Is it just me, or what?...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Is it just me, or what? I don't believe I am seeing everything being blamed on Bush the way that I did when I first joined up with this board. Have people grown weary, became more informed, or just seem to be moving away from the trend. What's up? I'm curious.

Is it just me, or what? I don't believe I am seeing everything being blamed on Bush the way that I did when I first joined up with this board. Have people grown weary, became more informed, or just seem to be moving away from the trend. What's up? I'm curious.

The usual suspects are having a difficult time blaming anything on Bush since Obama is doing many of the same things Bush did. They simply hate the idea that Obama is Bush-III.

No, it's just that we get smacked down whenever we bring up the years 2000 through 2006, like they never happened. Here's what I said in another thread:

Time all you younguns listen up:

In case you're still not aware, the last decade has been one of incredible upheaval: Terrorist attacks, the rise of a brand new enemy which doesn't respond to conventional warfare, two expensive wars attempting to combat it, a devastating hurricane that nearly wiped out a major city, a period of spending beyond our personal needs, an economy based on credit with zero collateral.

The response to all of that has been weak and/or taken far too long to resolve, and unfortunately that meant that several wakeup calls are now up close and personal. There are still only a few true patriots fighting our two wars--the troops themselves and their families--while the rest of us sit back and play armchair general between football games. Our spending habits finally came home to roost with the burst of the housing bubble, which created a virtual tsunami when lending institutions all over the world were unable to live up to their own credit obligations.

So to think all of that is either just another chapter in American history and isn't part of today's reality, is just plain stupid. It didn't begin in 2007, and it won't end by the next decade, even if conservatives start winning election after election.

It has nothing to do with "blaming Bush" personally. Shit happened. The shit is still on the floor.
Got it????

[thread=98149]-a-few-words-of-wisdom-from-me-to-you-in-case-anyone-cares-6.[/thread] #90

Haven't you heard....it's their campaign strategy for 2010....they are keeping quiet about Bush for the next 6 months...and then when all of the dupes have forgotten about it...WHAM..they will unveil it in July of 2010...and we will hear nothing but Bush bashing all the way up until Election Day.

Obama has been a major disappointment.

In a lot of ways, yes. But with all the shit on his plate, I wonder who could have done any better.

Someone with more experience than Obama could have done better, which includes everyone who ran in the primaries. Obama is going to be signing some of the worst legislation in history very soon: Health care. It will raise rates for everyone and cost the country trillions. It could prove to be the final nail in the coffin which bankrupts our country for good. He also sent 30,000 troops to Afghanistan just before accepting a Nobel Peace Prize which he did absolutely nothing to earn. There's plenty more major screw-ups to list, but you get the idea. Even McCain could have done better.

In a lot of ways, yes. But with all the shit on his plate, I wonder who could have done any better.

Anyone with a brain or political experience.

Riddle me this; Obama during the campaign used to say ad nauseum "Someone needs to tell Bush that when you're in a hole you need to stop diggin"

The US economy generally ran in 14-year cycles, with periodic recessions and growth cycles. Since so many factories were moved overseas employment is not as assured as in years past. Obama can't bring back those factories, he'd need to build new ones. I don't see any Obama policies geared to create wealth or grow jobs. Bernanke keep talking about a "jobless recovery" which is moronic, since a recovery is measured by job growth.

Can you admit that Cap+Trade will kill jobs with high utility rates? Also, that he is pushing "wish-list" agenda items like UHC instead of policies that will create jobs ASAP. UHC won't take effect for 5 - 10 years!! Obama ignores medicare and Social Security going bankrupt. He only seems intent on setting up kickback schemes.

I am still trying to figure out what capNtrade actually is.

Do we maintain such restrictions on foreign goods--that is if they do not meet said restrictions, they cannot sell their products here? If so, then is it no more than a form of BACK DOOR PROTECTIONISM?

Just when I started to look at the benefits of a Universal currency(a one world currency, for the conspiracy nuts out there), this thing pops up.

Oh well. Looks like the Libertarian Isolationists have a friend in the Libs, although this is not how the LiberIs probably wish to pursue their concepts of Protectionism.

I am still trying to figure out what capNtrade actually is.

Do we maintain such restrictions on foreign goods--that is if they do not meet said restrictions, they cannot sell their products here? If so, then is it no more than a form of BACK DOOR PROTECTIONISM?

Just when I started to look at the benefits of a Universal currency(a one world currency, for the conspiracy nuts out there), this thing pops up.

Oh well. Looks like the Libertarian Isolationists have a friend in the Libs, although this is not how the LiberIs probably wish to pursue their concepts of Protectionism.

Here is the wiki version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emissions_trading

Its a scam no matter how you look at it. Its not like you buy pounds of baloney or a pizza and take it home. $billions to be scammed...from the CHUMPS.

The economy? I blame Bush
Iraq? I blame Bush
Afghanistan? Its now Obama's
Healthcare? Obama
Climate Legislation? Obama
Guantanamo? I blame Bush

Someone with more experience than Obama could have done better, which includes everyone who ran in the primaries. Obama is going to be signing some of the worst legislation in history very soon: Health care. It will raise rates for everyone and cost the country trillions. It could prove to be the final nail in the coffin which bankrupts our country for good. He also sent 30,000 troops to Afghanistan just before accepting a Nobel Peace Prize which he did absolutely nothing to earn. There's plenty more major screw-ups to list, but you get the idea. Even McCain could have done better.

