Is Michael Brown A War Hero?

The way Michael Brown has been revered and eulogized it would seem he discovered a cure for cancer while saving America from an alien invasion. But the truth is Brown was nothing but a belligerent young punk, an ordinary ghetto thug who got what he deserved.

The simple fact is the way the Black community has rallied to celebrate this low-life bully reflects badly on all Black Americans because it shows them to have absolutely no sense of social responsibility. Michael Brown was no hero and to treat him like one reveals a twisted sense of social values.

It is normal for Brown's parents to mourn him. And it is reasonable for the Black community to protest against what they feel is inappropriate police conduct. But to ignore the fact that Brown was an anti-social, bullying thug who was killed because he thought it was okay to attack a cop, to collectively attempt to portray him him as an innocent "child," says something about the contemporary Black community that can't help but detract from all the positive progress it has made in the recent past.

It says they have no sense of social decency and propriety.
Oh My God, NO!

Of course he ain't no damn war hero!!!

Don't be silly!

That boy was just an unfortunate hulking young mush for brain Black kid who'd never learned the info in this instructive Chris Rock video.

It should be required viewing in the Black community.

If that small guy in the vid was my father, or brother, or son, or husband, you bet your ass that big black guy would be eating some metal if I saw it happening.

Heres the thing tho..The Ofc didnt know anything about this incident.

And it would still happen if the guy was big and white, big and asian, big and hispanic, small and black, small and white, small and hispanic, small and asian.

Awwww thats cute that you think the police treat all races the same. Just like a white person with no frame of reference

What's "cute" is that so many of you liberals think that the real problem in Ferguson is the racial makeup of the police force...that if only there were more blacks on the Ferguson PD that Michael Ferguson wouldn't have been shot. So tell me why it is that in cities like Chicago where large percentages of the police force are black that blacks are being killed at an alarmingly high level?

This isn't a problem with the Police. It's a problem with a lack of jobs for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a problem with a breakdown of the family unit for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a breakdown of the sense of right and wrong for young black men like Michael Brown. The Ferguson Police's racial makeup isn't what made Michael Brown rob that convenience store or refuse to get out of the street. Changing that makeup won't do a THING to improve the situation. It's putting a band-aid on a severed limb.

*pats on the head* You believe the police treat everyone the same. Now thats funny and honestly you're so delusional that other answers will be even harder for you to understand

No actually I believe that the Police treat people in very different ways depending on how they perceive them. For some reason, people like you are under the impression that the job of the Police is to treat everyone the same. That's delusional. The job of the Police is to enforce the law. The job of the Police is to keep crime under control. The job of the Police is to protect law abiding citizens and to deal with those citizens who don't care about the law.

I have a woman who works for me who lives in a sketchy neighborhood. She takes the bus into work but quite often I give her a ride home at night. I've been stopped by the local Sheriff's office six times in the space of two months for various "traffic violations". Those ran the gamut from having a burnt out license plate bulb to not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. I've never gotten a ticket or even a warning for any of these stops because they were never about my driving or my car. What they were about was my being in an area that is well known as a place to go to buy drugs. The police stopped me because they didn't know me and they assumed I was looking to make a buy. They don't stop me now because they now know who I am and what I'm doing in that neighborhood at that time. Now I suppose I COULD have condemned those police officers for the "hassle" they put me through but I knew exactly why I'd been stopped and knew exactly what would happen if I was civil with them and simply treated them with respect. Now when I drive through that area if I run across a Sheriff's deputy on patrol I give them a wave and get one in return. The police are not the enemy unless you chose to break the law. They are in those neighborhoods trying to keep them from turning into a bad copy of Gotham where thugs rule the streets. Try calling Al Sharpton when you're getting mugged. See how long it takes him to respond.

Don't be silly!

That boy was just an unfortunate hulking young mush for brain Black kid who'd never learned the info in this instructive Chris Rock video.

Ohh is this the small window of opportunity to cite comedians as having the answers?

Last edited:
"A light, easy shoplifting offense where nobody got hurt..."

