If you overturn Roe, how do you plan to enforce an abortion ban?

Prior to Roe v. Wade, as many as 5,000 American women died annually as a direct result of unsafe abortions.
Please stop spreading lies.

quote: Dr. Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of the National Abortion Rights Action League, admits his group lied about the number of women who died from illegal abortions when testifying before the Supreme Court in 1972. "We spoke of 5,000 - 10,000 deaths a year.... I confess that I knew the figures were totally false ... it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics?"

LINK

Here's another quote from the same link: By the year before the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision allowing legal abortion on demand in all fifty states, the death rate for illegal abortions had fallen to 24 in 1972 (with 25 additional deaths as a result of legal abortions). Now abortion was legal in all fifty states and back alley abortions eliminated with their alleged total of maternal deaths. In 1973 there should have been a sharp drop in abortion-related deaths if abortion advocates were right that legalizing abortion would make abortion safe.

Yet abortion-related deaths increased again with 25 deaths resulting from legal abortion in 1973, 26 in 1974 and 29 in 1975.

Yes, I see they admitted they lied. Sorry, my bad.

Since we are all talking stuff (as VP Biden would say) about Abortion, here's the question I'd like to hear the people who scream "baby killer" answer.

If you got Roe v. Wade overturned, and got a lot of states to ban abortion, however are you going to enforce this law?

Are you going to throw the women who have them in prison? give them the death penalty?

One idiot yesterday actually suggested forcible sterilization.

But this is your chance, social engineers. Tell me how your ideal society with no abortion is going to work.

Well, prior to 1973, that was the law. The Country was doing just fine as well.

um,no, not really. I'm assuming you weren't alive then, otherwise you wouldn't say anything so incredibly silly.

If you overturn Roe, how do you plan to enforce an abortion ban?

Not a prob....

"Most Americans remain opposed to overturning the controversial Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade, which 40 years ago legalized abortion at least in the first three months of pregnancy, according to a poll released Wednesday.

The poll by the Pew Research Center found that 63 percent of Americans believe that Roe v. Wade should not be completely overturned, compared to 29 percent who believe it should be. These opinions have changed little from surveys conducted in 2003 and 1992, Pew reported."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back