If you overturn Roe, how do you plan to enforce an abortion ban?

I'd just give it back to the states. No ban.

that's a lie... and if something is constitutional, it has to be constitutional for all 50 states.

Umm no. First off the federal government shouldn't be invovled in the first place. And everyone is arguing back and forth but don't seem to understand nothing would be banned if it was overturned. That would be decided by the people of those states.

Of all the things going on in the country why is the abortion issue being pushed by the liberal left?

Because they will do anything possible to avoid the real issues they have no answers for. And there's no danger of Roe being overturned so why not talk about that.

I just don't want to pay for it. When more money is taken from workers to pay for the poor choices of others, it becomes our business because if affects us. I don't care what others do with their body. I don't care if others have an abortion or a dozen children, but stay out of my pocket.

Since we are all talking stuff (as VP Biden would say) about Abortion, here's the question I'd like to hear the people who scream "baby killer" answer.

If you got Roe v. Wade overturned, and got a lot of states to ban abortion, however are you going to enforce this law?

Are you going to throw the women who have them in prison? give them the death penalty?

One idiot yesterday actually suggested forcible sterilization.

But this is your chance, social engineers. Tell me how your ideal society with no abortion is going to work.

How are you guys going to regulate the gas we expel every time we breath out? Seems just as silly to me, yet it is reality.

that's a lie... and if something is constitutional, it has to be constitutional for all 50 states.

I am shocked you are this Ignorant of our Constitution. If Roe V Wade is over turned it will be on the basis that it is unconstitutional only because it violates the states rights to decide on their own. Over turning Roe V Wade does not make Abortion Unconstitutional and it does not ban it.

Once Again Jil, You are an ignorant fool.

Nothing new there.

Since we are all talking stuff (as VP Biden would say) about Abortion, here's the question I'd like to hear the people who scream "baby killer" answer.

If you got Roe v. Wade overturned, and got a lot of states to ban abortion, however are you going to enforce this law?

Are you going to throw the women who have them in prison? give them the death penalty?

But this is your chance, social engineers. Tell me how your ideal society with no abortion is going to work.

Every couple/few months, some pro-choicer saunters forth all clever-like and asks this same old question. Hell, maybe this is the second or third time YOU have asked.

I give you the same answer I always give. If abortion legislation is returned to the states, then it will work the same way it did before Roe v. Wade.

Now don't you feel stupid that never occurred to you?

Simple really, Matt.

Basically they want to go back to the time when wealthy girls in trouble disappeared for a brief visit to their "aunt", while poor girls spawned unwanted children, or they put their lives into the hands of unlicenced abortionists.

So all These good ol boys want to return to those golden days of yore, understand?

Another one who thinks he is clever.

Two thirds of all Americans oppose second trimester abortions. Does that sound like its all good ol boys to you, dumbass?

As for "unlicensed abortionists", at the time Roe v. Wade was overturned most abortions were being performed by the very same doctors who perform them today. The back alley bullshit meme is just that, bullshit. The death rate from illegal abortions was almost as low as the death rate from legal abortions.

Last edited:

If you overturn CU v FEC how do you intend depriving people of free speech?

Before Roe v. Wade, did 10,000 women a year die from illegal abortions?

In Aborting America (1979) Nathanson writes: "In NARAL we generally emphasized the drama of the individual case, not the mass statistics, but when we spoke of the latter it was always '5,000 to 10,000 deaths a year.' I confess that I knew the figures were totally false, and I suppose the others did too if they stopped to think of it. But in the 'morality' of our revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics?" (Emphasis is his.)

Ugh.

While I'm pro-choice, the lefties are often less than intellectually honest on this issue. They play their standard word games, "women's health" and "women's bodies", when they know quite well the pro-life stance is about the unborn baby. In other words, it's not about the mother, it's about the child, the one who doesn't have a "choice" in the matter. It's difficult to have an honest conversation while games are being played.

My feeling is that society needs to make tough macro decisions, and that the "safe and rare" policy should be followed. And I'd frankly love to see both ends of this argument pool their considerable energy, resources and efforts into dealing with demand and adoption.

the anti-choice stance isn't about the life of a fetus...it's about control. and every time you scratch one of the anti-choicers, they end up saying "well, they shouldn't have had sex" or their "choice" was before they 'did it'...

see the comments about 'responsibility'... it has nothing to do with 'iife' or they'd care about what happens to the life after... they don't.

You are so ate up with the propaganda, that you don't even make sense. Society does not allow women to kill their babies, because babies are protected under the Constitution. That law applies regardless of how women feel trapped by one or two children, or how much they desire not to be a mother. Or whether the child was created by rape or incest. We get along fine and everyone accepts that children have a right to exist.

Unborn babies are not protected by the Constitution, and are therefore legally subject to being killed by their mothers. If the Constitution had applied protection to unborn babies, we would not even be having this discussion.

If Roe vs Wade is overturned, abortion will still be legal until individual states or the federal government decide to make it illegal through legislative action. I seriously doubt that any state or the federal government would ban abortion altogether. Most, if not all, would ban late term abortions, partial birth abortions, sex selection abortions, etc., but not all abortions.

My concern with Roe vs Wade, was that the courts overstepped their bounds by legislating from the bench. The abortion issue should have been settled in the political arena by legislatures and governors.