Interesting take on things, Goddess! I wonder if the clerk in that store found the experience to be "light & easy"?

How indoctrinated are you people??? The only thing that was hurt was that little man's pride and ego.

If he did not find the experience to be "light and easy", perhaps he should consider what it would have been like if he'd been sliced open with his guts falling out. Or if he'd been shot repeatedly and miraculously survived but became paralyzed for life.

No.

He just received a small push and that's it. He didn't even get knocked down or physically injured in any way.

Look, the reason we enforce the law for "minor" offenses is that when we let things slide on those it invariably leads to "major" offenses. People DO get hurt when someone shoplifts!

Nobody was hurt in this scenario. At most, someone out there lost a tiny amount of money for the cost of whatever was stolen.

This misdemeanor deserved to be dealt with accordingly, but it was most definitely not execution-worthy.

Your attitude amazes me. Seriously...you think because that much smaller clerk wasn't beaten senseless that Michael Brown didn't commit a crime? I would have loved to have heard video on what took place inside of that store, Ash...I'm pretty sure it would have ended with Michael Brown telling that little man how bad his ass was going to get beat if he tried to stop him from robbing that store.

For your information, strong arm robbery is not a "misdemeanor" it's a felony.

I suppose if Michael Brown takes some 80 year old ladies purse and tells her that if she calls the cops he'll make her wish she hadn't, that wouldn't be a crime either?

Who deserves to be shot for no reason? Anyone else?
No reason. You're quite sure of that? The cop just decided to shoot somebody and Brown was convenient.

Ok then What did Brown do to "get what he deserved"?

Response: *crickets*

In my opinion, this is enough. But if it's not enough for you, add attacking a cop to it.

Ooh Vids..

I love vids.

2 guys.

Similar situations.

Very different outcomes.

Last edited:
If that small guy in the vid was my father, or brother, or son, or husband, you bet your ass that big black guy would be eating some metal if I saw it happening.

And it would still happen if the guy was big and white, big and asian, big and hispanic, small and black, small and white, small and hispanic, small and asian.

Awwww thats cute that you think the police treat all races the same. Just like a white person with no frame of reference

What's "cute" is that so many of you liberals think that the real problem in Ferguson is the racial makeup of the police force...that if only there were more blacks on the Ferguson PD that Michael Ferguson wouldn't have been shot. So tell me why it is that in cities like Chicago where large percentages of the police force are black that blacks are being killed at an alarmingly high level?

This isn't a problem with the Police. It's a problem with a lack of jobs for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a problem with a breakdown of the family unit for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a breakdown of the sense of right and wrong for young black men like Michael Brown. The Ferguson Police's racial makeup isn't what made Michael Brown rob that convenience store or refuse to get out of the street. Changing that makeup won't do a THING to improve the situation. It's putting a band-aid on a severed limb.

*pats on the head* You believe the police treat everyone the same. Now thats funny and honestly you're so delusional that other answers will be even harder for you to understand

No actually I believe that the Police treat people in very different ways depending on how they perceive them. For some reason, people like you are under the impression that the job of the Police is to treat everyone the same. That's delusional. The job of the Police is to enforce the law. The job of the Police is to keep crime under control. The job of the Police is to protect law abiding citizens and to deal with those citizens who don't care about the law.

Good I'm glad you said that. Now look at a lot of the responses here. He's big, He COULD be dangerous, they got into an altercation so he was shot...repeatedly....6 times....including the top of his head. The cop perceived him as a danger, like I said before...fine. But what did he see that is the reason to shoot someone who is unarmed 6 times from a distance? No one knows.

BUT when I or Sharpton says this happens too much and too often people like you are more upset at someone saying this happened and never finds any possible fault with the officer like you just did.

He's there to enforce the law. What law? Street walking laws?

