Is Fear All the GOP Has Left?

So please enlighten me. Where should we begin cutting? I mean real cutting, don't talk about some piss-ant project you want to do away with that costs each of us a dollar a year. I mean the real deal. #1 question: Where are you on the Pentagon?

Close all the bases in Germany, Japan, Great Britain and South Korea, for starters.

The we can outright abolish the Departments of Edumacation, Commerce, Energy, HHS & DHS.

Then, either abolish outright or privatize the FDA, DEA, BATF, ONDCP, TSA, FAA, USPS, CPB & NPR...Again, for starters.

Marc, they won't answer. If they do, it will be a jingoistic answer about the supporting the troops or defending freedom, or our childrens' future.

$782 BILLION last year, about $2600.00 for every man, woman, and child in the country, and the largest line item by far in the budget. Where are we on this, gentlemen?

Marc, they won't answer. If they do, it will be a jingoistic answer about the supporting the troops or defending freedom, or our childrens' future.

$782 BILLION last year, about $2600.00 for every man, woman, and child in the country, and the largest line item by far in the budget. Where are we on this, gentlemen?
I just did respond with a pretty good list, dickweed.

'zat all you got?

Marc is only 15 years old :eusa_whistle:

Marc is only 15 years old :eusa_whistle:

What's that got to do with anything? He didn't even say anything, he just noticed that nobody wanted to jump on that grenade so he asked the question again.

Dudeness, control yourself with the insults. I was typing mine while you were typing yours.

Close all the bases in Germany, Japan, Great Britain and South Korea, for starters.

The we can outright abolish the Departments of Edumacation, Commerce, Energy, HHS & DHS.

Then, either abolish outright or privatize the FDA, DEA, BATF, ONDCP, TSA, FAA, USPS, CPB & NPR...Again, for starters.

Closing bases I'm on board. DEA I'm on board. Privatizing USPS will raise prices, cut services, in all likelyhood both. Privatizing the others except maybe NPR is silly, I don't even see how you'd enact something like that.

But the point is that even if we sacrificed all those things as you suggest, you are only scratching the surface.

Dudeness, control yourself with the insults. I was typing mine while you were typing yours.

Closing bases I'm on board. DEA I'm on board. Privatizing USPS will raise prices, cut services, in all likelyhood both. Privatizing the others except maybe NPR is silly, I don't even see how you'd enact something like that.

But the point is that even if we sacrificed all those things as you suggest, you are only scratching the surface.
See what I mean folx?

Democrat loons ask for a list, then poo-poo when they get one.

Who is now that has no spine?...No boldness?

See what I mean folx?

I'm sorry, you give me little to work with.

Privatizing USPS will raise prices, cut services, in all likelyhood both

Who the fuck uses the mail anymore anyway.... waste of time and money. SHut that fucker down, tell the deadbeats that work there to fuck off and take their pension monies and pump it into SSI.

Who the fuck uses the mail anymore anyway.... waste of time and money. SHut that fucker down, tell the deadbeats that work there to fuck off and take their pension monies and pump it into SSI.

Besides every single living American? Nobody.

And if it's one thing that federal bureaucracy is known for it's low prices and great customer service! :rofl:

See what I mean folx?

I'm sorry, you give me little to work with.

You're sorry alright.....Apology accepted.

The sad thing is, I have to agree with you. Indies fail to realize that with the state of affairs when Obama took office, deficit spending was necessary, unavoidable, inevitable.

No, it wasn't.

No matter who won, they'd be running record deficits right now. There is no way around it, except to substantially cut military spending which no politician would dare propose, lest they be labelled an America-hating possible terrorist.

That's not true either. Every single thing the government spends money on could have been cut back across the board: the military, Social Security, Medicare, welfare, farm subsidies, foreign aid, etc.

A Balanced budget was not an option.

You mean not an option they wanted to take.

The sad thing is, I have to agree with you. Indies fail to realize that with the state of affairs when Obama took office, deficit spending was necessary, unavoidable, inevitable.

No, it wasn't.

No matter who won, they'd be running record deficits right now. There is no way around it, except to substantially cut military spending which no politician would dare propose, lest they be labelled an America-hating possible terrorist.

That's not true either. Every single thing the government spends money on could have been cut back across the board: the military, Social Security, Medicare, welfare, farm subsidies, foreign aid, etc.

A Balanced budget was not an option.

You mean not an option they wanted to take.

When you cut government jobs, unemployment rises. Rising unemployment means less gross receipts and even higher deficits. This all means hysteria. Hysteria feeds recessions. Worse recession means even more unemployment, hysteria, lost tax reciepts, and even higher deficits. This is basic nuts and bolts stuff. You can't freeze spending in a recession.

FYI I don't know if you are affiliated or not, but that is the old Democratic manifesto, that balancing the budget is the way to go in a recession; Way old like 50 years plus. I'll look up the terminology if you like. Nobody subscribes to that anymore.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back