is tricky. These terms have expiration dates. The list of words that offend keeps being updated. It's all very nice to try to use a non offensive term. However, banning a traditional polite address like "ladies and gentlemen" is going a bit far. Indeed, some might call that offensive.

Using an "inclusive" term is tricky. These terms have expiration dates. The list of words that offend keeps being updated. It's all very nice to try to use a non offensive term. However, banning a traditional polite address like "ladies and gentlemen" is going a bit far. Indeed, some might call that offensive.

They could say something like "hey everybody" That shouldnt be offensive to anyone and is inclusive without an expiration date. Matter of fact thats exactly what I say if I am giving a speech or teaching a class.

They could say something like "hey everybody" That shouldnt be offensive to anyone and is inclusive without an expiration date. Matter of fact thats exactly what I say if I am giving a speech or teaching a class.
"Hey everybody" is sure to be offensive to somebody. That's the way the perpetually offended play their game.

"Hey everybody" is sure to be offensive to somebody. That's the way the perpetually offended play their game.
If "hey everybody" offends them then the onus is on them to ask for special consideration.

If "hey everybody" offends them then the onus is on them to ask for special consideration.
Uh huh. That is just like every other example of people who think they are entitled to special consideration because they feel offended by words.

Forum List

Back