Is it just me, or what?...

OK. So what has Obama done in the nearly one year he's been in office to change of that or make it better?
Tool.

Thanks for asking

The economy- a major accomplishment for Obama. He assumed office in the midst of the worst recession in seventy years. Since Obama....54% increase in stock market, 27% increase in home sales, GDP up, interest ratesl low, inflation low. Jobs? Did you say jobs? A year ago we were losing 700,000 jobs a month. Last month 11,000 jobs...major improvement

Iraq- President Obama has been drawing down forces and moved out of the hot zones. Casualties are down

Afghanistan- Obama has tripled troop strength and has authorized more drone strikes on terrorist targets than Bush did in eight years

Healthcare- President Obama now has the votes to pass the first comprehensive healthcare program in US History. Presidents since Truman have been trying to accomplish what Obama has done in one year

Climate Change_ President Obama personally negotiated the first major global pact in history. He brought together leaders from around the world and laid the groundwork for future discussions

That's like a joke, right? Right?
Economy-disaster. Unemployment higher than when Bush took office. Deficits sky high. Dollar at all time low.
Iraq- Obama continues Bush's failed policies of withdrawl.
Afghanistan-Obama dithers for months before deciding on a policy that his own general has said represents unacceptable risk.
Healthcare--Even Howard Dean and the liberal wing say this is not reform.
Climate Change-Obama got leaders from around the world to agree to talk more about how much they would demand from the US and Europe.

And now the downside:
Auto companies-faux bankruptcies that left the unions in charge without changing the basic dynamic that caused their failure in the first place.
China-tarriffs on tires, increasing expense for American consumers and igniting a trade war
Honduras-Supported a Chavez allied dictator against the democratic majority in the country.
Iran-Despite pledges he would sit down and talk, the Iranians dont seem interested and are thumbing their noses at every international demand. Additionally Obama has turned his back on the democratic protests there.
Cap n tax-introduced a job killing tax that promises to reduce global termperatures by .5degrees C in 50 years. Maybe.
Moved to bring 9/11 terrorists to NY for trial, setting terrible precedent sure to be exploited in the future, and making a mockery of American justice.
Campaign promises-has broken or reneged on every campaign promise he ever made.

He is the worst president since Jimmy Carter. He is the worst president since Warren Harding. He is the worst president ever. The only consolation is 2010 is coming and the GOP will retake control of Congress, stalling his agenda until Hilary Clinton takes teh nomination from him in 2012.

LOL...Thats a joke right?

Now let me really put you in your place by posting some crazy guy smilies

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Now let me post some smilies to show my shock for how stupid your reply was

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And now let me post some laughing smilies to show how stupid your post is

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And now let me post some disbelief smilies to show that even smilies think you made a stupid post

:disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::disbelief:

I have more smilies....so I win

Yes, that is the Democratic-left way: the one with more symbols wins.
Too bad adults evaluate results. And the results of Obama's presidency have been disaster.

OK. So what has Obama done in the nearly one year he's been in office to change of that or make it better?
Tool.

Thanks for asking

The economy- a major accomplishment for Obama. He assumed office in the midst of the worst recession in seventy years. Since Obama....54% increase in stock market, 27% increase in home sales, GDP up, interest ratesl low, inflation low. Jobs? Did you say jobs? A year ago we were losing 700,000 jobs a month. Last month 11,000 jobs...major improvement

Iraq- President Obama has been drawing down forces and moved out of the hot zones. Casualties are down

Afghanistan- Obama has tripled troop strength and has authorized more drone strikes on terrorist targets than Bush did in eight years

Healthcare- President Obama now has the votes to pass the first comprehensive healthcare program in US History. Presidents since Truman have been trying to accomplish what Obama has done in one year

Climate Change_ President Obama personally negotiated the first major global pact in history. He brought together leaders from around the world and laid the groundwork for future discussions

That's like a joke, right? Right?
Economy-disaster. Unemployment higher than when Bush took office. Deficits sky high. Dollar at all time low.
Iraq- Obama continues Bush's failed policies of withdrawl.
Afghanistan-Obama dithers for months before deciding on a policy that his own general has said represents unacceptable risk.
Healthcare--Even Howard Dean and the liberal wing say this is not reform.
Climate Change-Obama got leaders from around the world to agree to talk more about how much they would demand from the US and Europe.

