Is it God’s right to kill us whenever he sees fit?

Considering the universe, the immensity and complexity of what science has revealed to us, is it possible to believe in such a little concept of 'God'? 'God' has to be far beyond our capacities of understanding in order to truly be 'God'. These indications and pointers, these texts from the past, can only be feeble attempts to explain to a less informed generation than we.
'God' is practically an unusable term for us, as any name limits, and 'God' would have to be illimitable. Besides, the noun has been so misused for so long that it conjures too many charged images, too many clouded thoughts.
Better to leave 'God' alone and direct the inner self toward openness about existence. Contemplate, meditate on the personal place in being and allow whatever is there to fulfill that openness. This is freedom, this is free will, if they exist at all.

Ah. A person who can think. Nice.

What you recommend was the way of thinking before the literal reading of myths began and before Christianity and Islam became idol worshiping religions.

FTPOV, I agree that we should return to that better thinking.

Have a look at how the intelligent ancients and you thought/think and keep it up my friend.

What is God? - Video

Regards
DL

“And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.”

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/do-you-think-it-odd-that-your-god-never-acknowledges-you-is-that-rude.698104/page-17#post-20430365

SweetSue92 gave me this reply but I have hear many Christians echo this thinking which basically says that the law maker does not need to follow the law he dictates for the rest of us. I paraphrase, do as I say and not as I do.

This was in response to our chatting about the many times, as in the genocide of Noah’s day, the murder of Egypt’s first born and the 6 day torture of King David’s baby, all because God was angry with the parents. God kills us when he could just as easily cure us and picks the innocent to kill instead of the guilty.

Is do as I say and not as I do moral or immoral thinking?

Regards
DL
God gave man free will! No free will with super natural intervention! We are on our own in this life! God does not kill us nature kills us!

“And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.”

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/do-you-think-it-odd-that-your-god-never-acknowledges-you-is-that-rude.698104/page-17#post-20430365

SweetSue92 gave me this reply but I have hear many Christians echo this thinking which basically says that the law maker does not need to follow the law he dictates for the rest of us. I paraphrase, do as I say and not as I do.

This was in response to our chatting about the many times, as in the genocide of Noah’s day, the murder of Egypt’s first born and the 6 day torture of King David’s baby, all because God was angry with the parents. God kills us when he could just as easily cure us and picks the innocent to kill instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL
God gave man free will! No free will with super natural intervention! We are on our own in this life! God does not kill us nature kills us!

Do you have the free will to not sin? No you do not. That is why we are all sinners.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Did nature target the first born of Egypt?
Did nature torture and kill King David's baby?
Your bible says yes, but you do not want to burst your moral dissonance and admit it.

Go put your damaged head back in the sand. Any one who has to lie as much as you do should wonder why he has to lie but you do not care about your moral soul and that is why you idol worship a genocidal son murdering prick of a God.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Acts of God. There's nothing you can do about it, so why worry unless you know.

You can judge them on their morality.

Go ahead, if you are mentally able.

Regards
DL

How am I to judge their morality? That's not my place, but Jesus, and it's already be predestined. Those not chosen will get what they deserve.

Don't you have a moral sense? Can you not tell good from evil?

Your bible says you do have a moral sense and are required to use it.

Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

I do understand that you are a sheeple but if you have to be told what is good or evil, you are barely human and must be quite retarded.

Say it isn't so.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

How am I to judge their morality? That's not my place, but Jesus, and it's already be predestined. Those not chosen will get what they deserve.

I do understand that you are a sheeple but if you have to be told what is good or evil, you are barely human and must be quite retarded.

Say it isn't so.

Regards
DL

Your question is like asking God if he's a murderer and he isn't. If you die from an act of God, then no one thinks you were murdered.

Usually, if you are killed by God, then there must've been some reason he let you get killed. We read these stories where people were evil.so God became angry, and killed them. The Bible states the immorality of people is what blinds them to the truth and accept falsehoods. We see that here on the forum.

Innocent people could die, too, such as in an accident but it just means that our time was up. If I died today in accident, then my family and friends would be sad but I would think my time was up and that I was going to a better place. The belief that this life is the true life isn't the correct one. For example, you can't take anything with you after you die. The time we have on earth is brief compared to eternity in the second life. God probably has other plans if you're a believer and die.

