Is Michael Brown A War Hero?

Who deserves to be shot for no reason? Anyone else?

He was shot for a good reason. Why do you defend stupid?

And what reason is that? The Police themselves havent even given a reason so any reason you give would be made up

If it's true that no reason was given, how can you say he was shot for no reason?

Because no reason was given you just assume that there is none?

When shit happens you file an incident report....The ofc didnt
When shit happens you give a statement...the ofc didnt
When shit happens the story comes out...nothing has.

You can pretend thats typical but its SOUNDS like he's being told to not say anything by his lawyer.

But he hasnt given any reason but YOU already determined theres a good reason. Funny aint it?

You liberals pukes make absolutely no sense. Do you even think before you post?

If I were the one being attacked, I would have shot his dumbass too.

Who was attacked tho? Again? Where is anything that says he was attacked?

So since you dont have anything that says he was you are making up excuses to shoot someone who was unarmed.

You are seriously stupid.

The officer did give a statement. Just not to you. An incident report was created. You weren't copied. The story has been coming out all over the media, albeit a lot of it's bullshit. Where have you been?

After the Grand Jury fails to indict, all the facts will be revealed.

Fact is the idiot that was with Brown and has since changed his story did say that Brown attacked Wilson.

REPORT: Key witness Dorian Johnson now admits that Michael Brown ATTACKED Officer Wilson

Of course and the ofc never gave any story which makes it hard to judge his story all together.

ACLU Michael Brown incident report lacks key details MSNBC

Like I said before...You can judge that guy with Brown because he gave a statement. Compared to the ofc and the dept who never did and only gave a incident report that has the time and date...NO details.

They're not going to release his statement until the Grand Jury makes it's decision. Be patient.

But for you to say he had no reason when you have no idea what he has to say is ignorant.

We know that an altercation occurred between Wilson and Brown. We don't know the extent of that altercation. We do know from the Police Chief or it may have been the Assistant Chief that Wilson did suffer injuries. We know from an eyewitness (Dorian Johnson) that Brown attacked Wilson. I'll concede that Johnson's credibility is in question. But given the little information we know it seems fair to assume that Wilson, according to Missouri law, had the right to use lethal force.

You know what happens when you assume? Or is that only when I assume?

@ClosedCaption

Allow me to draw your attention to a great statement made by a legendary civil rights leader:

"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." - Malcolm X

If that small guy in the vid was my father, or brother, or son, or husband, you bet your ass that big black guy would be eating some metal if I saw it happening.

Heres the thing tho..The Ofc didnt know anything about this incident.

And it would still happen if the guy was big and white, big and asian, big and hispanic, small and black, small and white, small and hispanic, small and asian.

Awwww thats cute that you think the police treat all races the same. Just like a white person with no frame of reference

And what reason is that? The Police themselves havent even given a reason so any reason you give would be made up

If it's true that no reason was given, how can you say he was shot for no reason?

You can pretend thats typical but its SOUNDS like he's being told to not say anything by his lawyer.

But he hasnt given any reason but YOU already determined theres a good reason. Funny aint it?

So since you dont have anything that says he was you are making up excuses to shoot someone who was unarmed.

The officer did give a statement. Just not to you. An incident report was created. You weren't copied. The story has been coming out all over the media, albeit a lot of it's bullshit. Where have you been?

Fact is the idiot that was with Brown and has since changed his story did say that Brown attacked Wilson.

REPORT: Key witness Dorian Johnson now admits that Michael Brown ATTACKED Officer Wilson

Of course and the ofc never gave any story which makes it hard to judge his story all together.

Like I said before...You can judge that guy with Brown because he gave a statement. Compared to the ofc and the dept who never did and only gave a incident report that has the time and date...NO details.

They're not going to release his statement until the Grand Jury makes it's decision. Be patient.

But for you to say he had no reason when you have no idea what he has to say is ignorant.

We know that an altercation occurred between Wilson and Brown. We don't know the extent of that altercation. We do know from the Police Chief or it may have been the Assistant Chief that Wilson did suffer injuries. We know from an eyewitness (Dorian Johnson) that Brown attacked Wilson. I'll concede that Johnson's credibility is in question. But given the little information we know it seems fair to assume that Wilson, according to Missouri law, had the right to use lethal force.

You're assuming facts that are not in evidence i.e. there was no reason to shoot Brown without hearing the officer's reason for shooting Brown.

I based my assumption on what is known. I trust the second version Johnson told of the incident. Brown attacked Wilson. Wilson did in fact suffer injuries as a result of said attack. That in itself gives the officer legal authority to defend himself.

Ok then What did Brown do to "get what he deserved"?

Response: *crickets*

In my opinion, this is enough. But if it's not enough for you, add attacking a cop to it.

A light, easy shoplifting offense where nobody got hurt is apparently reason enough to seem him murdered, according to indoctrinated Mundanes like the OP who cannot help but to bend over and spread their ass cheeks for the Law.

"A light, easy shoplifting offense where nobody got hurt..."

