If you could go back to your very first job and make the same money you making now, would you go back???

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
This question was on a Fox news show. I would go back, I was a telemarketer selling accidental death insurance and loved it. One of my favorite jobs

This question was on a Fox news show. I would go back, I was a telemarketer selling accidental death insurance and loved it. One of my favorite jobs
I was 5 yrs old cutting grass,,

first what some call a real job was a busboy in an italian steak house when I was eleven,,

not sure I want to do either again,, and have 5 acres of grass to cut at home,,

Sure. My first job was at a mom & pop fried chicken show in a Chicago suburb. The owner kept a loaded WW1 Mauser C98 pistol under the counter. I probably could have bought it from him for cheap.

1713326251024.jpeg

I was a busboy and dishwasher as a lad

the chefs would give us snacks if we kept them in plates
the bartender would fill us up with soda if we kept him in glasses

we thought we had it so good too......

~S~

this much money to peddle a bicycle throw the times picayune and get seduced by bored house wives?

i might just mortgage the shack for such a time machine. the money, no problem, i know who won the super bhowl in 1968

Before being Head Hunted, my first job was working for
P and G, but at their HQ in Newcastle , England .

There was something seriously out of balance and obsessional about the sprinkling of Americans among us .
I learned early how Human DNA could mutate badly .

Who the hell wouldn't want to be fifteen again? What a dumb question?

:auiqs.jpg:

nope; as much as I loved my dad and still consider him the GREATEST man I've ever known a "normal" workday (weekends and school holidays) was stacking about 2000 8"x8"x16" "cinder" blocks onto pallets from 6am with two of my brothers before the factory started operations at 7am, then shoveled two truckloads of 5/16 gravel into a small hopper that put the gravel into a large cement mixer,(younger brother did one truckload of sand while my older brother did the 96 lbs of cement (two bags per mix) and after work we'd do deliveries of the blocks BY HAND. Btw; I was 11 yo, my older brother was 12 and my younger brother was ten. All of us worked with Dad until we graduated Uni at the end of our Education pathways.

So no; I'll stick to what I do now. MUCH easier....(ethnic family in Oz).

Greg

No thanks, I can't see myself back at the Ice Plant.

I can't even watch The Thing ('82) without knowing that the "block of ice" that The Thing was in is made up of a bunch of 300# ice blocks cut 3/4 length.

latest

See the voids in the center of the two blocks to the left....They are called cores. Air is pumped into the center of the water filled mold and as the ice forms in the mold any impurities go to the middle.

Before it freezes completely you remove the air line and pump the water/impurities out of the core, refill it, and let it freeze the rest of the way before it's "pulled".

Those blocks were "pulled" after the cores were pumped to lessen the weight.

Favorite job as a telemarketer? You mean those guys who use fake locations to get you to answer the phone and annoy you with fast talk and fake claims to get you to buy something you don't want or need? I always thought those people were sociopaths who couldn't hold a real job.

I suppose so.

My first job was working on a neighbor's farm taking care of the animals fixing things, doing chores. I loved it. But I was 12 so it wasn't a real job.

My first real legit job was in highschool where I had a w2 and everything working at a small grocery store stocking shelves and cleaning up and helping customers.

I do love my current job though. I have to think and work hard but I do love being doing it. Only thing I hate is the fact no managers actually manage, they just sit in meetings all day and come up with stupid stuff to justify their paycheck.

Hell yes. Being a lifeguard at an apartment complex was gravy. Opening on Memorial Day and by mid June it was prettier much dead and after July 4th it would days at a time with no one showing up. A summer of smoking weed and reading books by the pool, sounds like retirement.

Fun jobs you guys had.
no- I wouldn't go back. But I was a bartender- gawd that was FUN! It was a bit touchy- when the drunks got outta control. But really all a person had to do- was spin them around- give em a kick in the arss- and they chilled out and went on their way. FUN :D

No. I wouldn’t even dream of it.

My first job ever was reshelving books and cleaning up the reading areas of the public library in my hometown. Not interested.

My first real job was at a Structural Engineering firm, as a drafter. The expectation was 15-25 hours of OT a week. Their systems were non-existent. Terrible place to work.

No, my first job was helping a landscaper-it was dirty, physical, and had odd hours.

My wife would, she loved teaching martial arts.

Forum List

Back