Woman claims she was fired from teaching for rapping, posting music videos online

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

TAYLOR, Mich. (WXYZ) – A Michigan woman says she was recently fired from her high school teaching position because she was moonlighting as a rapper.

Domonique Brown has been an educator for seven years, but that all came to an abrupt end last month after a parent came across one of her music videos and complained to the school.

“Nobody even knew I was a rapper until the parent kept continuously complaining,” Brown said.

Brown, whose rap name is Drippin’ Honey, started teaching history at Taylor Preparatory High School in August.

“The first meeting that I had with the principal and the dean, they had told me that the parent wished to stay anonymous and she felt as if she didn’t like my rap career, and that I was a bad influence on the kids because I rap,” Brown described.

Brown claims she was fired in February because she’s a rapper.

Before the firing, around the Thanksgiving holiday, she says there were meetings and an ultimatum.

“My mind and my heart were telling me two things,” Brown said. “I couldn’t see myself giving up my other passion just because somebody didn’t like it, and they say erase all your content. That was the ultimatum. Erase all your content. I was like, ‘Respectfully, I can’t do that.’”

Brown acknowledges there is profanity in her lyrics, but she says that has nothing to do with Taylor Prep and the positive impact she’s had on her students and the community.

So you cut a video in the school parking lot without permission, use Nigga' every few seconds, and expect there to be no issues.

You know I try to balance the scales for the side of good, but damn, that's a lot to overcome.....What a fuckin' moron.

TAYLOR, Mich. (WXYZ) – A Michigan woman says she was recently fired from her high school teaching position because she was moonlighting as a rapper.

Domonique Brown has been an educator for seven years, but that all came to an abrupt end last month after a parent came across one of her music videos and complained to the school.

“Nobody even knew I was a rapper until the parent kept continuously complaining,” Brown said.

Brown, whose rap name is Drippin’ Honey, started teaching history at Taylor Preparatory High School in August.

“The first meeting that I had with the principal and the dean, they had told me that the parent wished to stay anonymous and she felt as if she didn’t like my rap career, and that I was a bad influence on the kids because I rap,” Brown described.

Before the firing, around the Thanksgiving holiday, she says there were meetings and an ultimatum.

“My mind and my heart were telling me two things,” Brown said. “I couldn’t see myself giving up my other passion just because somebody didn’t like it, and they say erase all your content. That was the ultimatum. Erase all your content. I was like, ‘Respectfully, I can’t do that.’”

Brown acknowledges there is profanity in her lyrics, but she says that has nothing to do with Taylor Prep and the positive impact she’s had on her students and the community.

So you cut a video in the school parking lot without permission, use Nigga' every few seconds, and expect there to be no issues.

You know I try to balance the scales for the side of good, but damn, that's a lot to overcome.....What a fuckin' moron.

This is up there with "Prancercize" for camel toe vids.

What rule of conduct or law did she violate? "Nigga" is protected by free speech, isn't it?

She is going to be rich very soon!

This is the future of education after my fellow conservatives have run everyone else off.

I mean, what did you all think would happen? Who would line up to take this job?

This is the future of education after my fellow conservatives have run everyone else off.

I mean, what did you all think would happen? Who would line up to take this job?
They'll have their cheap labor force they all believe in.

Forum List

Back