And now the downside:
Auto companies-faux bankruptcies that left the unions in charge without changing the basic dynamic that caused their failure in the first place.
China-tarriffs on tires, increasing expense for American consumers and igniting a trade war
Honduras-Supported a Chavez allied dictator against the democratic majority in the country.
Iran-Despite pledges he would sit down and talk, the Iranians dont seem interested and are thumbing their noses at every international demand. Additionally Obama has turned his back on the democratic protests there.
Cap n tax-introduced a job killing tax that promises to reduce global termperatures by .5degrees C in 50 years. Maybe.
Moved to bring 9/11 terrorists to NY for trial, setting terrible precedent sure to be exploited in the future, and making a mockery of American justice.
Campaign promises-has broken or reneged on every campaign promise he ever made.

He is the worst president since Jimmy Carter. He is the worst president since Warren Harding. He is the worst president ever. The only consolation is 2010 is coming and the GOP will retake control of Congress, stalling his agenda until Hilary Clinton takes teh nomination from him in 2012.

Well, I'm not so sure about Hillary but I'll agree with most of the rest.

Is it just me, or what? I don't believe I am seeing everything being blamed on Bush the way that I did when I first joined up with this board. Have people grown weary, became more informed, or just seem to be moving away from the trend. What's up? I'm curious.
When your savior makes the Bush years look like a decade of rationality, one tends to keep quiet.

The economy? I blame Bush
Iraq? I blame Bush
Afghanistan? Its now Obama's
Healthcare? Obama
Climate Legislation? Obama
Guantanamo? I blame Bush

Tool.

Thanks for asking

How could the economy be a major accomplishment for Obama when Congress controls spending? :cuckoo: I wish they would teach this in Public Schools, but I'm not holding my breath.

How could the economy be a major accomplishment for Obama when Congress controls spending? :cuckoo: I wish they would teach this in Public Schools, but I'm not holding my breath.

Beating down Public Schools for any reason never goes out of fashion.:confused:

I blame Soy-Burgers in Lunchrooms.

Beating down Public Schools for any reason never goes out of fashion.:confused:

I blame Soy-Burgers in Lunchrooms.

Most adults in America were educated in Public Schools, yet most don't understand the basics as I just pointed out. They either were not taught or it's willful ignorance. Having given up on Public Education years ago, I don't know which it is. I just know what I was taught. Perhaps a Public School teacher can explain.

And the results of Obama's presidency have been disaster.

What results?

Not just anyone can win a Nobel Peace Prize.:razz:

Sure they can. I received two in Christmas cards this year, and you see ads for them all over the place. This place in Rockwall TX is offering one free with every oil change:

RockwallOilChange.jpg

My previous post is more poking fun at the total absurdity of the Messianic adoration heaped upon Obama that couldn't be lived up to by anybody. It wasn't his fault that he was nominated for the Peace Prize, though I think a person of character would have rejected the nomination. He has invited some of the Messianic adoration, however, when he gushes through a microphone that "We will change the world" or says things like "We are the ones we have been waiting for."

The more gullible among us--the kool-ade drinkers--and perhaps some of the more hopeful among us are able to turn a blind eye at how President Obama's perspective on things and emphasis on governing bears no resemblance at all to candidate Obama's rhetoric. And some seem to almost desperately pretend that he isn't as ill informed, as impotent a leader, and as incompetent an administrator as he has been thus far.

In their defense, however, some of us hung on with President Bush longer than we should have before we were able to acknowledge that he did blow it in the prosecution of the Iraq war and he was far more fiscally liberal than any of us wanted to admit.

Obama isn't to blame for what he inherited from President Bush any more than President Bush is to blame for what he inherited from those who went before him.

