Is Michael Brown A War Hero?

If that small guy in the vid was my father, or brother, or son, or husband, you bet your ass that big black guy would be eating some metal if I saw it happening.

Heres the thing tho..The Ofc didnt know anything about this incident.

And it would still happen if the guy was big and white, big and asian, big and hispanic, small and black, small and white, small and hispanic, small and asian.

Awwww thats cute that you think the police treat all races the same. Just like a white person with no frame of reference

What's "cute" is that so many of you liberals think that the real problem in Ferguson is the racial makeup of the police force...that if only there were more blacks on the Ferguson PD that Michael Ferguson wouldn't have been shot. So tell me why it is that in cities like Chicago where large percentages of the police force are black that blacks are being killed at an alarmingly high level?

This isn't a problem with the Police. It's a problem with a lack of jobs for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a problem with a breakdown of the family unit for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a breakdown of the sense of right and wrong for young black men like Michael Brown. The Ferguson Police's racial makeup isn't what made Michael Brown rob that convenience store or refuse to get out of the street. Changing that makeup won't do a THING to improve the situation. It's putting a band-aid on a severed limb.

*pats on the head* You believe the police treat everyone the same. Now thats funny and honestly you're so delusional that other answers will be even harder for you to understand

No actually I believe that the Police treat people in very different ways depending on how they perceive them. For some reason, people like you are under the impression that the job of the Police is to treat everyone the same. That's delusional. The job of the Police is to enforce the law. The job of the Police is to keep crime under control. The job of the Police is to protect law abiding citizens and to deal with those citizens who don't care about the law.

Good I'm glad you said that. Now look at a lot of the responses here. He's big, He COULD be dangerous, they got into an altercation so he was shot...repeatedly....6 times....including the top of his head. The cop perceived him as a danger, like I said before...fine. But what did he see that is the reason to shoot someone who is unarmed 6 times from a distance? No one knows.

BUT when I or Sharpton says this happens too much and too often people like you are more upset at someone saying this happened and never finds any possible fault with the officer like you just did.

Well, if it is happening so much when can we expect Rev. Al to head off for the NEXT example of Cops killing kids.

Gee, it MUST be happening by now since it happens, according to Rev. Al, so very frequently!

:Roll eyes:

Take Al out of it and statistics still say its true. Again you cry about the messenger and not the incident itself.

You realize, don't you, that the unreleased evidence can turn your hairy reasonings on their heads.

Why don't you wait until you know more?

There's no prize for guessing the right conclusion about what happened that fateful day, you know?

Are you THAT lacking in self control or are you THAT much in need of some outward validation that you need to 'win' this 'contest' of guessing what was ACTUALLY going on when Brown was shot??

It will be whatever it is.

Deal with THAT outcome then.

Children.

If that small guy in the vid was my father, or brother, or son, or husband, you bet your ass that big black guy would be eating some metal if I saw it happening.

And it would still happen if the guy was big and white, big and asian, big and hispanic, small and black, small and white, small and hispanic, small and asian.

Awwww thats cute that you think the police treat all races the same. Just like a white person with no frame of reference

What's "cute" is that so many of you liberals think that the real problem in Ferguson is the racial makeup of the police force...that if only there were more blacks on the Ferguson PD that Michael Ferguson wouldn't have been shot. So tell me why it is that in cities like Chicago where large percentages of the police force are black that blacks are being killed at an alarmingly high level?

This isn't a problem with the Police. It's a problem with a lack of jobs for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a problem with a breakdown of the family unit for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a breakdown of the sense of right and wrong for young black men like Michael Brown. The Ferguson Police's racial makeup isn't what made Michael Brown rob that convenience store or refuse to get out of the street. Changing that makeup won't do a THING to improve the situation. It's putting a band-aid on a severed limb.

*pats on the head* You believe the police treat everyone the same. Now thats funny and honestly you're so delusional that other answers will be even harder for you to understand

No actually I believe that the Police treat people in very different ways depending on how they perceive them. For some reason, people like you are under the impression that the job of the Police is to treat everyone the same. That's delusional. The job of the Police is to enforce the law. The job of the Police is to keep crime under control. The job of the Police is to protect law abiding citizens and to deal with those citizens who don't care about the law.

Good I'm glad you said that. Now look at a lot of the responses here. He's big, He COULD be dangerous, they got into an altercation so he was shot...repeatedly....6 times....including the top of his head. The cop perceived him as a danger, like I said before...fine. But what did he see that is the reason to shoot someone who is unarmed 6 times from a distance? No one knows.

BUT when I or Sharpton says this happens too much and too often people like you are more upset at someone saying this happened and never finds any possible fault with the officer like you just did.

Well, if it is happening so much when can we expect Rev. Al to head off for the NEXT example of Cops killing kids.

Gee, it MUST be happening by now since it happens, according to Rev. Al, so very frequently!

Take Al out of it and statistics still say its true. Again you cry about the messenger and not the incident itself.

