Iowa marching band walks off field national anthem

Iowa marching band walks off field during national anthem

(By Todd Starnes) Ames High School has the unfortunate distinction of having one of the most un-American marching bands in the nation. More than a dozen members of the band linked arms and walked off the football field Friday night during a performance of “The Star-Spangled Banner.” An untold number of other band members refused to play their instruments. It was absolutely disgraceful. Sickening. The children

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh some more ANTI AMERICAN pos losers that need sent over to N. Korea. Asses like this don't deceiver this Country.
Actually, protesting and free speech (in the form of protest) are very American. They were being very American, not anti-American. Your comment is tantamount to the 'America, love it or leave it.' taunt during the protests of the 60's and 70's. If you love America, you protest when you think it is wrong.

Actually, protesting and free speech (in the form or protest) are very American. They were being very American, not anti-American. Your comment is tantamount to the 'America, love it or leave it.' taunt during the protests of the 60's and 70's. If you love America, you protest when you think it is wrong.

Those people seem to think it's impossible to love something, yet still find awful, glaring faults with it. Kinda like what their spouses go through every day.

Actually, protesting and free speech (in the form or protest) are very American. They were being very American, not anti-American. Your comment is tantamount to the 'America, love it or leave it.' taunt during the protests of the 60's and 70's. If you love America, you protest when you think it is wrong.

Those people seem to think it's impossible to love something, yet still find awful, glaring faults with it. Kinda like what their spouses go through every day.
Let me see if I can't be just as clear as possible.

1) I recognize the concerns of police brutality.
2) I recognize the right of anybody to protest.
3) I recognize that the NFL players believe that kneeling during the Anthem is their form of protest.
4) I don't care - their protest is not resonating with their intended audience.
5) They have chosen a method of protest that obscures their message.
6) Nobdy is upset that they are protesting police brutality.
7) We only care that their method of protest insults our country, our patriots, and our country.
8) If the NFL players are serious about their protest - if they truly want to draw attention to perceived police brutality - fina another way to get their message out.
9) They have lost their audience - and, thus, any credibility to their concerns.

Can I be any clearer?

Are you serious about police brutality, or are you just interested in the division and upheaval their method of protest has created?

It's time to make a decision ....

3) I recognize that the NFL players believe that kneeling during the Anthem is their form of protest.

Not resonating, why? Because you're not receptive to it. It doesn't matter how these guys express their concerns, it's not going to resonate with you because of your inherent bias that you need to overcome. It doesn't matter if these guys protest on the internet, in person, on the street, or on the field...it's not the way they protest that you're not resonating, but what they are actually protesting. You make it sound like if these guys chose another means by which to convey their message, you'd be receptive to it and I say that's a crock of shit because it doesn't matter how these guys protest, you're not going to receive it anyway. You literally invented a standard on the spot when Kaep first started doing this because you didn't want to hear the message at all. So you guys dreamed up standard after standard, moving the goalposts as you did, just to create some artificial standard you use as an excuse to not receive the message being conveyed. It's not about patriotism and it never was; you sought to make it about patriotism becuase you think you have legs to stand on if that's what the debate is about. Well guess what? YOU DON'T. Your invented standard is fascism. Protest is patriotic, conformity isn't.

And maybe you're not the one they're trying to reach. Did you even consider that? That you're not the most important thing in the world and they're not trying to reach you? I don't believe they would want to even reach someone so far gone anyway. Since you're going to these lengths, it doesn't seem like there exists an achievable standard by which these guys protesting makes you comfortable. So there's that bullshit unearned entitlement thing coming through. The "entitlement" you think you're owed while watching football to not have political messages reach you. That's not an earned entitlement...that's just you not wanting to be discomforted.

7) We only care that their method of protest insults our country, our patriots, and our country.

Bullshit. You mean to tell me that seeing players kneel throws you into such hysterics that you cannot have a conversation about why they're kneeling. Try again. That's no excuse. And since when did standing for the anthem become the definition of patriotism? Since Kaepernick only started kneeling. That standard didn't exist before. It's entirely new as of 2016 and was only dreamed up by Conservatives too scared to receive the message. So what would be an acceptable form of protest that preserves your delicate and fragile sensibilities? Should they march through the streets with tiki torches, chanting "Jews will not replace us" and "Blood and soil", throwing Seig Heils, and waving Nazi flags for you to be comfortable with their style of protest?