This life is a probationary mortal state. It is not the eternal state that the soul of mankind will dwell in forever. It is a temporary state that is made and controlled by God to give us learning and understanding and to test us to see if we are willing to choose good over evil. God is the overseer of this temporal state and it is his right and responsibility to decide when we are to come into this realm and when we are to leave it. This life is not the end all of our existence. We are eternal beings who have an eternal spirit and will be resurrected with an immortal body. Life goes on. This temporal state on earth is an infinitesimally small part of our eternal existence. It is not the reality of eternity that we all will live in forever immortally. It is a learning ground to learn how to have a body and to control it. It is a learning ground to go through difficult experiences that are not part of immortal life. God is the overseer of this mortal existence and has the right to control the outcome of this temporary state. This life is an opportunity to learn to walk by faith and to learn to overcome problems. It is an opportunity to be a good being of our own volition. It is a test to see if we will be faithful in being good beings when God is not before our very eyes. It is chance for us to exercise our free will to choose good over evil. It is only a temporary state of being in which God does have the power and authority to give life and take it. You cannot kill and immortal and eternal being. The commandment, "Thou shalt not kill" was given for this life only to we mortals. God is the overseer of this life and is not subject to this mortal commandment that he gave to mankind but He is the one who in over this life and controls all existence within it. He is God and this temporal existence is just that, TEMPORAL. His giving and taking of life in this world is not subject to eternal law. It is his right and duty to oversee this temporal progressive mortal state of mankind that was never designed for eternal existence but only to be temporary under his direction and wisdom.

Sounds like a load of crap but I will give you a chance to maker your case.

If God is controlling things to test us, tell us what he is testing with the abominations he created in this link and tell us your thought on both victims, mother and child.

Regards
DL

Before we were ever born into this life we lived as the spirit children of God.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

This is why God spoke to Jeremiah saying,

Jeremiah 1:5
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Our immortal spirits will eventually take part in the resurrection and we will all receive a perfect body of flesh and bones that will be as immortal as the spirit it will house. We will all then live in immortality with a perfect body that has no defects. You see, the painter is not finished with his work. The creator has not completed his plan of creation. It is only in the process so that we can learn from adversity. As I stated before this life is for us to gain knowledge and wisdom through hardship, suffering, pain, anguish, joy, love etc. etc. Most all the hardships we face in this life are temporary and will not go on forever. Many of the things we experience in this life are for our profit and learning.

Doctrine and Covenants 122:5-9
5 If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;
6 If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb;
7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?
9 Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.

It may be the lot of some to experience in this mortal realm the troubles and pains of deformity. But if it is born well, the Lord God will bless them for all eternity. And when they come forth in the resurrection, they will be made whole.

If all you are going to do is lie about a supernatural realm that you cannot possibly know, then go away and take your fantasy that allows you to adore a genocidal son murdering prick of a God with you.

Regards
DL

I am not the one who is lying. But if you are going to respond this way after asking me to respond to your post, then I will resolve this by placing you on the ignore list and make you go away as well.

Regards
DL
Your premise is flawed. Do you believe God is pulling the strings?

Regards
DL

Say it isn't so.

Regards
DL

Your question is like asking God if he's a murderer and he isn't. If you die from an act of God, then no one thinks you were murdered.

Usually, if you are killed by God, then there must've been some reason he let you get killed. We read these stories where people were evil.so God became angry, and killed them. The Bible states the immorality of people is what blinds them to the truth and accept falsehoods. We see that here on the forum.

Innocent people could die, too, such as in an accident but it just means that our time was up. If I died today in accident, then my family and friends would be sad but I would think my time was up and that I was going to a better place. The belief that this life is the true life isn't the correct one. For example, you can't take anything with you after you die. The time we have on earth is brief compared to eternity in the second life. God probably has other plans if you're a believer and die.

We are talking of when God id shown to kill and murder. Not accidents.

Deflection and dishonesty noted.