The main point that all of you should consider is that morally there is no difference between killing a baby a week after it is born and killing a baby a week before it is born. Being legal does not make any action moral, and being illegal does not make any action immoral.

a woman can shove a wire hangar up her vagina all she wants, thats her choice, but as for medical doctors, abortion should not be practiced and if they preform and abortion they should be striped of there medical title, and tried for murder.

I don't know and i don't care. I just want the issue returned to the states where the constitution says it belongs.

the BS that it is a "state" issue is only to deny women access...

unless, of course, they're wealthy.

I missed this one.

You really are ignorant.

Abortion WAS legal in four or five states prior to Roe.

Get a clue.

Well, there Joe.

Before Roe, 45 or 46 states had laws against abortion. Roe was, after all, a challenge to the state of Texas and it's anti-abortion laws.

So, it seems they were able to do it.

What an anti-abortion bad does, it seems, is take away the rights of the health care industry to provide legal abortions.

There were always those who provided them on the side (and I suspect were often "tolerated").

Hope that helps.

Um, no, actually, before Roe, Abortion laws were largely ignored. I'm guessing you are young and believing whatever horsecrap you hear in Home Skule, but the fact is, women got abortions pretty easily before 1973.

The affluent were able to drive to a state where they were legal... the less affluent went to some shady character who performed back alley abortions on their kitchen tables.

Now, I usually give you a pass on your ignorance. But at least TRY to educate yourself on this subject.

Unsafe abortion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mary Calderone, former medical director of Planned Parenthood, said, in a 1970 printing of the American Journal of Public Health:

"Abortion is no longer a dangerous procedure. This applies not just to therapeutic abortions as performed in hospitals but also to so-called illegal abortions as done by physician. In 1957 there were only 260 deaths in the whole country attributed to abortions of any kind, second, and even more important, the conference [on abortion sponsored by Planned Parenthood] estimated that 90 percent of all illegal abortions are presently being done by physicians. Whatever trouble arises usually arises from self-induced abortions, which comprise approximately 8 percent, or with the very small percentage that go to some kind of non-medical abortionist. Abortion, whether therapeutic or illegal, is in the main no longer dangerous, because it is being done well by physicians."

In short, doctors and women were routinely ignoring the law long before Roe was passed. It was a large part of the reason why SCOTUS struck down

If you want a more contemporary example, in the Philippines, abortion is totally illegal except in cases where the mother's life is in danger. Despite that, it is estimated that 500-800K abortions are performed in the Philippines every year.

Abortion in the Philippines: a national secret | Reuters

Although abortion is rarely discussed publicly in the Philippines, nearly 80,000 women are treated in hospitals every year for complications from induced abortion, according to health reports.

Many are treated roughly by nurses and doctors who abhor what they have done. Painkillers are sometimes withheld. At least 800 women are estimated to die every year from complications.

"Doctors feel that women need to feel the pain so that they will remember and not do it again," said Melgar.

That must be more of that "Compassionate Conservativism" we've heard so much about.

I don't know and i don't care. I just want the issue returned to the states where the constitution says it belongs.

Ahhhh... another constitutional fetishist.

If the Founding Slave-Rapers didn't anticipate a problem, it must not have been important.

If you overturn CU v FEC how do you intend depriving people of free speech?

Oh, that's an easy one. Once the Koch Brothers or Soros break the law, you fine them, you fine the TV Station that played their dishonest ad. If they take it to court, it will be hilarious to watch 12 working people work that one out.

Wow, so in addition to being crazier than a shithouse rat, you really don't think logically, do you?

If Roe v. Wade was overturned and the issue returned to the states, then it is obvious that those who want abortion to be legal has to get the state to recognize the legality of abortion. If you live in a state where the majority is so against abortion that they will not legalize it, then you have to move if you know you might need an abortion some day.

If Roe v. Wade was overturned and the issue returned to the states, then it is obvious that those who want abortion to be legal has to get the state to recognize the legality of abortion. If you live in a state where the majority is so against abortion that they will not legalize it, then you have to move if you know you might need an abortion some day.

Oh, the "States Rights" argument. That shit's tiresome.

Why should the majority of the people in ANY state be able to tell you whether or not you can have an abortion or own a gun or have a drink?

Let's say Heller was overturned, and they left it to the states whether you could own a gun or not. Somehow, I don't think you'd find that so cool.

How about this. If you are against abortion. Don't have one.

I have heard many people give an answer to this question. One person I was debating with actually said that the police should investigate every miscarriage to ensure it wasn't an abortion. He also said that women who had abortions should be thrown in prison. I asked how he would find room for all these 'criminals' and suggested that he might need to fork out a few million to build new prisons, pay for new police officers, judges, lawyers etc to help build a case against these women.

He didn't say anything after that.

The fact is, you can't prevent abortion. At all. There is nothing anyone can do to stop it. Ban it, and it will simply go underground.

a woman can shove a wire hangar up her vagina all she wants, thats her choice, but as for medical doctors, abortion should not be practiced and if they preform and abortion they should be striped of there medical title, and tried for murder.

Isn't it unbelievable that a person who kills a pregnant woman will be charged with TWO murders (as they should) ... but a 'doctor' who kills a baby walks free. :mad:

Forum List

Back