8) If the NFL players are serious about their protest - if they truly want to draw attention to perceived police brutality - fina another way to get their message out.
9) They have lost their audience - and, thus, any credibility to their concerns.

1. Who says you're their audience? They're not trying to reach people who've already made up their mind based on their own fears and insecurities.
2. Telling black guys to "pipe down" and sit in the back of the bus doesn't mean you object to how they're protesting; it means you're a racist fuck and part of the problem.

Apparently, protesting while black is something that Conservatives have a problem with. Because you can sure as shit bet that if black people were marching through the streets, carrying torches, screaming "Jews will not replace us", and waving swastikas, Conservatives' collective heads would explode in a rage mushroom cloud of unearned white entitlement and resentment. Just sayin'.

Can I be any clearer?
Are you serious about police brutality, or are you just interested in the division and upheaval their method of protest has created?

You're the ones who said their method of protest upsets your delicate, sensitive egos. Maybe you should get the fuck over yourself. Why is that not an option?

Not resonating, why? Because you're not receptive to it. It doesn't matter how these guys express their concerns, it's not going to resonate with you because of your inherent bias that you need to overcome. It doesn't matter if these guys protest on the internet, in person, on the street, or on the field...it's not the way they protest that you're not resonating, but what they are actually protesting. You make it sound like if these guys chose another means by which to convey their message, you'd be receptive to it and I say that's a crock of shit because it doesn't matter how these guys protest, you're not going to receive it anyway. You literally invented a standard on the spot when Kaep first started doing this because you didn't want to hear the message at all. So you guys dreamed up standard after standard, moving the goalposts as you did, just to create some artificial standard you use as an excuse to not receive the message being conveyed. It's not about patriotism and it never was; you sought to make it about patriotism becuase you think you have legs to stand on if that's what the debate is about. Well guess what? YOU DON'T. Your invented standard is fascism. Protest is patriotic, conformity isn't.

And maybe you're not the one they're trying to reach. Did you even consider that? That you're not the most important thing in the world and they're not trying to reach you? I don't believe they would want to even reach someone so far gone anyway. Since you're going to these lengths, it doesn't seem like there exists an achievable standard by which these guys protesting makes you comfortable. So there's that bullshit unearned entitlement thing coming through. The "entitlement" you think you're owed while watching football to not have political messages reach you. That's not an earned entitlement...that's just you not wanting to be discomforted.

Bullshit. You mean to tell me that seeing players kneel throws you into such hysterics that you cannot have a conversation about why they're kneeling. Try again. That's no excuse. And since when did standing for the anthem become the definition of patriotism? Since Kaepernick only started kneeling. That standard didn't exist before. It's entirely new as of 2016 and was only dreamed up by Conservatives too scared to receive the message. So what would be an acceptable form of protest that preserves your delicate and fragile sensibilities? Should they march through the streets with tiki torches, chanting "Jews will not replace us" and "Blood and soil", throwing Seig Heils, and waving Nazi flags for you to be comfortable with their style of protest?

1. Who says you're their audience? They're not trying to reach people who've already made up their mind based on their own fears and insecurities.
2. Telling black guys to "pipe down" and sit in the back of the bus doesn't mean you object to how they're protesting; it means you're a racist fuck and part of the problem.

Apparently, protesting while black is something that Conservatives have a problem with. Because you can sure as shit bet that if black people were marching through the streets, carrying torches, screaming "Jews will not replace us", and waving swastikas, Conservatives' collective heads would explode in a rage mushroom cloud of unearned white entitlement and resentment. Just sayin'.

Can I be any clearer?

You're the ones who said their method of protest upsets your delicate, sensitive egos. Maybe you should get the fuck over yourself. Why is that not an option?

Let me repeat it real slow .... cuz you seem to be REAL slow.

I ...don't ...care ...what ...they ...want ...to ...protest. Don't ...do... it ...during ...the ...National ...Anthem.

No cause, no matter how valid, justifies disrespect of my country, my flag, and our veterans.

As for your childish little rant about racism ... grow the fuck up. It IS possible to have an opinion that has nothing to do with race. You are simply intellectually lazy ... grabbing the first fruit you see, rather than involving yourself in what others are saying. You use it as a crutch, not a cause.

One more time ...

I ... am ... not ... listening.

Can I be any clearer?

I ...don't ...care ...what ...they ...want ...to ...protest. Don't ...do... it ...during ...the ...National ...Anthem.

