If gun control isn't the answer, what is?

Teach our children love and respect,hope for the best.

Dogs do what dogs do.

So what do you do about gun nut loon parents that teach their kids irrational paranoia?

Yes.. because teaching them kumbaya and that if you prevent them as law abiding citizens from obtaining and properly using weapons, that criminals won't do such things, is rational :rolleyes:

behavior modification OCCURS all the time!
What we saw in CT was due to Lanza's behavior modified.
His behavior modified by drugs and visual inputs.
Plain and simple.
Attack the over dependency on drugs and understanding that video games DO modify behaviors.

What is the answer?

Something, or nothing? If something, what?

That's easy - more guns.

In every state that has enacted conceal carry laws, crime has gone down. Sorry libs, it's a simple fact.

As far as schools, well trained, well armed security. Problem solved!

Every state? The stats are pretty flat in Louisiana, which also has the highest murder rate in the country. What does correlate very tightly is the percentage of the population which is armed and the gun crime rates.

One thing I don't get - why is it so hard for the left to think logically?

Q: Where do these shooting rampages happen?
A: Where guns are completely banned (schools most often, Colorado theater, etc.)

This is NOT rocket science people. There are almost NEVER shooting rampages where guns are prevalent. And the rare times it does happen, nobody but the gunman dies.

Do you remember the shootout at the Empire State Building? Several accidental hits of bystanders by trained police. What kind of collateral damage would occur in a shootout in a crowed theater, with some untrained, armed yahoo trying to "save" people?

Everyone thinks they're John fucking Wayne. They're not. They have neither the extensive training that police go through continually through their career, nor the disposition to shoot at something that's shooting back.

:eusa_shhh:

Two or three months ago a 5th grade girl was murdered and dismembered near Denver.

The killer was eventually caught because his mother turned him in.

Police found body parts in the murder's room.

I do not recall any national outrage, or Presidential speeches regarding this incident.

The message to the aspiring psychopath: If you want attention, then you will need to be much more horrific than the murderer of one 5th grader.

And if you cannot find a gun as conveniently as you can in Connecticut, then simply drive a bomb into the school (Federal Building, OKC).

The media attention is feeding these guys. 24 hour cable news coverage of anyone's sick fantacy.

How to prevent it?

Turn off the fucking TV.

I proposed the solution, none of the people who are anti-gun control would sign on.

Pass a federal law requiring all public accommodations private and government, to have at least one armed guard, more depending on the size of the place,

businesses would be required to fund this themselves, government buildings would be funded by a federal tax.

You want more security without more gun control? That is how you get it. You pay for it.

they dont want answers.

they want us to just get used to the "collateral" damage their worship brings this country

They want the magic of being safer without any impact on their so-called liberty,

or their wallets.

Can't be done.

We have tens of thousands of veterans, for starters, who need jobs or better jobs. Start training them to be armed guards, with federal funds, and start putting them to work.

Last edited:
IT'S NOT ABOUT GUNS.

The discussion needs to go to where it belongs. Crazy people. Look at all the mass killings of the last decade or more and mental illness has been at the root of the majority of them. If we keep the discussion on guns, we all lose.

And as the size of magazines increases, so does the body count. Hell, you can now buy 100 round magazines on-line, for most assault style rifles, with no background check.

I proposed the solution, none of the people who are anti-gun control would sign on.

Pass a federal law requiring all public accommodations private and government, to have at least one armed guard, more depending on the size of the place,

businesses would be required to fund this themselves, government buildings would be funded by a federal tax.

You want more security without more gun control? That is how you get it. You pay for it.

they dont want answers.

they want us to just get used to the "collateral" damage their worship brings this country

They want the magic of being without any impact on their so-called liberty,

or their wallets.

Can't be done.

We have tens of thousands of veterans, for starters, who need jobs or better jobs. Start training them to be armed guards, with federal funds, and start putting them to work.

Indeed.

