Why is there always a racial background in almost every social problem?

CherryPanda

Aug 12, 2014
The more I read recent news, the more I face a simple fact: almost every event, especially if it’s has something to do with social problems, is covered and discussed in the context of race. So many racial comments! So many explanations of different problems via racial reasons! Even government officials (you know who I am talking about) use race as a trigger, leverage or whatever to get certain result.
Isn’t it disgusting? We have spent so much time and effort to create a just society where everyone is equal – and what? Why are we still as racist as we used to be a century ago, with only difference - we pretend not to be?

murica-parents-talk-racism-1002990.jpeg

I have to disagree, not almost every social problem involves racial background, although it seems to be one of the biggest social aspect and usually different societies/ethnics tend to disagree and there is a race difference but it doesn't mean its racial, but I have to agree that racial background is the easiest to purpose and the most bold background in differences between societies.

Liberals see the world in black and white and since they run the majority of the news outlets, that's what we see.

Liberals see the world in black and white and since they run the majority of the news outlets, that's what we see.
I consider myself as somewhat a "moderated liberal" - and as a liberal I think encircling about the reason people believe there is a racial background to social problems means we're doing something wrong here, and it has nothing to do with a decisive solution to cure us all, its about dealing with each and every root of the these problems.

The more I read recent news, the more I face a simple fact: almost every event, especially if it’s has something to do with social problems, is covered and discussed in the context of race. So many racial comments! So many explanations of different problems via racial reasons! Even government officials (you know who I am talking about) use race as a trigger, leverage or whatever to get certain result.
Isn’t it disgusting? We have spent so much time and effort to create a just society where everyone is equal – and what? Why are we still as racist as we used to be a century ago, with only difference - we pretend not to be?

murica-parents-talk-racism-1002990.jpeg

Everything is so simple to young people.

I consider myself as somewhat a "moderated liberal" - and as a liberal I think encircling about the reason people believe there is a racial background to social problems means we're doing something wrong here, and it has nothing to do with a decisive solution to cure us all, its about dealing with each and every root of the these problems.

Liberals do not want a cure. They would lose their voting block.

We're not, it's only your subjective perception.

Almost every perception is subjective. ;) But I based my post and the conclusion in it on recent news and judgements I meet in mass media, as well as what I here people around talk about.
And I don't want to say that we're 'truly racist', but lots of opinions use race as an explanation for almost everything. This is what surprises me a lot.

I have to disagree, not almost every social problem involves racial background, although it seems to be one of the biggest social aspect and usually different societies/ethnics tend to disagree and there is a race difference but it doesn't mean its racial, but I have to agree that racial background is the easiest to purpose and the most bold background in differences between societies.

Well, I might have exaggerated the idea, but that's exactly what I meant - racial background is an argument that is easy to jump to for certain purpose.

Frankly, I didn't get your idea... Do you mean I'm young and naive? ;)

Frankly, I didn't get your idea... Do you mean I'm young and naive? ;)

Yes..I did mean that. "We should all be like pandas.black white and asian"..blah...blah...sounds like a young, idealistic person with little life experience.

....and everyone should get free balloons, lollipops, pony rides and ice cream, too.

Now, you may tell me that you're 65 years old and been around the world 5 times....but that doesn't change the fact that the real world doesn't operate like a cute slogan you found somewhere.

In today's world/reality TV experiment, race usually plays a part, however significantly, in a lot of the decisions we make. Everyone, whether they're Black, White, Asian or whatever, still has an instinctive suspicion of the 'other'. And they'll take that into consideration when they're buying a house, choosing a school for their children or wondering if the service they got at the Chinese takeout was as good as if they were Oriental. In homogenous countries, race is hardly ever taken into consideration in people's day-to-day lives.

Here's another example

Despite all the eurotrash talk, White Americans, for the most part, usually head to Europe on foreign vacations because they know they'll be surrounded by people who, by-and-large, are culturally aligned with them, and Americans know they'll be safe and treated more or less fairly if anything goes wrong. The same could be said about choosing a foreign destination for most Europeans, in that they'll usually head somewhere that was colonised and is dominated by Whites and European culture. If Whites go to Africa on vacation it'll usually be South Africa. And when people go to the Caribbean, they'll usually stay at a resort that has armed guards who know that if any armed burglers breach the perimeter, their jobs will be on the line if intruders aren't riddled with bullets, making the White people feel safe and assured.

Last edited:

I was just thinking that the other day...Why would I want to be safe? Politics is more important than solutions :rolleyes:

Here's another example

Despite all the eurotrash talk, White Americans, for the most part, usually head to Europe on foreign vacations because they know they'll be surrounded by people who, by-and-large, are culturally aligned with them, and Americans know they'll be safe and treated more or less fairly if anything goes wrong. The same could be said about choosing a foreign destination for most Europeans, in that they'll usually head somewhere that was colonised and is dominated by Whites and European culture. If Whites go to Africa on vacation it'll usually be South Africa. And when people go to the Caribbean, they'll usually stay at a resort that has armed guards who know that if any armed burglers breach the perimeter, there jobs will be on the line if intruders aren't riddled with bullets, making the White people feel safe and assured.

