If you overturn Roe, how do you plan to enforce an abortion ban?

Y'all gettin' all worked up into a tizzy over nothing. You're allowing yourselves to be emotionally manipulated by both political parties.

Here's the facts: Roe v. Wade isn't going to be overturned.

In the first place, I'd like see a bill crafted in such a manner that an abortion ban would be Constitutional. That oughta make some interesting reading.

In the second place, the Democrats will not even try as a huge portion of their constituency is pro-abortion. Not only that, but they have not promised to....ever.

Thirdly, the GOP won't try to overturn it either. They had 6 years of uncontested control of the federal government, from 2000-2006, and offered up not one, single, solitary bill to address the Constitutional issues raised by the Court in RvW. Not one. Even the GOP is not stupid enough to attempt that.

So....y'all are just jousting at windmills, wasting bandwidth and gettin' all worked up over nothing.

the whole issue is a distraction, I agree.

the anti-choice stance isn't about the life of a fetus...it's about control. and every time you scratch one of the anti-choicers, they end up saying "well, they shouldn't have had sex" or their "choice" was before they 'did it'...

see the comments about 'responsibility'... it has nothing to do with 'iife' or they'd care about what happens to the life after... they don't.

I agree with most of that. I also think that there are many "conservatives" who, in their heart of hearts, are much more open to it than they let on, but just play the game because they feel ideologically obligated. Politics.

But my comments were about the way the Left deals with this issue. They've decided to play word games (an ongoing strategy for a variety of issues) rather than take the issue on directly and honestly.

Republicans are going after Planned Parenthood and every form or contraception. Where are you hearing dishonesty? They're pretty open about it and women are calling them out on it directly.

I think what is being "going after" is the public funding of a woman's choice which may go against a person's religious conviction. Kinda like we need to remove all manger scenes from government property because it might upset ONE person.

Simple really, Matt.

Basically they want to go back to the time when wealthy girls in trouble disappeared for a brief visit to their "aunt", while poor girls spawned unwanted children, or they put their lives into the hands of unlicenced abortionists.

So all These good ol boys want to return to those golden days of yore, understand?

Basically, you are right. Deal with it. You get into a mess, then deal with it. Don't get everyone involved with your mess.

how about you stay out of other people's liives?

thanks.

and, more importantly, do you really think government should be enforcing your warped morality?

Of course you mean allow women to murder their offspring. Or perhaps you can point us to an instance when a fetus in a PERSON did not result in the creation of a HUMAN child?

As to the op, the chance that abortion will be outlawed is pretty damn slim. It would require an amendment to the Constitution. I however would not mind if the law were amended to state that abortion after 16 to 20 weeks was only allowed in the case of a dire medical threat to the life of the mother.

And yes I would prefer that such a law call the doctor and the mother murderers. With appropriate sentence for the crime of murdering a child.

Y'all gettin' all worked up into a tizzy over nothing. You're allowing yourselves to be emotionally manipulated by both political parties.

Here's the facts: Roe v. Wade isn't going to be overturned.

In the first place, I'd like see a bill crafted in such a manner that an abortion ban would be Constitutional. That oughta make some interesting reading.

In the second place, the Democrats will not even try as a huge portion of their constituency is pro-abortion. Not only that, but they have not promised to....ever.

Thirdly, the GOP won't try to overturn it either. They had 6 years of uncontested control of the federal government, from 2000-2006, and offered up not one, single, solitary bill to address the Constitutional issues raised by the Court in RvW. Not one. Even the GOP is not stupid enough to attempt that.

So....y'all are just jousting at windmills, wasting bandwidth and gettin' all worked up over nothing.

The Republicans did not control the senate from 2001 till the end of 2002. Further from 2003 to 2006 the Republicans had 51 senators, hardly "absolute" control.

Since we are all talking stuff (as VP Biden would say) about Abortion, here's the question I'd like to hear the people who scream "baby killer" answer.

If you got Roe v. Wade overturned, and got a lot of states to ban abortion, however are you going to enforce this law?

Are you going to throw the women who have them in prison? give them the death penalty?

One idiot yesterday actually suggested forcible sterilization.

But this is your chance, social engineers. Tell me how your ideal society with no abortion is going to work.

Of all the things going on in the country why is the abortion issue being pushed by the liberal left? That is a better question. Are all of the liberal left nothing more then three card monte dealers. Trying to be the masters of deception? No one it going to overturn Roe vs Wade. If SCOTUS does then it will then be rightfully up to the states to decide if they even want to enforce a ban on abortion and how, it should have never been a federal issue in the first place. First it must be decided IF then the HOW but for now let's concentrate on what really is happening not some pretend issue to distract us.

You know what, guy, if anyone has used abortion to "distract", it's been the GOP.

How long has the No Abortion plank been in the GOP Platform? For 32 years now. You've been using it, good times and bad to convince religious conservatives to vote for your radical economic agendas, which has essentially included dismantling the middle class and shipping all the good manufacturing jobs to China.

The only difference is, with Limbaugh calling people "sluts" and Akin talking about "Legitimate Rape", people are actually paying attention to it. But you all can't do the sensible thing, drop it from the platform and admit that was never your intention.

So I guess I have to ask the question, maybe one I should have asked 32 years ago, when I was a lot more religious and actually fell for the gag and voted Republican.

If you guys are serious about no abortions, how ever do you plan to enforce it? Don't hide behind SCOTUS and the States, let us know what your wonderful plans are.