No cause, no matter how valid, justifies disrespect of my country, my flag, and our veterans.

As for your childish little rant about racism ... grow the fuck up. It IS possible to have an opinion that has nothing to do with race. You are simply intellectually lazy ... grabbing the first fruit you see, rather than involving yourself in what others are saying. You use it as a crutch, not a cause.

One more time ...

They are not showing disrespect for anything. In fact, our soldiers fight for our freedoms, the flag and national anthem symbolize our freedoms, so you show disrespect for the soldiers, the anthem and the flag when you deny fellow citizens the right to practice those freedoms: you are the one being anti-American.

Can I be any clearer?

One more time ...

They are not showing disrespect for anything. In fact, our soldiers fight for our freedoms, the flag and national anthem symbolize our freedoms, so you show disrespect for the soldiers, the anthem and the flag when you deny fellow citizens the right to practice those freedoms: you are the one being anti-American.

You don't call it disrespect --- I do. How well is their message getting out?

Your argument?? - they call that "circular nonsense"

Why? Because you've decided it's some sacrosanct thing for the benefit of this thread and argument only.

It's your perception that it's disrespectful, and your standard is not the standard. What it's really all about is you thinking you're owed the entitlement to be comfortable. You're not. You aren't owed anything. You aren't entitled to anything, even your opinion. Which is what this really is; your opinion that the anthem is sacrosanct -an opinion you just invented on the spot to justify not receiving the message. What a fucking coward, wrapping yourself in the flag to insulate your comfort. Fucking pussy.

Sure, it's possible. But not in this case. And you think spinning what I accuse you of back to me reflects effort? It doesn't. I've called you lazy half a dozen times and now you're copying that and trying to spin it back to me, projecting that insecurity. Fuck you, you spineless coward.

And that's the problem, right there. You are choosing to be ignorant.

"...because I'm a whiny, entitled, little bitch who thinks the world owes me." - That's the rest of that thought of yours.

1. You messed up my quote there. I didn't ask about who he defined as Americans.2. Americans are a group. That group exists. What are we going to call it? Anything we call it becomes a "label". The Kneelers have expressed enmity with that group. Your pretend confusion about language is just a dodge of that valid point. You asshole.

Americans are a group, but there are subsets of Americans as well. Part of the problem with pretending to be colorblind is that you become blind to everything. And no, you're once again trying to make Kaep's protest about something it's not about. You do that because you know you can't have a debate on the grounds of what he's protesting, that's why you have to bend and redefine parameters from post to post. So you started off by saying the protest was "Un-American" because the protest, what, lays out that despite their success, black men and women are still subject to institutional racism? How does that affect you at all by acknowledging it?

Kaepernick's statement about how his actions are aimed at the entire nation have been widely circulated.

Your claim has been repeatedly and completely refuted.

Stop wasting our time.

I'm not claiming Authority status that you should just defer to my judgement. I've repeatedly explained my reasoning for my conclusion, and you have not been able to refute it at all. But the fact remains, Kaepernick has clearly stated that he does not stand because he considers American an "oppressive" place.

But that's exactly what you're doing when you apply the invented personal standard for anthem protests. It is an oppressive place, and that bears out in the arrest stats that show black people are arrested at a far higher rate than white people for the same crimes. The problem is that there are no stats to prove that black people aren't disproportionately targeted by police, but plenty evidence exists to support that they are.[/QUOTE]

Presenting a conclusion with an explanation and being prepared to discuss it, is the opposite of claiming to be an Authority and expecting you to defer to my pronouncement.

As all you have been about to offer in attempts to refute my conclusion, is already refuted lies and empty denials, not to mention personal attacks,

you lose, and you know it.

Your refusal to admit it just compounds you already established dishonesty.

Not that it is a good place with a problem with police brutality, but that that nation as a whole is oppressive.

And you don't think the nation is oppressive? Really?[/QUOTE]

That's an issue for another day. But the point it that Keapernick thinks that Americans as a whole are oppessers and he refuses to show any "pride" or loyalty to them, and has instead expressed strong negative feelings toward his nation and thus his fellow citizens.

imo, should strong negative feelings should be returned.

It's kind of pathetic to look up to someone who looks down on you.

That shows that his actions ARE against the nation as a whole, not a specific issue.

