Is it God’s right to kill us whenever he sees fit?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

“And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.”

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/do-you-think-it-odd-that-your-god-never-acknowledges-you-is-that-rude.698104/page-17#post-20430365

SweetSue92 gave me this reply but I have hear many Christians echo this thinking which basically says that the law maker does not need to follow the law he dictates for the rest of us. I paraphrase, do as I say and not as I do.

This was in response to our chatting about the many times, as in the genocide of Noah’s day, the murder of Egypt’s first born and the 6 day torture of King David’s baby, all because God was angry with the parents. God kills us when he could just as easily cure us and picks the innocent to kill instead of the guilty.

Is do as I say and not as I do moral or immoral thinking?

Regards
DL

In your case?

giphy.gif

Probably.

It's religion, dammit. It's not supposed to make sense.

It is supposed to represent good morals gotten from a genocidal son murdering Yahweh.

Perhaps secular law should revue what Hitler wrote.

Regards
DL

“And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.”

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/do-you-think-it-odd-that-your-god-never-acknowledges-you-is-that-rude.698104/page-17#post-20430365

SweetSue92 gave me this reply but I have hear many Christians echo this thinking which basically says that the law maker does not need to follow the law he dictates for the rest of us. I paraphrase, do as I say and not as I do.

This was in response to our chatting about the many times, as in the genocide of Noah’s day, the murder of Egypt’s first born and the 6 day torture of King David’s baby, all because God was angry with the parents. God kills us when he could just as easily cure us and picks the innocent to kill instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL

Yes. The Creator alone owns the Creation. He also controls the eternal destiny of all of us, which we cannot do for any we destroy. And ALL we can do is destroy. We have no ability to create. We have no ability to determine eternal destiny of those we destroy.

In short, He is God and we are not.

I'm sorry you seem not to understand these fundamentals and seem to be more interested in playing gotcha games. I really mean that--I am sorry about that.

Regards
DL

Yes. The Creator alone owns the Creation. He also controls the eternal destiny of all of us, which we cannot do for any we destroy. And ALL we can do is destroy. We have no ability to create. We have no ability to determine eternal destiny of those we destroy.

I'm sorry you seem not to understand these fundamentals and seem to be more interested in playing gotcha games. I really mean that--I am sorry about that.

The fundamental you ignore is that killing when you can just as easily cure is evil.

You also fail to see that to punish, torture and kill a child or baby because you are angry with the parents is also evil.

Your prick of a God does both.

Are you a mother and as a life giver, do you also give yourself the right to kill your creation?

Regards
DL

In your case?

Probably.

IOW, you are not capable of a moral judgement.

Thanks, Christian. You made my case.

Regards
DL

You seem very angry. Are you okay?

More mentally and morally fit than you.

Regards
DL

Didn't you know SweetSue? GreatestIam the Nazi is greater than all God.

He is the final arbitrator of what is intellectually correct and what is ethical and moral.

He is omniscient and omnipotent.

Debate and discussion with him is useless and pointless, for he knows all and sees all before you even formulate your thoughts. . . .

This life is a probationary mortal state. It is not the eternal state that the soul of mankind will dwell in forever. It is a temporary state that is made and controlled by God to give us learning and understanding and to test us to see if we are willing to choose good over evil. God is the overseer of this temporal state and it is his right and responsibility to decide when we are to come into this realm and when we are to leave it. This life is not the end all of our existence. We are eternal beings who have an eternal spirit and will be resurrected with an immortal body. Life goes on. This temporal state on earth is an infinitesimally small part of our eternal existence. It is not the reality of eternity that we all will live in forever immortally. It is a learning ground to learn how to have a body and to control it. It is a learning ground to go through difficult experiences that are not part of immortal life. God is the overseer of this mortal existence and has the right to control the outcome of this temporary state. This life is an opportunity to learn to walk by faith and to learn to overcome problems. It is an opportunity to be a good being of our own volition. It is a test to see if we will be faithful in being good beings when God is not before our very eyes. It is chance for us to exercise our free will to choose good over evil. It is only a temporary state of being in which God does have the power and authority to give life and take it. You cannot kill and immortal and eternal being. The commandment, "Thou shalt not kill" was given for this life only to we mortals. God is the overseer of this life and is not subject to this mortal commandment that he gave to mankind but He is the one who in over this life and controls all existence within it. He is God and this temporal existence is just that, TEMPORAL. His giving and taking of life in this world is not subject to eternal law. It is his right and duty to oversee this temporal progressive mortal state of mankind that was never designed for eternal existence but only to be temporary under his direction and wisdom.

Regards
DL

The fundamental you ignore is that killing when you can just as easily cure is evil.

You also fail to see that to punish, torture and kill a child or baby because you are angry with the parents is also evil.

Your prick of a God does both.

Are you a mother and as a life giver, do you also give yourself the right to kill your creation?

Regards
DL

1. This ain't Heaven yet, and it's not eternity. God is under no obligation to cure in this life. Maybe that doesn't match your expectations, but then again, God really does not answer to you. Or me.

2. So you are pro-life then? You hate abortion too? A mother, once she has created a child for ANY reason--even if she has been violently raped--should never, ever "punish, torture, or kill a child or baby" because that would be wrong, correct?

3. I did not create my children. I could not do so even if I tried. I fell pregnant, and went about my life in the usual way while my body, coded by God the Creator, did its work. I didn't do it.

Last, if you continue to be nasty and combative, I'll put you on ignore. I almost did this time. It's not that your name-calling offends me or is anything new. It's that I'm not obligated to wade through angry trash to get to any points you're trying to make.

Why are you so angry, anyway?

Perhaps, "killing" is an illusion. 'Death' may just be a kind of phase change, where what we call life changes states like H2O does between solid, liquid and gas forms. 'God' is simply there and all exists in 'God', if 'God' exists in a way that we can call 'God'.

Forum List

Back