Almost anyone would have done better. Obama's lack of experience and poor judgment are on display every day of the week. He is clueless as to why people voted for him. He thinks its all about Obama. It isn't. He is failing the AMerican people and the poll numbers show it.

Iraq? I blame Bush
Healthcare? Obama
Guantanamo? I blame Bush

The economy. I'll blame Bush too only to the extent that he didn't mobilize public opinion to get the godamn thing fixed. The dems had their cash cows and liked Fannie & Freddie just as they were...right up to the point of bankruptcy. Wall Street went berzerk with no regulation. How the fuck could Bernie Madoff brag about being the next head of the SEC??? No one was driving the bus and it showed.

Iraq? blame Bush. How come the dems whined when Bush-1 didn't get rid of Saddam at Gulf-1? Then they whine when Bush-2 gets rid of Saddam during Gulf-2. Most of us like the ME a lot better w/o Saddam and his larvae there.

Afghanistan? Its now Obama's. Its still a puss case. Better off using MOABs or neutrons and bailing. It would be cheaper.

Healthcare? Obama. Mega-puss case. He'll be long gone before any of his garbage policies kick-in. Hopefully they can short-circuit UHC & C+T before they kick-in.

Never happen. Cost too many jobs and money we don't have.

Guantanamo? I blame Bush
Keep the MFs there.....or Illinois...they need the work. WTF is the diff where we stockpile the SNs????? (what blame??)

Iraq? I blame Bush
Healthcare? Obama
Guantanamo? I blame Bush

OK. So what has Obama done in the nearly one year he's been in office to change of that or make it better?
Tool.

Iraq? I blame Bush
Healthcare? Obama
Guantanamo? I blame Bush

OK. So what has Obama done in the nearly one year he's been in office to change of that or make it better?
Tool.

Thanks for asking

The economy- a major accomplishment for Obama. He assumed office in the midst of the worst recession in seventy years. Since Obama....54% increase in stock market, 27% increase in home sales, GDP up, interest ratesl low, inflation low. Jobs? Did you say jobs? A year ago we were losing 700,000 jobs a month. Last month 11,000 jobs...major improvement

Iraq- President Obama has been drawing down forces and moved out of the hot zones. Casualties are down

Afghanistan- Obama has tripled troop strength and has authorized more drone strikes on terrorist targets than Bush did in eight years

Healthcare- President Obama now has the votes to pass the first comprehensive healthcare program in US History. Presidents since Truman have been trying to accomplish what Obama has done in one year

Climate Change_ President Obama personally negotiated the first major global pact in history. He brought together leaders from around the world and laid the groundwork for future discussions

Good for Obama if all that is true. IMHO its mostly phony baloney. The economy will sink under Obama's stupid policies. Iraq/AFG he's basically continuing Bush policies, congrats. Healthcare/Climate-change are all show. The system will be bankrupt before anything gets implemented. Talk about fiddling as Rome Burns...

Iraq? I blame Bush
Healthcare? Obama
Guantanamo? I blame Bush

Tool.

Thanks for asking

The economy- a major accomplishment for Obama. He assumed office in the midst of the worst recession in seventy years. Since Obama....54% increase in stock market, 27% increase in home sales, GDP up, interest ratesl low, inflation low. Jobs? Did you say jobs? A year ago we were losing 700,000 jobs a month. Last month 11,000 jobs...major improvement

Iraq- President Obama has been drawing down forces and moved out of the hot zones. Casualties are down

Afghanistan- Obama has tripled troop strength and has authorized more drone strikes on terrorist targets than Bush did in eight years

Healthcare- President Obama now has the votes to pass the first comprehensive healthcare program in US History. Presidents since Truman have been trying to accomplish what Obama has done in one year

Climate Change_ President Obama personally negotiated the first major global pact in history. He brought together leaders from around the world and laid the groundwork for future discussions

That's like a joke, right? Right?
Economy-disaster. Unemployment higher than when Bush took office. Deficits sky high. Dollar at all time low.
Iraq- Obama continues Bush's failed policies of withdrawl.
Afghanistan-Obama dithers for months before deciding on a policy that his own general has said represents unacceptable risk.
Healthcare--Even Howard Dean and the liberal wing say this is not reform.
Climate Change-Obama got leaders from around the world to agree to talk more about how much they would demand from the US and Europe.

And now the downside:
Auto companies-faux bankruptcies that left the unions in charge without changing the basic dynamic that caused their failure in the first place.
China-tarriffs on tires, increasing expense for American consumers and igniting a trade war
Honduras-Supported a Chavez allied dictator against the democratic majority in the country.
Iran-Despite pledges he would sit down and talk, the Iranians dont seem interested and are thumbing their noses at every international demand. Additionally Obama has turned his back on the democratic protests there.
Cap n tax-introduced a job killing tax that promises to reduce global termperatures by .5degrees C in 50 years. Maybe.
Moved to bring 9/11 terrorists to NY for trial, setting terrible precedent sure to be exploited in the future, and making a mockery of American justice.
Campaign promises-has broken or reneged on every campaign promise he ever made.

He is the worst president since Jimmy Carter. He is the worst president since Warren Harding. He is the worst president ever. The only consolation is 2010 is coming and the GOP will retake control of Congress, stalling his agenda until Hilary Clinton takes teh nomination from him in 2012.

Forum List

Back