Is Fear All the GOP Has Left?

When you cut government jobs, unemployment rises. Rising unemployment means less gross receipts and even higher deficits. This all means hysteria. Hysteria feeds recessions. Worse recession means even more unemployment, hysteria, lost tax reciepts, and even higher deficits. This is basic nuts and bolts stuff. You can't freeze spending in a recession.

Oy vie. :cuckoo:

If we had rum, we could make rum and cokes, if we had coke. :razz:

Every aspect and every cost of a Government job requires private sector money. All of their money, including the taxes they pay, come from money first taken from the private sector. This is nuts and bolts stuff. Cutting government jobs saves the taxpayers money every time. (including the legit jobs the government should be doing, see: court system, military and police)

Take just one example from Dude (I think), take the Post Office (please, har har har)

Let's get rid of the USPS all together. Now, every one of those jobs need not disappear. The volume of private mail will rise significantly and lead to more hirings by UPS, FedEx, Emory Worldwide, DHS etc etc. Assets like trucks and planes can be sold as well.

Yeah yeah, I know UPS can't send a letter 5000 miles to Uncle Rupert in Alaska for 40some cents but here is a newsflash for ya, neither can the Post Office which is partly why they are 7 billion dollars in debt for the year 2008. (that's million with a "b")

So you're putting money in one pocket and taking it out of another on the same pair of jeans. Lets say we obliterate the USPS and let the private sector take over. Taxes go down, for the sake of argument each person saves $26 a year (you're $8B figure / 3M Americans - I know it's more complicated than that but work with me.) The people taking over will be A.) Less efficient and B.) Operated for-profit. One way or another, you are going to lose more than that $26. In my case, I'll lose it directly because I'm a business owner; I mail hundreds of checks a year and have hundreds mailed to me. If you are a consumer of my product who doesn't do a whole lot of mailing, you'll lose it in my increased prices to offset this phenomenon. Do you see where I'm going here? I've said it hundreds of times; The post office makes an easy target for conservatives. It is a service. It doesn't have to make a profit. There's no sense in going into why it's no longer profitable as I'm sure you all know, but do you understand my point at all?

Here is what this one independent doesn't like.

Harry Truman said "The buck stops here". It's called ownership, the current crop accepted the job with claims of fixing the problems yet all I've heard from the Dems the whole time is the buck stops with Bush and the Repubs.
I want to hear "the buck stops here" without the caveats, which means they take ownership of the issues and work to actually fix them.
:clap2:

Gubmint bureaucracy...."efficient" .....BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rofl:

Dude, change back to your Jeff Bridges avatar. Ever since you changed, you're acting more and more like a troll.

Are you now going to tell me that the private sector can and will maintain a presence at every address in the country, every day? That any private company is going to deliver mail as efficiently as the post office, at any price, let alone a competitive one?

Ridiculous.

The private sector could deliver your important correspondence whenever you wanted it, and they'd probably screen out all the worthless junk mail that the USPS is bound by law to deliver.

Besides that, price point is not always the most important factor to every customer, contrary to leftist lackey myth.

But that bit about the Post Office bureaucracy and efficiency....That one is a real knee-slapper! :lol::lol::lol:

Dude, change back to your Jeff Bridges avatar. Ever since you changed, you're acting more and more like a troll.

Are you now going to tell me that the private sector can and will maintain a presence at every address in the country, every day? That any private company is going to deliver mail as efficiently as the post office, at any price, let alone a competitive one?

Ridiculous.

You idiot...UPS does it dailey...

When you cut government jobs, unemployment rises. Rising unemployment means less gross receipts and even higher deficits. This all means hysteria. Hysteria feeds recessions. Worse recession means even more unemployment, hysteria, lost tax reciepts, and even higher deficits. This is basic nuts and bolts stuff. You can't freeze spending in a recession.

Oy vie. :cuckoo:

If we had rum, we could make rum and cokes, if we had coke. :razz:

Every aspect and every cost of a Government job requires private sector money. All of their money, including the taxes they pay, come from money first taken from the private sector. This is nuts and bolts stuff. Cutting government jobs saves the taxpayers money every time. (including the legit jobs the government should be doing, see: court system, military and police)

Take just one example from Dude (I think), take the Post Office (please, har har har)

Let's get rid of the USPS all together. Now, every one of those jobs need not disappear. The volume of private mail will rise significantly and lead to more hirings by UPS, FedEx, Emory Worldwide, DHS etc etc. Assets like trucks and planes can be sold as well.

