Justice Brown says First Amendment to protect free speech needs to be repealed.

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
1710847667229.png

In a debate Monday at the Supreme Court challenging the Biden administration’s alleged coordination with Big Tech to censor certain messages, one justice raised eyebrows in her comments about the government’s relationship with the First Amendment.

The case stems from a lawsuit brought by Republican-led states Missouri and Louisiana that accused high-ranking government officials of working with giant social media companies "under the guise of combating misinformation" that ultimately led to censoring speech on topics that included Hunter Biden’s laptop, COVID-19 origins and the efficacy of face masks — which the states argued was a First Amendment violation.

"It's got these big clubs available to it, and so it's treating Facebook and these other platforms like their subordinates," Justice Samuel Alito said. But Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson took a different approach.

Your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the federal government in significant ways in the most important time periods," she told the lawyer representing Louisiana, Missouri and private plaintiffs. "The government actually has a duty to take steps to protect the citizens of this country... by encouraging or even pressuring platforms to take down harmful information," she said.

"Yes, the First Amendment does hamstring the Federal government, that is why it was written, like the 19th amendment hamstrings government from only allowing men to vote as it gives women the right to vote", said Alito.

"Women?" asked justice Brown, "What is a wom"..........."Excuse me!!!" blurted Justice Kagan, "Enough of this racist interrogation of justice Brown!!"

Justice Thomas interrupted, "If the First Amendment needs to go because it hamstrings the government, what about the 14th amendment for due process? Does that hamstring the government and need to go as well?"

"No, the 14 Amendment does not hamstring the government, it cattywamps the government, which is why a criminal like Trump has no right to due process under the 14th amendment", said justice Brown"

"Cattywamp? What does cattywamp mean" asked justice Thomas.

"I don't know", said justice Brown, "Don't ask me to define it, I'm not a linguist."

View attachment 919428

In a debate Monday at the Supreme Court challenging the Biden administration’s alleged coordination with Big Tech to censor certain messages, one justice raised eyebrows in her comments about the government’s relationship with the First Amendment.

The case stems from a lawsuit brought by Republican-led states Missouri and Louisiana that accused high-ranking government officials of working with giant social media companies "under the guise of combating misinformation" that ultimately led to censoring speech on topics that included Hunter Biden’s laptop, COVID-19 origins and the efficacy of face masks — which the states argued was a First Amendment violation.

"It's got these big clubs available to it, and so it's treating Facebook and these other platforms like their subordinates," Justice Samuel Alito said. But Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson took a different approach.

Your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the federal government in significant ways in the most important time periods," she told the lawyer representing Louisiana, Missouri and private plaintiffs. "The government actually has a duty to take steps to protect the citizens of this country... by encouraging or even pressuring platforms to take down harmful information," she said.

"Yes, the First Amendment does hamstring the Federal government, that is why it was written, like the 19th amendment hamstrings government from only allowing men to vote as it gives women the right to vote", said Alito.

"Women?" asked justice Brown, "What is a wom"..........."Excuse me!!!" blurted Justice Kagan, "Enough of this racist interrogation of justice Brown!!"

Justice Thomas interrupted, "If the First Amendment needs to go because it hamstrings the government, what about the 14th amendment for due process? Does that hamstring the government and need to go as well?"

"No, the 14 Amendment does not hamstring the government, it cattywamps the government, which is why a criminal like Trump has no right to due process under the 14th amendment", said justice Brown"

"Cattywamp? What does cattywamp mean" asked justice Thomas.

"I don't know", said justice Brown, "Don't ask me to define it, I'm not a linguist."
Except that's not what she said.

I got a fire extinguisher if you want to put your hair out. :)

Except that's not what she said.

I got a fire extinguisher if you want to put your hair out. :)
Well then, do tell us what she meant to say spanky

All you Lefties ran and hid on the justice Brown threads

Can't say I blame you.

Can't say I blame you.
It's right there in your "hair on fire" OP.

"Your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the federal government in significant ways in the most important time periods," she told the lawyer representing Louisiana, Missouri and private plaintiffs. "The government actually has a duty to take steps to protect the citizens of this country... by encouraging or even pressuring platforms to take down harmful information," she said".

Nowhere in your rant do I see the word...."repeal".

It's right there in your "hair on fire" OP.

"Your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the federal government in significant ways in the most important time periods," she told the lawyer representing Louisiana, Missouri and private plaintiffs. "The government actually has a duty to take steps to protect the citizens of this country... by encouraging or even pressuring platforms to take down harmful information," she said".

Nowhere in your rant do I see the word...."repeal".
How many lives did Twitter save when it took down any stories about the Hunter Biden scandal because the Biden administration told them to do so?

How many lives were sacrificed when people could not report how their children suffered from myocarditis because they took the vaccine, especially when Europe had banned the vaccine in young men for this very reason?

The government needs to be held accountable, yet morons like you and Brown are intentionally oblivious to these facts.

How many lives did Twitter save when it took down any stories about the Hunter Biden scandal because the Biden administration told them to do so?
Wasn't a scandal. As the whole Congressional attempts at both trying to smear Hunter Biden and get Joe Biden have fallen flat on its face. It was misinformation all along.....and Devon Archer especially knows this.
How many lives were sacrificed when people could not report how their children suffered from myocarditis because they took the vaccine, especially when Europe had banned the vaccine in young men for this very reason?
What reality do you live in? That information was available right away and people had the choice they could make.
The government needs to be held accountable, yet morons like you and Brown are intentionally oblivious to these facts.
Sure. But let's face facts here. You aren't worried about free speech.
You want to be able to tell your lies and spread your misinformation with impunity and no repercussions.
Sorry, that's not the way it works. There are limits to that 1st A that courts have already ruled on.

Can't say I blame you.

I addressed this. I took some time to read on the actual case.

Brown is going to be in the majority with this ruling.

Look up my argument in an actual thread if interested.

Forum List

Back