The Republicans did not control the senate from 2001 till the end of 2002. Further from 2003 to 2006 the Republicans had 51 senators, hardly "absolute" control.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

However...show me one bill they introduced during the time they had majorities in both Houses to overturn Roe v. Wade.

You enforce it by raiding illegal operations and throwing the people there in jail.

Easy peasey.

Oh, and if there are underage kids there, you throw whoever got them pregnant in jail, as well as whomever happened to bring them to the clinic.

And still no real answer just nonsense

Here is a list of poeople I would love to hear from on this

Crusader frank
Full auto
Freedombecki
Kosher girl

These people seem to be the biggest hypocrites on here and never ever have a real argument.

Simple really, Matt.

Basically they want to go back to the time when wealthy girls in trouble disappeared for a brief visit to their "aunt", while poor girls spawned unwanted children, or they put their lives into the hands of unlicenced abortionists.

So all These good ol boys want to return to those golden days of yore, understand?

when you take away women's right to control over their own body, you take away their economic and personal independence, as well.

and that is ultimately why 80% of anti-choice activists are men.

As usual, you don't add to the topic.

Just drop a turd and run.

Crusader frank
Full auto
Freedombecki
Kosher girl

These people seem to be the biggest hypocrites on here and never ever have a real argument.

To be fair, Avatar does occassionally assemble reasoned arguments.

Compard to Koshie, who just screams that Abortion is a conspiracy to protect men.

Since we are all talking stuff (as VP Biden would say) about Abortion, here's the question I'd like to hear the people who scream "baby killer" answer.

If you got Roe v. Wade overturned, and got a lot of states to ban abortion, however are you going to enforce this law?

Are you going to throw the women who have them in prison? give them the death penalty?

One idiot yesterday actually suggested forcible sterilization.

But this is your chance, social engineers. Tell me how your ideal society with no abortion is going to work.

Well, there Joe.

Before Roe, 45 or 46 states had laws against abortion. Roe was, after all, a challenge to the state of Texas and it's anti-abortion laws.

So, it seems they were able to do it.

What an anti-abortion bad does, it seems, is take away the rights of the health care industry to provide legal abortions.

There were always those who provided them on the side (and I suspect were often "tolerated").

Hope that helps.

Crusader frank
Full auto
Freedombecki
Kosher girl

They all present arguments all the time.

You are a liar.

I dont think there should be an outraight over turn on Roe and Wade. But I do think that the limit of abortions should be 12 weeks or younger. UNLESS the life of the mother is in danger or if the baby is going to die.. Other cases if the child was so young she did not know she was pregnant like 12 or under but even then only up to 16 weeks max..

I dont like abortions but if you out right ban them they will find away to do them like they did it back before they were legal. I just say if you had an abortion you are the one who will face your maker not mean. You reap what you sew

I'd just give it back to the states. No ban.

That's not what the Republican Party wants. They want a constitutional amendment to effectively ban all abortion.

Not really. Most Republicans don't want to touch abortion at all, except maybe to require PP to actually keep records on what they do.

But your guy is doing so terrible I can understand why you feel compelled to push this particular lie.

Ugh.

While I'm pro-choice, the lefties are often less than intellectually honest on this issue. They play their standard word games, "women's health" and "women's bodies", when they know quite well the pro-life stance is about the unborn baby. In other words, it's not about the mother, it's about the child, the one who doesn't have a "choice" in the matter. It's difficult to have an honest conversation while games are being played.

My feeling is that society needs to make tough macro decisions, and that the "safe and rare" policy should be followed. And I'd frankly love to see both ends of this argument pool their considerable energy, resources and efforts into dealing with demand and adoption.

the anti-choice stance isn't about the life of a fetus...it's about control. and every time you scratch one of the anti-choicers, they end up saying "well, they shouldn't have had sex" or their "choice" was before they 'did it'...

What's wrong with those comments? As you can probably tell from my username, I'm a guy. If I were to impregnate some chick and I were to say that I don't want to be a father, the same people who decry the above rationale as it relates to a woman will turn around and tell me how that's too bad and how I should have kept it in my pants or how I should have thought about the consequences of my actions before engaging in sex, etc. But tell a woman the same who's contemplating an abortion? Why, that's sexist!

If said rationale applies to me, why shouldn't it apply to women as well?

Because it's not about choice. It's about killing babies, so that women can continue to fuck indiscriminately, and PP can rake in $$ and continue to fund and otherwise endorse lefty campaigns.

I dont like abortions but if you out right ban them they will find away to do them like they did it back before they were legal. I just say if you had an abortion you are the one who will face your maker not mean. You reap what you sew

That sounds reasonable. I don't like them either. Even when a womans body aborts on its own, it is usually a terrible event.

Abortions happen. Naturally and man made. The world doens't end. A potential unwanted human life is prevented from being born. Where is the tragedy in that abortion event that requires so many others to stick their noses in something that does not effect them.

Some say that conception is miraculous. But how many miracles occur billions of times.

Women giving birth to an unwanted child benefits who? The child? Unloved, unwanted.
Wheres the benefit in that?

No, the miracle today is that a person will agree to raise a kid and try and make them happy healthy productive adults. That should be the business of everyone. Not worrying about the woman that finds herself in a life changing pregnancy situation and can't deal with it and aborts.

Leave her alone. Its none of your business. She feels bad enough as it is.

Gotta keep that incestuous public schools/kinsey institute/PP/CDC relationship vibrant...and they do it with dead babies.

Forum List

Back