Yeah yeah, I know UPS can't send a letter 5000 miles to Uncle Rupert in Alaska for 40some cents but here is a newsflash for ya, neither can the Post Office which is partly why they are 7 billion dollars in debt for the year 2008. (that's million with a "b")

So you're putting money in one pocket and taking it out of another on the same pair of jeans. Lets say we obliterate the USPS and let the private sector take over. Taxes go down, for the sake of argument each person saves $26 a year (you're $8B figure / 3M Americans - I know it's more complicated than that but work with me.) The people taking over will be A.) Less efficient and B.) Operated for-profit. One way or another, you are going to lose more than that $26. In my case, I'll lose it directly because I'm a business owner; I mail hundreds of checks a year and have hundreds mailed to me. If you are a consumer of my product who doesn't do a whole lot of mailing, you'll lose it in my increased prices to offset this phenomenon. Do you see where I'm going here? I've said it hundreds of times; The post office makes an easy target for conservatives. It is a service. It doesn't have to make a profit. There's no sense in going into why it's no longer profitable as I'm sure you all know, but do you understand my point at all?

It's a service industry. An industry heavily regulated by the government in order to keep the Post office competative. A de-facto psudo-monopoly. The USPS only looks competative by market manipulation. You don't see the real cost (btw 7 billion was the deficit not the budget) because the real cost are hidden. And you still get better service in the private sector versus the public sector despite the States built in advantages.

And that's just one example of the many named by the dudemister. It's time to get creative in cutting spending (yup, including military spending) and the first place to look are places the government has no business being in the first place. (according to the Constitution) That means admitting we lost the war on drugs we lost the war on poverty and we are getting creamed in the war for more red tape.

Let's see what heath care in Europe cost when we no longer subsidize their defense. (of coarse they can keep the benifit of US medical technology and advances in procedures and new drugs)

Ridiculous.

UPS does not deliver mail to every residence and business in the country, every day, you fucking jackass. They don't now, and the couldn't even if they wanted to, let alone for $0.44 a letter.

God why are the stupidest people always so sure of themselves?

Ridiculous.

UPS does not deliver mail to every residence and business in the country, every day, you fucking jackass. They don't now, and the couldn't even if they wanted to, let alone for $0.44 a letter.

Neither does the USPS you fucking retard!!!!

Get used to the fact that the USPS's days are numbered....they are LOSING MONEY and UPS is making money...try again.

Exactly!!!!! You are quite sure your correct and you are quite stupid!!! :lol:

Get used to the fact that the USPS's days are numbered....they are LOSING MONEY and UPS is making money...try again.

durr duh durr durr. Go away retard.

Not every address and every business needs courier service every single day.

I'd be happy to have a lot less junk mail in my box and only got my bills and correspondence I asked for.

What makes your price point and daily delivery criteria absolutely positively THE most important, over and above what others may or may not want?

Great debating skills Corkey.

According to those talking heads in the video, they say that the RNC can't get the middle with these tactics? Really? Then how did they win recently in Massachusetts and New Jersey?

They also said the republicans don't have any ideas. Tort reform and competition across state lines between insurance companies aren't ideas?

Are these people serious?

Er...he's right. The post office doesn't move mail on Sundays.

And some rural routes are even less frequent.

Ridiculous.

I give you Patek's very first response to me on the subject. I love it. Jumps in in the middle of the conversation, calls the stupid liberal an "idiot," then in the same breath claims that UPS stops at every address every day. Later, dumbshit says the USPS does not stop at every address every day, and calls me stupid again. Then the asshole negs me, probably because he feels so stupid he has no other way to respond but to punish the person who pointed out how stupid he is. Somehow, in his tiny pea sized brain, he thinks that by negging me he has made himself less stupid. Not the case.

All the while, the man has missed my point entirely, learned nothing, and has probably moved on to trolling another thread. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the modern dopey conservative.

Not every address and every business needs courier service every single day.

I'd be happy to have a lot less junk mail in my box and only got my bills and correspondence I asked for.

What makes your price point and daily delivery criteria absolutely positively THE most important, over and above what others may or may not want?

the USPS is an important part of our infrastructure in the US. that includes the junk mail that we receive. these are companies trying to solicit business from their community. the USPS facilitates that, whether or not some internet guy, 'dude' likes the idea. UPS cant hang with that, moreover at a reasonable price.

postal service cant be (effectively) privatized because it is not profitable per sa, while it facilitates hundreds of billions in private profits. like a road. in countries where theyve tried, the pursuit of profitability has compromised service, or the obligation of service to a standard has imperiled the private contractor's solvency, and the government has bailed them out.

the USPS is an important part of our infrastructure in the US. that includes the junk mail that we receive. these are companies trying to solicit business from their community.

Yes, the US infrastucture would simply fall to pieces if we didn't receive 2 Pizzas For The Price of One offers from Domino's using publically subsidized USPS advertizing services.

These are the things we Stormed the Beaches of Normandy to Preserve.

the USPS is an important part of our infrastructure in the US. that includes the junk mail that we receive. these are companies trying to solicit business from their community.

Yes, the US infrastucture would simply fall to pieces if we didn't receive 2 Pizzas For The Price of One offers from Domino's using publically subsidized USPS advertizing services.

[youtube]PmeEfgP82Hc[/youtube]​

is that supposed to be funny?

Forum List

Back