But President Obama is 100% responsible for the decisions he makes now. We can sympathize with him in the sheer magnitude of the job, but we cannot and must not simply accept irresponsible and destructive policy and legislation as excusable because of his inexperience and incompetence or ignorance or youth. He professed experience and ability when he ran for the office. And he is not exempt from criticism because he is young, incompetent, ignorant, wrong-headed, or whatever is causing him to make really bad and sometimes dangerous and inexcusable decisions. He wanted the job. It's too late now to excuse him for being in over his head.

Last edited:
Obama has been a major disappointment.

In a lot of ways, yes. But with all the shit on his plate, I wonder who could have done any better.

this leaves me wondering where this thought originated. How will we ever know what could have and would have been done different, better or otherwise since so many people went out and voted blindly for a man that they didn't know, didn't want to know, didn't care to know...and believed EVERYTHING he said just because he was different. You get what you ask for in this case...and the results are the price you pay.

We will NEVER know what could have been. We will never know if America had a chance to come back.

I take exception to that. America is still a great country peopled by great people. A change in policy and a change in leadership and we will see America's greatness come out again. The country is much bigger than Barak Insane Obama, no matter what he thinks.

If you had no TV, Radio, Newspaper, would you, or I, even be aware he was President?

The only fucking difference I can tell in my life in the past year has been wrenching my fucking knee when I slipped on ice last week.

I really don't blame Obama.

I take exception to that. America is still a great country peopled by great people. A change in policy and a change in leadership and we will see America's greatness come out again. The country is much bigger than Barak Insane Obama, no matter what he thinks.

There is a part of me that agrees with you, but there is a part of me that is grounded in the mindset and philosophy of our Founders and that warned us that apathy, complacency, and failure to defend our rights that were intended to be protected by the Constitution would be our undoing.

The problem did not originate with Barack Obama. It began with the first unchallenged act of using the people's money to dispense favors and largesse. Once we accepted that those in government would have ability to increase their own prestige, power, authority, and fortune by favoring targeted constituencies, it has been slowly unraveling.

Barack Obama is not the cause of this, but is evidence of how badly we have conceded the basic values that made America the glorious and shining experiment that it has been. He is the poster child for government that uses power of selective benevolence to take away freedom rather than protecting it. He is not interested in American values of borders, language, and culture. I believe he is interested in one world government of complete authority and harbors illusions of grandeur that he is the chosen one to lead it.

I do not believe that we have yet reached the point of no return. But I do believe that if we don't wake up, dig in our heels, and demand the America of the Constitution, we will lose America as we have known it.

Last edited:

If you had no TV, Radio, Newspaper, would you, or I, even be aware he was President?

The only fucking difference I can tell in my life in the past year has been wrenching my fucking knee when I slipped on ice last week.

OK. I dont know what you do that you are so insulated.
In my little gun shop the first result was a panic buying of unprecedented proportions. This was followed by a scarcity of guns and ammunition that still hasn't quite sorted itself out. This was followed by a drop off in sales as my working-class customers are looking at layoffs or cuts in hours.
Yes, I blame Obama for all of it.

In a lot of ways, yes. But with all the shit on his plate, I wonder who could have done any better.

Someone who publicly announced a policy of vetoing any bill with pork, and stuck to it in a nonpartisan way.
Someone who also got on top of the situation in Afghanistan and made the call, rather than making it wait until after the elections/peace prize award.
Someone who actually understands that government regulations can harm business and who could reign in the desire to blindly make it worse.

That's who.

OK. I dont know what you do that you are so insulated.
In my little gun shop the first result was a panic buying of unprecedented proportions. This was followed by a scarcity of guns and ammunition that still hasn't quite sorted itself out. This was followed by a drop off in sales as my working-class customers are looking at layoffs or cuts in hours.
Yes, I blame Obama for all of it.

First: My fucking knee fucking hurts.

Second: You think Obama controls the Gun Market? How do you know there wasn't a Crime Wave in the neighborhood? Or someone saw a Grizzlie Bear? Or someone saw an Alien?

Forum List

Back