Fake vs Real

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Is this a KKK member treated by an all-black emergency room staff?

botxilf7iy8kw4a0l577.jpg

No, this photo of an emergency room filled with black doctors and nurses saving a member of the KKK isn't real. As Snopes discovered, it's from a series of staged photos which ran as a magazine ad campaign that was ostensibly about restoring faith in humanity. Or something.

However, throughout history there have been plenty of cases of idiotic hate-mongers being saved and protected by the people they hate. The photo below of a black woman in 1996 defending a white supremacist from being physically beaten is real. Keshia Thomas used her body as a human shield to protect a suspected KKK sympathizer at a rally in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

ox0gxabvusx0nj6ba8oj.jpg

Source:
6 More Viral Photos That Are Total Lies

The racists have pretty much taken over a lot of threads here. How about we talk about the truth of race relations?

Damn, you gave the answers!

I like, and have used, the ER photo and am fully aware of its origin. The message of the photo, to me, is no less thought provoking than if it were real.

I remember the second photo, though I can't believe it's been eighteen years. It is a very powerful image, equally worthy of thought. Perhaps more so.

Yeah, I think the point of the first photo is people helping people, regardless of race.

I remember a news article about a black man renting his store front or commercial property to white supremacist group. They didn't have enough for the rent so he let them pay it as they could.

We are taught to hate. If we don't teach racial hate, it will die out.

Driving today, we heard about several PR events that are taking place around our neck of the woods. I can't remember what they all were called but I do remember a kid's event called "shop with cops".

A sound bite was of a cop saying they wanted to show people a different view point than what the nation is seeing in Ferguson.

Forum List

Back