So you gotta do some rhetorical stretching to go from "protesting police brutality" to "protesting this country in general". No, the actions of police are not representative of the actions of the country as a whole, and if they were, then it only goes to prove Kaep's point![/QUOTE]

NOpe. Just have to listen to what Kapernick said, and note that he refused to show "pride" in the nation as a whole, and disrespected the symbol of the nation as whole.

If they were raising some Police Flag, and he did this, your point would be a good point.

But they weren't.

Why? Because you've decided it's some sacrosanct thing for the benefit of this thread and argument only.

It's your perception that it's disrespectful, and your standard is not the standard. What it's really all about is you thinking you're owed the entitlement to be comfortable. You're not. You aren't owed anything. You aren't entitled to anything, even your opinion. Which is what this really is; your opinion that the anthem is sacrosanct -an opinion you just invented on the spot to justify not receiving the message. What a fucking coward, wrapping yourself in the flag to insulate your comfort. Fucking pussy.

Sure, it's possible. But not in this case. And you think spinning what I accuse you of back to me reflects effort? It doesn't. I've called you lazy half a dozen times and now you're copying that and trying to spin it back to me, projecting that insecurity. Fuck you, you spineless coward.

And that's the problem, right there. You are choosing to be ignorant.
Look, dumbass ... I'll say it one more time.

They are supposedly trying to make everybody else aware of a problem.

THEY ARE FAILING! Change the fucking media.

If they choose not to change the methodology, then it's on them ... the consequences will be their fault. You can whine and bitch and attack until the moon rises ... and it changes NOTHING. Change the media .... people aren't hearing you.

You want to just holler and yell about all this bullshit ... and it changes NOTHING.

"...because I'm a whiny, entitled, little bitch who thinks the world owes me." - That's the rest of that thought of yours.
No, you missed the part about the "left is too fucking stupid to realize they are doing great harm to their cause"

Good!
More of this will happen.
And it should.
It's not about what you whiner liars think it is.
The more you lie and say it's TO disrespect the flag, the more it will happen.
As if the flag is all-important anyway.
This is good news.

You think it is good news that kids should celebrate their racism by refusing to participate in a ceremony geared towards showing respect for our democratic institutions?

I suppose if you support the destruction of our way of life to be replaced by an authoritarian state predicated by black supremacy that would make sense, but it doesn't otherwise. Black Lives Matter is all about removing any semblance of personal responsibility from the black community and fostering the notion that blacks should be unique in their ability to indulge in criminal acts without any repercussions.

Yes, by all means let's celebrate blacks frying cops like bacon and fantastically wealthy athletes calling the employers who made them so "slave owners".

Kaepernick's statement about how his actions are aimed at the entire nation have been widely circulated.

So why are you refusing to receive the message? Because you're pretending the means by which he conveys it offends your delicate, fragile, unstable sensitivities. That's it. So you are using an excuse (a weak one at that) It's all about your unearned entitlement to not be discomforted. Watching Kaep protest literally does not affect you at all, yet you're taking offense at it (or are pretending to take offense at it, I still don't believe you are genuine) as if it does. That's because you want to undermine his message by attacking the means by which the message is conveyed. That's a whiny little bitch move, there.

Let's also not forget that you completely invented a standard for the anthem on the spot for the benefit of this thread only. Prior to Kaep kneeling, the anthem wasn't sacrosanct. It only became that way because you draped yourself in phony, faux patriotism as an excuse to avoid the message. What a fucking pussy.

Presenting a conclusion with an explanation and being prepared to discuss it, is the opposite of claiming to be an Authority and expecting you to defer to my pronouncement..

Which is exactly what you're doing when you drape yourself in phony and disingenuous "patriotic outrage" over kneeling. You are saying that the mere action of Kaep kneeling sends you, Correll, into such dizzying hysterics that you cannot even have a conversation as to why he's kneeling because your delicate, fragile sensitivities are just too unstable and too easily upset. And if you're that fragile and emotional a person, why the fuck should anything you say be taken seriously? Why do you have any credibility or authority? Is that why you have to make up those things; why you lie about yourself and your credentials and experience by way of anecdotes so easily and readily? Because you overreact to things...that's what you're saying. We know now what it is that so easily sets you off and makes you unstable; black athletes kneeling. Most people have stronger constitutions than that, but you don't. How come?

As all you have been about to offer in attempts to refute my conclusion, is already refuted lies and empty denials, not to mention personal attacks,ou lose, and you know it.Your refusal to admit it just compounds you already established dishonesty.

