Senator Ben Nelson another example rampant corruption in our government.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maple, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    Congratulations Senator Ben Nelson, you have just been nominated to the ( Corrupt Bastards Club) the CBC. Palin had this term for the CBC in Alaska, no reason we are not using that term in Washington.:clap2::clap2:

Feel free to add to the list of the CBC.

Why Sen. Ben Nelson did the right thing to compromise on health care: Commentary

federal government would still not in anyway subsidize abortions.

Senator Nelson did however get some valuable concessions for his state. He craftily leveraged his position as the final holdout, to get Nebraska a single-state permanent exemption from contributing to the states’ share of the Medicaid expansion written into the bill, which will mean the other states will need to contribute an additional $45 million in the first decade to cover Nebraska’s share. He also got a concession on the abortion issue in that states can opt out of allowing plans that cover abortion in the insurance exchanges, but apparently for anti-abortion proponents in Nebraska that’s not enough.

I do not agree with the commentary that he did the right thing, he did the crooked thing and it's something that we as taxpayers in the other 49 states are going to be forced to pay for.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  2. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,714
    Senator Ben Nelson is just another one of those Washington political whores. He'd still be against the Health Care Reform Bill if they had not of come across with the big payoff for the State of Nebraska. He didn't do what was best for the country. He did what was best for Nebraska. This whole damned Health Care Reform Bill has been advanced through both the House and the Senate with bribe money. Good civics lesson for our school students.

3. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    Does it make you libs in the other 49 states feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that you will be forced to pay additional money to fund Nebraska's medicaid bill??

Somehow I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about that.

4. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568

When you have an administration that ran Chicago with a President from Chicago is it any wonder why we have this corruption going on at the federal level.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702
    I hate to make your day any worse than it is but I think the jackazz known as Reid gave himself the same deal for Nevada.. and you know they kissed Landrieus ass to the tune of 300 million dollars.. feel better yet?

6. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,953
    Terrific. Him and Mary Landreau should rot a few kilometers down in the Earth where its million of degrees

7. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    And who's going to pay for these bribes if we are already tetering on bankruptcy now? Don't forget all the other Obama crap that's been pushed through ahead of the healthcare. Or should the Fed just print more money to cover the costs of bribery?

Oh, and I just heard on the news today about a plan for government to take control over all water in the country including rivers, ponds, lakes, water puddles (yes!), and ocean water ... and whatever water I left out ... to ensure clean water nationwide.

Samson ... I suggest you round up all your llamas and antelpoe and come up with a way to purify all the water.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  8. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,953
    This is why Tom Delay and Dubya can rot in hell as well

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702
    We the people are! That's who. I hope you didn't believe that friggin liar obamalama when he said your taxes wouldn't go up!

10. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    We all are going to pay, don't beleive that B.S that only the rich are going to be taxed, you will see taxes raised on everything from soda pop to gasoline to pay for this monstrosity. Then you young pups are going to have to sign up for an insurance plan which YOU are going to have to pay for, or go to jail.:lol::lol::lol:

" When the democrats start talking about taxing the rich, the middle class needs to run for cover." Fred Thompson