If you could turn back time:

Dis, I think your biggest mistake was giving michiganFats crap about his Earl avatar.

I never would've had that fling with Angelina Jolie and Madonna at the same time.
I would not have told David Geffen that his father had been kidnapped by voluptuous amazon women.
I shouldn't have double-dog dared George W. Bush that Sadam Hussein had WMDs.

It wasn't anywhere near as creepy as the Nick Nolte avatar. ;)

Actually...:eusa_whistle:

Oh come on! Earl wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Nolte mug shot. I think IRL you just got screwed over by a guy that looked kind of like Jason Lee. I'm a victim of Post-Traumatic, Breakup-itis. .....yeah, i'm I victim of the "itis"

It wasn't anywhere near as creepy as the Nick Nolte avatar. ;)

Actually...:eusa_whistle:

Oh come on! Earl wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Nolte mug shot. I think IRL you just got screwed over by a guy that looked kind of like Jason Lee. I'm a victim of Post-Traumatic, Breakup-itis. .....yeah, i'm I victim of the "itis"

I could never date a guy that looked like that. I have very specific tastes...

I am quite happy with my life and the way it has turned out but if I could redo a couple of things I would think a little harder about these three:

(1) I was offered the opportunity while in Navy Boot Camp to attend a four year college on the Navy's dime and then be enrolled into the Navy's Nuclear Power Training Program as an Officer. Turned it down because I wanted to some day be a Navy CPO like my father was.

(2) Would have never, ever, married my first wife. The relationship had doom written all over it but I couldn't see it at the time in spite of quite a few warnings from friends and relatives.

(3) Would have learned to play the guitar instead of giving up on it about 50 times! There's a nice Martin in my closet just gathering dust that I plan to give to one of my grandkids one of these days.

I am quite happy with my life and the way it has turned out but if I could redo a couple of things I would think a little harder about these three:

(1) I was offered the opportunity while in Navy Boot Camp to attend a four year college on the Navy's dime and then be enrolled into the Navy's Nuclear Power Training Program as an Officer. Turned it down because I wanted to some day be a Navy CPO like my father was.

(2) Would have never, ever, married my first wife. The relationship had doom written all over it but I couldn't see it at the time in spite of quite a few warnings from friends and relatives.

(3) Would have learned to play the guitar instead of giving up on it about 50 times! There's a nice Martin in my closet just gathering dust that I plan to give to one of my grandkids one of these days.

And if your grandkids don't want that Martin, I'll take it off your hands. :D

And if your grandkids don't want that Martin, I'll take it off your hands. :D

Want the fiddle too? I think I've had it out of the case about three times.

Actually, grandson Manning want's the Martin and granddaughter Haley has her eye on the fiddle.

I would go to November 20, 1963 and stop Oswald. (Giving myself two days to get the job done.)

I would go to October 8, 1978 and close the gate on my friend's yard, so her dog wouldn't get out and get run over.

I would go to September 9, 2001 and stop the terrorist attacks.

If that's the only three trips I get.

well, if we get to actually go back in time, I would want to go to ancient Egypt and sell them high quality, inexpensive steel buildings. Much cheaper than stone ;)

I would change nothing. I am quite happy with what I am. Who I am. Where I've been. What I've done and where I'm going. Whatever changes you could make would still result in the highs and lows that are inevitable in life. They would just be different ones.

Fate has determined my path. I'll follow it to the end and not change a thing.

Come on Boot, out with it, "I would have joined the Army instead" - we know :D

Shit ... :eusa_hand:

1. Would have gone to Cornell undergrad like my dad wanted me to;
2. Would have taken the gig with JAG when I got out of law school just for fun;
3. Wouldn't have sold my 12-string gibson to the cute guy who turned out to be a jerk.

Last edited:
2. Would have taken the gig with JAG out of law school just for fun;
3. Wouldn't have sold my 12-string gibson to the cute guy who turned out to be a jerk.
What's JAG? The TV Show? :confused:

Yeah, I bet you want that 12 string back! ;)

2. Would have taken the gig with JAG out of law school just for fun;
What's JAG? The TV Show? :confused:

Yeah, I bet you want that 12 string back! ;)

JAG, the Judge Advocate General's office. (military attys).

The Official Web Site of The United States Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps (U.S. Navy JAG)

I loved that guitar. Got totally suckered. lol...

Forum List

Back