All people prefer to be around others who share their values and culture. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I've been to europe 4 times..Lived there for 18 months...and each time I go it's refreshing to not have to deal with people who hate your guts and want to undermine your way of life and traditions, like in america.

I was just thinking that the other day...Why would I want to be safe? Politics is more important than solutions :rolleyes:

Which politician makes you safe?

Fact is the entire idea of welfare programs has done more to hurt blacks than help them. It has done nothing but make them dependent on government handouts.

HOW THE WELFARE STATE HAS DEVASTATED AFRICAN AMERICANS
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCategory.asp?id=1672

The out-of-wedlock birth rate among African Americans today is 73%, three times higher than it was prior to the War on Poverty

For the next few decades, means-tested welfare programs such as food stamps, public housing, Medicaid, day care, and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families penalized marriage. A mother generally received far more money from welfare if she was single rather than married. Once she took a husband, her benefits were instantly reduced by roughly 10 to 20 percent. As a Cato Institute study noted, welfare programs for the poor incentivize the very behaviors that are most likely to perpetuate poverty.[2] Another Cato report observes:
“Of course women do not get pregnant just to get welfare benefits.... But, by removing the economic consequences of out-of-wedlock birth, welfare has removed a major incentive to avoid such pregnancies. A teenager looking around at her friends and neighbors is liable to see several who have given birth out-of- wedlock. When she sees that they have suffered few visible consequences ... she is less inclined to modify her own behavior to prevent pregnancy.... Current welfare policies seem to be designed with an appalling lack of concern for their impact on out-of-wedlock births. Indeed, Medicaid programs in 11 states actually provide infertility treatments to single women on welfare.”
The marriage penalties that are embedded in welfare programs can be particularly severe if a woman on public assistance weds a man who is employed in a low-paying job. As a FamilyScholars.org report puts it: “When a couple's income nears the limits prescribed by Medicaid, a few extra dollars in income cause thousands of dollars in benefits to be lost. What all of this means is that the two most important routes out of poverty—marriage and work—are heavily taxed under the current U.S. system.”[3]

Fact is the entire idea of welfare programs has done more to hurt blacks than help them. It has done nothing but make them dependent on government handouts.

The out-of-wedlock birth rate among African Americans today is 73%, three times higher than it was prior to the War on Poverty

For the next few decades, means-tested welfare programs such as food stamps, public housing, Medicaid, day care, and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families penalized marriage. A mother generally received far more money from welfare if she was single rather than married. Once she took a husband, her benefits were instantly reduced by roughly 10 to 20 percent. As a Cato Institute study noted, welfare programs for the poor incentivize the very behaviors that are most likely to perpetuate poverty.[2] Another Cato report observes:
“Of course women do not get pregnant just to get welfare benefits.... But, by removing the economic consequences of out-of-wedlock birth, welfare has removed a major incentive to avoid such pregnancies. A teenager looking around at her friends and neighbors is liable to see several who have given birth out-of- wedlock. When she sees that they have suffered few visible consequences ... she is less inclined to modify her own behavior to prevent pregnancy.... Current welfare policies seem to be designed with an appalling lack of concern for their impact on out-of-wedlock births. Indeed, Medicaid programs in 11 states actually provide infertility treatments to single women on welfare.”
The marriage penalties that are embedded in welfare programs can be particularly severe if a woman on public assistance weds a man who is employed in a low-paying job. As a FamilyScholars.org report puts it: “When a couple's income nears the limits prescribed by Medicaid, a few extra dollars in income cause thousands of dollars in benefits to be lost. What all of this means is that the two most important routes out of poverty—marriage and work—are heavily taxed under the current U.S. system.”[3]

It also devastates white americans.
We're primarily the ones who finance all these "gibs me dat" minority "entitlements".
We fund the very people who are actively trying to destroy our culture and way of life.
Historians will look back and shake their heads at the stupidity.

I dont know but you just said Liberals arent interested in solutions because they will lose their voting block. Now you are saying politicians cant keep you safe.

I know when I put my children to sleep I ignore any and all solutions because I want the Democrats to win or something

It also devastates white americans.
We're primarily the ones who finance all these "gibs me dat" minority "entitlements".
We fund the very people who are actively trying to destroy our culture and way of life.
Historians will look back and shake their heads at the stupidity.

You are also the very people who use all the funds since white people are the biggest users of govt programs by the numbers.

Here is the time when you say you dont care about the number of people on welfare and you care more about the percentages....annnnd go

I dont know but you just said Liberals arent interested in solutions because they will lose their voting block. Now you are saying politicians cant keep you safe.

I know when I put my children to sleep I ignore any and all solutions because I want the Democrats to win or something

Trying to purposely muddy the water by trying to connect two unrelated comments is a sure sign of desperation.

Forum List

Back