You realize, don't you, that the unreleased evidence can turn your hairy reasonings on their heads.

There's no prize for guessing the right conclusion about what happened that fateful day, you know?

Are you THAT lacking in self control or are you THAT much in need of some outward validation that you need to 'win' this 'contest' of guessing what was ACTUALLY going on when Brown was shot??

Children.

Take Al out of the situation and the stats dont change. Deal with it. And the results of those stats is that blacks dont trust the police. Dont cry because Al reads the stats be mad at the stats..but you seem to not cite that as something to be angered about

Children.

Take Al out of the situation and the stats dont change. Deal with it. And the results of those stats is that blacks dont trust the police. Dont cry because Al reads the stats be mad at the stats..but you seem to not cite that as something to be angered about

No, I'm waiting for one of you bright boys or girls to lay the blame where it can produce a POSITIVE RESULT!

Lay the blame at the feet of the Black Community!

To do otherwise is to leave the problem to get worse, not better.

YOU can't force us to get our shit togtether if you do all the work!

It is OUR responsibility!

It is time we stop letting Black people off the hook!

If we are to fix ourselves we must stop blaming Whitey!

Let it flow, Gracie, let it flow. This is like a therapy session for you. Its time for you to confront the mirror and show it who's boss.
You are not doing a very good job of following your own advice, dearie.
Go crawl back under the sock rock you slimed out of. Pfffffffffft.

[...]

Everyone has the propensity for assultive violence dude.
Really? Everyone? Where do you live and where were you raised? I was raised on the Brookiyn Waterfront during the 1940s and 50s and I am fully cognizant that everyone certainly does not have a propensity for violence. Only uncivilized, sadistic, or mentally defective people do.

What does being big have to do with shooting him? Because he COULD hit you with his big ol hand?
That's what guns are for -- defending yourself against assaultive individuals who intend to harm you. Especially individuals who are big enough to do it.

@ClosedCaption

Allow me to draw your attention to a great statement made by a legendary civil rights leader:

"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." - Malcolm X

Yeah and you still have yet to discuss the killing at all. Priorities and all

Seems lawful to me. A Black man is approached by a police car. The police officer tells the Black man to stay where he is. The man is told to get into the car. There's a struggle, corroborated by the wounds sustained by the officer, who claim the man, who was high at the time, went for his weapon (an extremely stupid, or desperate, move) and begins to flea the scene after he thinks the officer is sufficiently incapacitated [for Brown] to make an escape. The officer isn't incapacitated, and exits the car, weapon drawn, and orders Brown to stop. He's charged by a large man, who has already attacked him, and he opens fire, using his professional judgement to decide how many rounds will be needed to render such a threat neutral.

Perhaps you haven't been following the news. Officer Wilson has not "corroborated" anything. Officer Wilson left the description of the incident, blank. Seems he has "lawyered up". No Hospital has "corroborated" his injuries either. So what we have is a dead kid with the cops bullets in him and the accounts of several eye witnesses.

Thus far what we know is this:

1. At some point Officer Wilson encountered Mike Brown.
2. There was a brief altercation and a shot was fired.
3. Mike Brown fled from the officer.
4. The officer fired at least 6 times, striking Mike Brown in the side, arm, above the eye and top of the head.
5. There is a video of what appears to be Mike Brown in an altercation with a shop owner.

IMHO? Barring some new revelation? It appears that Officer Wilson fired on a person that he was pursuing. It also appears that the person had no weapons. That? Shouldn't be legal.

Children.

No, I'm waiting for one of you bright boys or girls to lay the blame where it can produce a POSITIVE RESULT!

Lay the blame at the feet of the Black Community!

Why? A cop is the one who shot that kid not a community. Oh, you want to deflect. Hey, last time a priest molested a little boy I told everyone they need to lay the blame with sexual activity of kids nowadays...went over like a stone...just like your bullshit.

To do otherwise is to leave the problem to get worse, not better.

No the black community is not responsible for the actions of the police. Children are not responsible for the actions of molesters. They act independently of what those groups are doing

YOU can't force us to get our shit togtether if you do all the work!

It is OUR responsibility!

Agreed but we arent responsible for scared or abusive cops tho

It is time we stop letting Black people off the hook!

If we are to fix ourselves we must stop blaming Whitey!

Uh wrong again. Fixing ourselves is noble and I agree but fixing ourselves should not include ignoring brutality and somehow it will go away if we just dont say anything about it lol.

Thats just silly

Everyone has the propensity for assultive violence dude.
Really? Everyone? Where do you live and where were you raised? I was raised on the Brookiyn Waterfront during the 1940s and 50s and I am fully cognizant that everyone certainly does not have a propensity for violence. Only uncivilized, sadistic, or mentally defective people do.[/quote]

Thats your opinion, one not shared by me but thats not the point at all, thx

That's what guns are for -- defending yourself against assaultive individuals who intend to harm you. Especially individuals who are big enough to do it.

Again thanks for that sage wisdom

Forum List

Back