[I have a woman who works for me who lives in a sketchy neighborhood. She takes the bus into work but quite often I give her a ride home at night. I've been stopped by the local Sheriff's office six times in the space of two months for various "traffic violations". Those ran the gamut from having a burnt out license plate bulb to not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. I've never gotten a ticket or even a warning for any of these stops because they were never about my driving or my car. What they were about was my being in an area that is well known as a place to go to buy drugs. The police stopped me because they didn't know me and they assumed I was looking to make a buy. They don't stop me now because they now know who I am and what I'm doing in that neighborhood at that time. Now I suppose I COULD have condemned those police officers for the "hassle" they put me through but I knew exactly why I'd been stopped and knew exactly what would happen if I was civil with them and simply treated them with respect. Now when I drive through that area if I run across a Sheriff's deputy on patrol I give them a wave and get one in return. The police are not the enemy unless you chose to break the law. They are in those neighborhoods trying to keep them from turning into a bad copy of Gotham where thugs rule the streets. Try calling Al Sharpton when you're getting mugged. See how long it takes him to respond.

Aww that story is extra cute. Here's what happens when I get pulled over. I get a ticket at least. I've never been given a warning. I lived in those sketchy neighborhoods and you got pulled over six times in two months of "passing through" and you're white? Can you imagine people who just live there are harassed? Dont forget NY just had a stop and frisk law that most republicans here support. Do you know who was stop the most? Do you think eventually that wouldnt create animosity?

I bet the answer you give is "hey shit happens" but we wont even go over in Afganistan waving guns around because there is something called "winning the hearts and minds" but that concept is lost when it comes to American citizens who have rights.

Not all Americans of course...just certain ones

Interesting take on things, Goddess! I wonder if the clerk in that store found the experience to be "light & easy"?

How indoctrinated are you people??? The only thing that was hurt was that little man's pride and ego.

If he did not find the experience to be "light and easy", perhaps he should consider what it would have been like if he'd been sliced open with his guts falling out. Or if he'd been shot repeatedly and miraculously survived but became paralyzed for life.

No.

He just received a small push and that's it. He didn't even get knocked down or physically injured in any way.

Look, the reason we enforce the law for "minor" offenses is that when we let things slide on those it invariably leads to "major" offenses. People DO get hurt when someone shoplifts!

Nobody was hurt in this scenario. At most, someone out there lost a tiny amount of money for the cost of whatever was stolen.

This misdemeanor deserved to be dealt with accordingly, but it was most definitely not execution-worthy.

He wasn't shot BECAUSE he robbed the store. He was shot because he was acting like a thug and seemed too stupid to stop while he was ahead.

I was responding to those who were saying that he deserved to be killed for shoplifting. I already knew that's not why he was shot. Perhaps you should have read the posts before foolishly responding to me.

Good I'm glad you said that. Now look at a lot of the responses here. He's big, He COULD be dangerous, they got into an altercation so he was shot...repeatedly....6 times....including the top of his head. The cop perceived him as a danger, like I said before...fine. But what did he see that is the reason to shoot someone who is unarmed 6 times from a distance? No one knows.

BUT when I or Sharpton says this happens too much and too often people like you are more upset at someone saying this happened and never finds any possible fault with the officer like you just did.

He's there to enforce the law. What law? Street walking laws?

[I have a woman who works for me who lives in a sketchy neighborhood. She takes the bus into work but quite often I give her a ride home at night. I've been stopped by the local Sheriff's office six times in the space of two months for various "traffic violations". Those ran the gamut from having a burnt out license plate bulb to not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. I've never gotten a ticket or even a warning for any of these stops because they were never about my driving or my car. What they were about was my being in an area that is well known as a place to go to buy drugs. The police stopped me because they didn't know me and they assumed I was looking to make a buy. They don't stop me now because they now know who I am and what I'm doing in that neighborhood at that time. Now I suppose I COULD have condemned those police officers for the "hassle" they put me through but I knew exactly why I'd been stopped and knew exactly what would happen if I was civil with them and simply treated them with respect. Now when I drive through that area if I run across a Sheriff's deputy on patrol I give them a wave and get one in return. The police are not the enemy unless you chose to break the law. They are in those neighborhoods trying to keep them from turning into a bad copy of Gotham where thugs rule the streets. Try calling Al Sharpton when you're getting mugged. See how long it takes him to respond.