Interesting take on things, Goddess! I wonder if the clerk in that store found the experience to be "light & easy"?

Look, the reason we enforce the law for "minor" offenses is that when we let things slide on those it invariably leads to "major" offenses. People DO get hurt when someone shoplifts!

@ClosedCaption

Allow me to draw your attention to a great statement made by a legendary civil rights leader:

"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." - Malcolm X

Yeah and you still have yet to discuss the killing at all. Priorities and all

If that small guy in the vid was my father, or brother, or son, or husband, you bet your ass that big black guy would be eating some metal if I saw it happening.

And it would still happen if the guy was big and white, big and asian, big and hispanic, small and black, small and white, small and hispanic, small and asian.

Awwww thats cute that you think the police treat all races the same. Just like a white person with no frame of reference

How do you know the officer didn't know or suspect?

11:48 a.m. to noon – An officer responds to a call of a sick person.

11:51 a.m. – Another call comes in about a robbery at a convenience store. The dispatcher gives a description of the robber and says the suspect is walking toward the Quick Trip convenience store.
12:01 p.m. – The officer encounters Michael Brown and a friend as they walk down a street. Brown is shot to death as a result of the encounter.

Timeline: Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, Mo.
Timeline Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson Mo.

[...]

Unarmed -- but 6'4" 300lb and a demonstrated propensity for assaultive violence.

Yes. You shoot people like that! Unless you'd prefer to just let them beat the hell out of you.

Everyone has the propensity for assultive violence dude. What does being big have to do with shooting him? Because he COULD hit you with his big ol hand?

Thats all you got? Shoot at people who could hit you? Like anyone with limbs? Or just big people with limbs?
well ya ,but people like yourself just love to use warm and fuzzy generalities that have no real bearing on nthe subject.

You atact a cop things happen,a 300 lb 6.4 individual can do deadly damage very quickly. Reality sucks for you doesn't it?

You're assuming facts that are not in evidence i.e. there was no reason to shoot Brown without hearing the officer's reason for shooting Brown.

I based my assumption on what is known. I trust the second version Johnson told of the incident. Brown attacked Wilson. Wilson did in fact suffer injuries as a result of said attack. That in itself gives the officer legal authority to defend himself.

Weird first you call him a liar now you believe him. Funny that is.

Like I said if the cop wouldve beat the shit out of him and it was because he took a swing no problem but shooting someone 6 times after they ran away is NOT proportional

What's "cute" is that so many of you liberals think that the real problem in Ferguson is the racial makeup of the police force...that if only there were more blacks on the Ferguson PD that Michael Ferguson wouldn't have been shot. So tell me why it is that in cities like Chicago where large percentages of the police force are black that blacks are being killed at an alarmingly high level?

This isn't a problem with the Police. It's a problem with a lack of jobs for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a problem with a breakdown of the family unit for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a breakdown of the sense of right and wrong for young black men like Michael Brown. The Ferguson Police's racial makeup isn't what made Michael Brown rob that convenience store or refuse to get out of the street. Changing that makeup won't do a THING to improve the situation. It's putting a band-aid on a severed limb.

[...]

Unarmed -- but 6'4" 300lb and a demonstrated propensity for assaultive violence.

Yes. You shoot people like that! Unless you'd prefer to just let them beat the hell out of you.

Everyone has the propensity for assultive violence dude. What does being big have to do with shooting him? Because he COULD hit you with his big ol hand?

Thats all you got? Shoot at people who could hit you? Like anyone with limbs? Or just big people with limbs?
well ya ,but people like yourself just love to use warm and fuzzy generalities that have no real bearing on nthe subject.

You atact a cop things happen,a 300 lb 6.4 individual can do deadly damage very quickly. Reality sucks for you doesn't it?

Back to "he could've so shoot him"

@ClosedCaption

Yeah and you still have yet to discuss the killing at all. Priorities and all

Seems lawful to me. A Black man is approached by a police car. The police officer tells the Black man to stay where he is. The man is told to get into the car. There's a struggle, corroborated by the wounds sustained by the officer, who claim the man, who was high at the time, went for his weapon (an extremely stupid, or desperate, move) and begins to flea the scene after he thinks the officer is sufficiently incapacitated [for Brown] to make an escape. The officer isn't incapacitated, and exits the car, weapon drawn, and orders Brown to stop. He's charged by a large man, who has already attacked him, and he opens fire, using his professional judgement to decide how many rounds will be needed to render such a threat neutral.

What's "cute" is that so many of you liberals think that the real problem in Ferguson is the racial makeup of the police force...that if only there were more blacks on the Ferguson PD that Michael Ferguson wouldn't have been shot. So tell me why it is that in cities like Chicago where large percentages of the police force are black that blacks are being killed at an alarmingly high level?

This isn't a problem with the Police. It's a problem with a lack of jobs for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a problem with a breakdown of the family unit for young black men like Michael Brown. It's a breakdown of the sense of right and wrong for young black men like Michael Brown. The Ferguson Police's racial makeup isn't what made Michael Brown rob that convenience store or refuse to get out of the street. Changing that makeup won't do a THING to improve the situation. It's putting a band-aid on a severed limb.

