Is he right?

t_samford

TSamford
Nov 3, 2008
Tell me how you think obama is doing so far. I understand he has not been in for long but how is he doing so far?

Tell me how you think obama is doing so far. I understand he has not been in for long but how is he doing so far?

He's not 'in' yet. He's said some things he shouldn't have, in my opinion. That is all.

Today he's meeting at WH with Bush. Laura is showing Michelle around the living quarters. It would have been nice for them to have had the same courtesy, hopefully the Obama's will do it with whoever follows them.

Obama is not in at all yet. He hasn't had a chance to do anything. Still, the lunatic fringe is starting to blame him for what he can't possibly be responsible for. Take this outrageous statement, for example:

The Obama recession is in full swing, ladies and gentlemen. Stocks are dying, which is a precursor of things to come. This is an Obama recession. Might turn into a depression. He hasn't done anything yet but his ideas are killing the economy. His ideas are killing Wall Street.

Obama recession? C'mon! It's not the Obama recession. It's not even the Bush recession, or the Clinton recession, or the recession of any other president, and certainly not the fault of the president elect.

Just how much power do people think that the president has, anyway? He can bring on a recession simply by being elected? What a farce.

Holy Crap! I mean I've seen a lot of bashing by both sides but at least let the guy get in office before we start beating on him. There will be plenty of excuses for smack talk after he assumes the office.

Obama is not in at all yet. He hasn't had a chance to do anything. Still, the lunatic fringe is starting to blame him for what he can't possibly be responsible for. Take this outrageous statement, for example:

Obama recession? C'mon! It's not the Obama recession. It's not even the Bush recession, or the Clinton recession, or the recession of any other president, and certainly not the fault of the president elect.

Just how much power do people think that the president has, anyway? He can bring on a recession simply by being elected? What a farce.

You won't see me or reasonable opposition posting such nonsense. The markets were collapsing prior to last Tuesday, which if I remember was a winning day. It's no more 'his' recession, than it was GW's. Truth is, not Presidents that control those things, on a day-to-day basis.

The Great Depression was over 70 years ago, the 'exact cause' is not known, nor will be. Problems in system were identified and controls were implemented that seemed to have worked, so far. Can there be mistakes made? Yes, which I fear too likely. However, would I assume bad intentions? No. If other ideas were suggested and ignored, then a depression hit, would that be cause for criticism? Blame? You bet. I bet GW is starting to breathe a bit. 60 days and he's out, thought the attempt to pass it back will be made, our system really does not work that way.

Ask yourself, who do you blame TODAY for the economy?

Ask yourself, who do you blame TODAY for the economy?

Good question. I think there is plenty of blame to go around.

The people who maxed out credit cards, then borrowed against their homes to pay them off, then went ahead charging and expecting the housing market to boom forever, for one.

The lenders who gave mortgages to people who couldn't afford them, and the borrowers who didn't take the time to understand what they were getting into.

The government that failed to properly regulate the big banks.

The price of oil.

Corporations that send jobs overseas.

I'm sure that the above list can be added to.

Forum List

Back