Aww that story is extra cute. Here's what happens when I get pulled over. I get a ticket at least. I've never been given a warning. I lived in those sketchy neighborhoods and you got pulled over six times in two months of "passing through" and you're white? Can you imagine people who just live there are harassed? Dont forget NY just had a stop and frisk law that most republicans here support. Do you know who was stop the most? Do you think eventually that wouldnt create animosity?

I bet the answer you give is "hey shit happens" but we wont even go over in Afganistan waving guns around because there is something called "winning the hearts and minds" but that concept is lost when it comes to American citizens who have rights.

Not all Americans of course...just certain ones

For some reason you assumed that the neighborhood I was speaking of was a black neighborhood. It isn't. It's a white neighborhood. A white neighborhood with a bad drug problem. The people that were stopped were other white people. The woman that I give rides to LOVES seeing the Police because she's nervous about walking about in her own neighborhood when they aren't there.

No.

He wasn't shot BECAUSE he robbed the store. He was shot because he was acting like a thug and seemed too stupid to stop while he was ahead.

I was responding to those who were saying that he deserved to be killed for shoplifting. I already knew that's not why he was shot. Perhaps you should have read the posts before foolishly responding to me.

Who said that Brown deserved to be shot for shoplifting? It certainly wasn't me. I maintain that he should have been arrested for shoplifting.

He was shot because he assaulted a police officer...not because he stole $50 worth of lousy Swisher Sweets cigars!

Don't be silly!

Ohh is this the small window of opportunity to cite comedians as having the answers?

I'm finding answers you suck ass dog.

You are looking to assign blame, breed discord and complain.

You make the world sick.

Poor fish face, greasy haired FAT ashtrashy doesn't get it.

Oh Gracie. Is there anything else you wish to say to me? I would expect a disgruntled old crone like you to have more self control than that.

Besides. You can only speculate about my appearance, yet I know what you look like. Your pitiful attempts to insult me are only attempts to make yourself feel better about your own reflection in the mirror.

Poor fish face, greasy haired FAT ashtrashy doesn't get it.

Oh Gracie. Is there anything else you wish to say to me? I would expect a disgruntled old crone like you to have more self control than that.

Besides. You can only speculate about my appearance, yet I know what you look like. Your pitiful attempts to insult me are only attempts to make yourself feel better about your own reflection in the mirror.
I know what you look like too. Wink wink.
And it ain't your looks that make you nasty and disgusting.

Who said that Brown deserved to be shot for shoplifting? It certainly wasn't me. I maintain that he should have been arrested for shoplifting.

He was shot because he assaulted a police officer...not because he stole $50 worth of lousy Swisher Sweets cigars!

I was originally responding to MikeK- the guy who created this topic.

I know why Brown was shot and that it has nothing to do with the crime committed at the store. MikeK said in the following conversation that Brown deserved to be killed for shoplifting, because supposedly "it is a grave offense to the civilized mind"

Who deserves to be shot for no reason? Anyone else?
No reason. You're quite sure of that? The cop just decided to shoot somebody and Brown was convenient.

Ok then What did Brown do to "get what he deserved"?

Response: *crickets*

In my opinion, this is enough. But if it's not enough for you, add attacking a cop to it.

Whats enough? This deserves getting killed you're saying?

Yes! More than enough -- because it is a grave offense to the civilized mind.

If a wild animal wandered into a store and menaced a human that animal would be shot on sight. So rest assured the killing of Michael Brown has served the interests of the many other civilized humans who would have been injured or otherwise abused by this bullying, egotistical punk in the future.

Well, if it is happening so much when can we expect Rev. Al to head off for the NEXT example of Cops killing kids.

Gee, it MUST be happening by now since it happens, according to Rev. Al, so very frequently!

:Roll eyes:

Well, if it is happening so much when can we expect Rev. Al to head off for the NEXT example of Cops killing kids.

Gee, it MUST be happening by now since it happens, according to Rev. Al, so very frequently!

:Roll eyes:

Take Al out of it and statistics still say its true. Again you cry about the messenger and not the incident itself.

Forum List

Back