*pats on the head* You believe the police treat everyone the same. Now thats funny and honestly you're so delusional that other answers will be even harder for you to understand

Interesting take on things, Goddess! I wonder if the clerk in that store found the experience to be "light & easy"?

How indoctrinated are you people??? The only thing that was hurt was that little man's pride and ego.

If he did not find the experience to be "light and easy", perhaps he should consider what it would have been like if he'd been sliced open with his guts falling out. Or if he'd been shot repeatedly and miraculously survived but became paralyzed for life.

No.

He just received a small push and that's it. He didn't even get knocked down or physically injured in any way.

Look, the reason we enforce the law for "minor" offenses is that when we let things slide on those it invariably leads to "major" offenses. People DO get hurt when someone shoplifts!

Nobody was hurt in this scenario. At most, someone out there lost a tiny amount of money for the cost of whatever was stolen.

This misdemeanor deserved to be dealt with accordingly, but it was most definitely not execution-worthy.

Ok then What did Brown do to "get what he deserved"?

Response: *crickets*

In my opinion, this is enough. But if it's not enough for you, add attacking a cop to it.

A light, easy shoplifting offense where nobody got hurt is apparently reason enough to seem him murdered, according to indoctrinated Mundanes like the OP who cannot help but to bend over and spread their ass cheeks for the Law.

As any of the resident cops in this forum will tell you, I am often critical of the police in general.

But based on your position on this issue I will assume you think of the "knockout game" as just boys having fun and nothing serious. Right?

If that small guy in the vid was my father, or brother, or son, or husband, you bet your ass that big black guy would be eating some metal if I saw it happening. And it would still happen if the guy was big and white, big and asian, big and hispanic, small and black, small and white, small and hispanic, small and asian.

No, he would not be "eating some metal".

There is far greater chance that your elderly ass would get shot or stabbed by the person you are attacking, before your fragile, decrepit body could make a move. They'd probably take your gun from you and shoot you with your own weapon.

Chances are it wouldn't be an eighteen year old teenager either. If it was an actual criminal you'd be shaking in a pool of your own blood before you could make your "heroic" attempt at vigilante justice.

But based on your position on this issue I will assume you think of the "knockout game" as just boys having fun and nothing serious. Right?

Half right.

Alot of the time it is boys just having fun... in a violent, risky kind of way. Alot of the time it is also racially motivated, but not all of the time.

Regardless, it is serious, and they have only themselves to blame if they get shot and/ or killed for their choice of "fun".

But someone who is shoplifting? No. Let them go. Police will likely find them and make them pay a fine. Shoplifting isn't deserving of an execution or of prison time. Just a fine and maybe a few days or weeks in jail, depending on their record.

Weird first you call him a liar now you believe him. Funny that is.

Like I said if the cop wouldve beat the shit out of him and it was because he took a swing no problem but shooting someone 6 times after they ran away is NOT proportional

I never called him a liar which makes you a liar.

I said he changed his story and conceded that his credibility may be in question.

He was actually facing the cop when he as shot, any idiot looking at the autopsy photos would know that. Why do you insist on making yourself look ignorant?

If he was charging the officer, which I believe he was, then the officer had every right to use lethal force. And when you shoot a person charging you, you keep shooting until the threat is gone. If he's still up and coming, you keep shooting. If you have to reload, by all means reload and continue shooting.

If that small guy in the vid was my father, or brother, or son, or husband, you bet your ass that big black guy would be eating some metal if I saw it happening. And it would still happen if the guy was big and white, big and asian, big and hispanic, small and black, small and white, small and hispanic, small and asian.

No, he would not be "eating some metal".

There is far greater chance that your elderly ass would get shot or stabbed by the person you are attacking, before your fragile, decrepit body could make a move. They'd probably take your gun from you and shoot you with your own weapon.

Chances are it wouldn't be an eighteen year old teenager either. If it was an actual criminal you'd be shaking in a pool of your own blood before you could make your "heroic" attempt at vigilante justice.
lol. You know nothing about me. Fact is, I don't give a rats ass if they did manage to get my weapon from me and killed me with it. At least I tried instead of finding excuses to not do anything at all.
And for all we know, you are fat and old and sit in your mommies basement while pretending to be some wannabe goddess. *snicker*

How indoctrinated are you people??? The only thing that was hurt was that little man's pride and ego.

If he did not find the experience to be "light and easy", perhaps he should consider what it would have been like if he'd been sliced open with his guts falling out. Or if he'd been shot repeatedly and miraculously survived but became paralyzed for life.

No.

He just received a small push and that's it. He didn't even get knocked down or physically injured in any way.

Nobody was hurt in this scenario. At most, someone out there lost a tiny amount of money for the cost of whatever was stolen.

This misdemeanor deserved to be dealt with accordingly, but it was most definitely not execution-worthy.

He wasn't shot BECAUSE he robbed the store. He was shot because he was acting like a thug and seemed too stupid to stop while he was ahead.

Forum List

Back