Is it just me, or what?...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Big Black Dog, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,723
    Is it just me, or what? I don't believe I am seeing everything being blamed on Bush the way that I did when I first joined up with this board. Have people grown weary, became more informed, or just seem to be moving away from the trend. What's up? I'm curious.

2. Titanic Sailor

Titanic Sailor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Reality is sinking in.

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    The usual suspects are having a difficult time blaming anything on Bush since Obama is doing many of the same things Bush did. They simply hate the idea that Obama is Bush-III.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    No, it's just that we get smacked down whenever we bring up the years 2000 through 2006, like they never happened. Here's what I said in another thread:

Time all you younguns listen up:

In case you're still not aware, the last decade has been one of incredible upheaval: Terrorist attacks, the rise of a brand new enemy which doesn't respond to conventional warfare, two expensive wars attempting to combat it, a devastating hurricane that nearly wiped out a major city, a period of spending beyond our personal needs, an economy based on credit with zero collateral.

The response to all of that has been weak and/or taken far too long to resolve, and unfortunately that meant that several wakeup calls are now up close and personal. There are still only a few true patriots fighting our two wars--the troops themselves and their families--while the rest of us sit back and play armchair general between football games. Our spending habits finally came home to roost with the burst of the housing bubble, which created a virtual tsunami when lending institutions all over the world were unable to live up to their own credit obligations.

So to think all of that is either just another chapter in American history and isn't part of today's reality, is just plain stupid. It didn't begin in 2007, and it won't end by the next decade, even if conservatives start winning election after election.

It has nothing to do with "blaming Bush" personally. Shit happened. The shit is still on the floor.
    Got it????

[thread=98149]-a-few-words-of-wisdom-from-me-to-you-in-case-anyone-cares-6.[/thread] #90

5. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Haven't you heard....it's their campaign strategy for 2010....they are keeping quiet about Bush for the next 6 months...and then when all of the dupes have forgotten about it...WHAM..they will unveil it in July of 2010...and we will hear nothing but Bush bashing all the way up until Election Day.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,826
    Obama has been a major disappointment.

7. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    In a lot of ways, yes. But with all the shit on his plate, I wonder who could have done any better.

8. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,826
    I don't know, but I know who wouldn't have done any better.

9. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    That's no excuse for mediocrity.

10. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Someone with more experience than Obama could have done better, which includes everyone who ran in the primaries. Obama is going to be signing some of the worst legislation in history very soon: Health care. It will raise rates for everyone and cost the country trillions. It could prove to be the final nail in the coffin which bankrupts our country for good. He also sent 30,000 troops to Afghanistan just before accepting a Nobel Peace Prize which he did absolutely nothing to earn. There's plenty more major screw-ups to list, but you get the idea. Even McCain could have done better.