Regards
DL

This life is a probationary mortal state. It is not the eternal state that the soul of mankind will dwell in forever. It is a temporary state that is made and controlled by God to give us learning and understanding and to test us to see if we are willing to choose good over evil. God is the overseer of this temporal state and it is his right and responsibility to decide when we are to come into this realm and when we are to leave it. This life is not the end all of our existence. We are eternal beings who have an eternal spirit and will be resurrected with an immortal body. Life goes on. This temporal state on earth is an infinitesimally small part of our eternal existence. It is not the reality of eternity that we all will live in forever immortally. It is a learning ground to learn how to have a body and to control it. It is a learning ground to go through difficult experiences that are not part of immortal life. God is the overseer of this mortal existence and has the right to control the outcome of this temporary state. This life is an opportunity to learn to walk by faith and to learn to overcome problems. It is an opportunity to be a good being of our own volition. It is a test to see if we will be faithful in being good beings when God is not before our very eyes. It is chance for us to exercise our free will to choose good over evil. It is only a temporary state of being in which God does have the power and authority to give life and take it. You cannot kill and immortal and eternal being. The commandment, "Thou shalt not kill" was given for this life only to we mortals. God is the overseer of this life and is not subject to this mortal commandment that he gave to mankind but He is the one who in over this life and controls all existence within it. He is God and this temporal existence is just that, TEMPORAL. His giving and taking of life in this world is not subject to eternal law. It is his right and duty to oversee this temporal progressive mortal state of mankind that was never designed for eternal existence but only to be temporary under his direction and wisdom.

Sounds like a load of crap but I will give you a chance to maker your case.

If God is controlling things to test us, tell us what he is testing with the abominations he created in this link and tell us your thought on both victims, mother and child.

Regards
DL

Before we were ever born into this life we lived as the spirit children of God.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

This is why God spoke to Jeremiah saying,

Jeremiah 1:5
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Our immortal spirits will eventually take part in the resurrection and we will all receive a perfect body of flesh and bones that will be as immortal as the spirit it will house. We will all then live in immortality with a perfect body that has no defects. You see, the painter is not finished with his work. The creator has not completed his plan of creation. It is only in the process so that we can learn from adversity. As I stated before this life is for us to gain knowledge and wisdom through hardship, suffering, pain, anguish, joy, love etc. etc. Most all the hardships we face in this life are temporary and will not go on forever. Many of the things we experience in this life are for our profit and learning.

Doctrine and Covenants 122:5-9
5 If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;
6 If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb;
7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?
9 Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.

It may be the lot of some to experience in this mortal realm the troubles and pains of deformity. But if it is born well, the Lord God will bless them for all eternity. And when they come forth in the resurrection, they will be made whole.

If all you are going to do is lie about a supernatural realm that you cannot possibly know, then go away and take your fantasy that allows you to adore a genocidal son murdering prick of a God with you.

Regards
DL

I am not the one who is lying. But if you are going to respond this way after asking me to respond to your post, then I will resolve this by placing you on the ignore list and make you go away as well.

Yes you are lying.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Show the flaw.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Say it isn't so.

Regards
DL

We are talking of when God id shown to kill and murder. Not accidents.

Deflection and dishonesty noted.

Regards
DL

Again, God kills, but does not murder. Most believers know and understand this. Non-believers won't because they don't believe in God. It either didn't happen or was a tragedy.

Regards
DL

Show the flaw.

Regards
DL
The flaw is that God doesn't pull any strings in this world. We control our own destiny. It's called free will. He let's us reap what we sow.

Regards
DL

Show the flaw.

Regards
DL
The flaw is that God doesn't pull any strings in this world. We control our own destiny. It's called free will. He let's us reap what we sow.
So what did deformed and retarded babies sow?

Regards
DL

Show the flaw.

Regards
DL
So what did deformed and retarded babies sow?
I'll create an OP to address your question so you won't be able to pretend your question hasn't been answered dozens of times.

the desert religions have murdered in the past, the present and will do so in the future for their false religions. they, not the Almighty are responsible for the turmoil they constantly create and who prevent the remedies that would be a solution for everyone from being implemented. murdered or killed they were the recipients at the time of Noah deservedly so and for the christians made their comeback in the 4th century as well the other two over time.

Forum List

Back