Your conclusion is that kneeling for the anthem is un-patriotic and you base that conclusion on a reaction to seeing players kneeling. A reaction that is so visceral and emotional for you that you cannot even have a conversation as to why they're kneeling; you're just so greatly offended by kneeling and are using that personal offense as a way to escape the tough conversations you know you'll have. What a fucking coward. So much for "rugged individualism"...these Conservatives are sent into hysterics by the mere action of a black guy kneeling. Most people have the stomach to overcome that, but I guess you're not most people. You're a special case of someone who needs to have their sensitivities always taken into account, lest you see something that upsets you so much that you have to drape yourself in phony patriotism just to avoid it.

What a fucking coward. How disappointing.

ME: And you don't think the nation is oppressive? Really?
YOU: That's an issue for another day.

NO! It's specifically the issue we're trying to discuss that you want to avoid. For obvious reasons; you know you can't win that argument...which is why you want to make it about everything other than what it is about. So you drape yourself in faux patriotism so you have something to stand on in a debate where you have nothing...where you're only asked to listen. You can't even listen because seeing someone kneel sends your mind into a tailspin. You are saying you're too sensitive to see players kneel. Well, someone that sensitive is also wildly insecure. So it's not Kaep that's unpatriotic...it's you. And because you're so unpatriotic, you have to drag everyone else down to your level. What a fucking coward.

But the point it that Keapernick thinks that Americans as a whole are oppessers

Noope. Not what he said. Now you are resorting to having to distort his message because you can't deabte it on honest grounds. That's becuase you're a shit person whose parents did a shit job raising you. Look at all your bullshit unearned entitlement. Whining about how someone kneeling makes you so unglued you can't even have a conversation. What a fucking baby.

NOpe. Just have to listen to what Kapernick said

What did he say, specifically, then? Post the whole quote, not a segment of it as you normally would do.

No, you missed the part about the "left is too fucking stupid to realize they are doing great harm to their cause"

See, now it makes me think that what he's doing is working because it's bringing out the worst side of people like you. I bet you think rape victims are to blame for being raped too, right?

You think it is good news that kids should celebrate their racism by refusing to participate in a ceremony geared towards showing respect for our democratic institutions?.

LOL! One of our democratic institutions is the right to protest. So by denying them that right, you are the anti-American one here.

That's assuming you're even an American and not some Russian troll in St. Petersburg.

Yes, by all means let's celebrate blacks frying cops like bacon and fantastically wealthy athletes calling the employers who made them so "slave owners".

The number of police killed in the line of duty is at an all-time low. You either know this, and are lying...or you don't know this, and are ignorant.

So are you a liar or an ignoramus?

You think it is good news that kids should celebrate their racism by refusing to participate in a ceremony geared towards showing respect for our democratic institutions?.

LOL! One of our democratic institutions is the right to protest. So by denying them that right, you are the anti-American one here.

That's assuming you're even an American and not some Russian troll in St. Petersburg.

You really do need to get checked for paranoid schizophrenia, child.

They are supposedly trying to make everybody else aware of a problem.

NO! It's not making people aware of the problem, it's forcing a conversation about the problem. So you just don't get it. That's either because you're a professional propagandist, or you're just an ignoramus. Not sure which is better.

THEY ARE FAILING! Change the fucking media.If they choose not to change the methodology, then it's on them ... the consequences will be their fault. You can whine and bitch and attack until the moon rises ... and it changes NOTHING. Change the media .... people aren't hearing you.ou want to just holler and yell about all this bullshit ... and it changes NOTHING.

People are hearing him, clearly, if you're dreaming up bullshit reasons to ignore him. You also seem to be trying to convince yourself it isn't working, even though you have to come up with fake excuses as to why. What the players are doing seems to be working if people like you have to go to such ridiculous rhetorical lengths to say it isn't. I mean, you are draping yourself in the flag during a conversation about police brutality; so who's trying to avoid what?

You really do need to get checked for paranoid schizophrenia, child.

You're a dumbass and here's why:

1. You said the protests were disrespectful of our democratic institutions.
2. One of our democratic institutions is the right to protest
3. When confronted with this, the above response is all you're capable of.

So really, do society a favor and just kill yourself. It's clear you bring nothing to this world of any value, and you just suck up resources that could be used for productive people who contribute to society. The best thing you will ever do with your life is to kill yourself.

Forum List

Back