:clap2:

As we all know, tens of thousands of veterans, many of whom complain of PTSD, are perfectly suited to carry a gun around a school full of screaming and yelling children.

:eusa_shifty:

Ok, I'm being sarcastic.

they dont want answers.

or their wallets.

Can't be done.

Indeed.

As we all know, tens of thousands of veterans, many of whom complain of PTSD, are perfectly suited to carry a gun around a school full of screaming and yelling children.

Ok, I'm being sarcastic.

We can see how Nancy Pelosi rose to being the most powerful Democrat in the nation by reading some of these ignit libtard posts.

scary shit

By the way liberals, how is that Chicago gun ban working out for you, where kids are being slaughtered every 3 minutes?

Pretty much shows the ugly racism of the dumbocrats, doesn't it? 20 black kids die every week in Chicago, and they couldn't give a fuck. But 20 white kids die in Connecticut and the left goes into an absolute tizzy...

What a stupid perspective. Every city with gang problems have a higher murder rate. Your insipid assumption that the answer to gun crime is more guns makes no sense. The proof is the states with the highest hand gun ownership rates also have the highest murder and armed robbery rates.

Yes, criminals will always find ways to get guns. At present, 40% of those buying guns go through no background checks. 30% of convicted criminals, of gun related crime, obtained their weapon from a legitimate seller. Mexico has much more stringent gun ownership laws, but criminals are able to bypass them, by having straw buyers get the weapons in the United States. If these straw buyers are caught, they essentially get a slap on the wrist.

By the way liberals, how is that Chicago gun ban working out for you, where kids are being slaughtered every 3 minutes?

Pretty much shows the ugly racism of the dumbocrats, doesn't it? 20 black kids die every week in Chicago, and they couldn't give a fuck. But 20 white kids die in Connecticut and the left goes into an absolute tizzy...

Obummer is doing his best to turn America into the same kind of hole that he helped create in Illinois.

Illinois has a much lower murder rate than Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, or Arizona. Your assumption is not supported by fact.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-4

Last edited:

or their wallets.

Can't be done.

Indeed.

Ok, I'm being sarcastic.

We can see how Nancy Pelosi rose to being the most powerful Democrat in the nation by reading some of these ignit libtard posts.

scary shit

Well, if not scary, certainly entertaining and somewhat enlightening.

Anonymous posting allows even the stupidest ideas to be vividly illuminated.

Its better than the freak-show at the local carnival.

Last edited:
IT'S NOT ABOUT GUNS.

The discussion needs to go to where it belongs. Crazy people. Look at all the mass killings of the last decade or more and mental illness has been at the root of the majority of them. If we keep the discussion on guns, we all lose.

And as the size of magazines increases, so does the body count. Hell, you can now buy 100 round magazines on-line, for most assault style rifles, with no background check.

And those who deal with weapons realize the lesser reliability of those mags... I can do just as much damage with multiple 20 round clips and change out the clip in the blink of an eye.. I can have multiple weapons at the ready before a lull to reload..

And it is good you finally used the word STYLE... which is the only criteria behind this label.. My AR is not a combat rifle.. It is not my old M-16 with 3 shot burst... It is not my old M-60 spewing out 500 rounds per minute... My AR is a .223 that I have more experience with than any other weapon besides my old M-16.. And any weapon you are comfortable with, you can be efficient or deadly with

Your ignorance and fear are quite astounding

One thing I don't get - why is it so hard for the left to think logically?

Q: Where do these shooting rampages happen?
A: Where guns are completely banned (schools most often, Colorado theater, etc.)

This is NOT rocket science people. There are almost NEVER shooting rampages where guns are prevalent. And the rare times it does happen, nobody but the gunman dies.

Do you remember the shootout at the Empire State Building? Several accidental hits of bystanders by trained police. What kind of collateral damage would occur in a shootout in a crowed theater, with some untrained, armed yahoo trying to "save" people?

Everyone thinks they're John fucking Wayne. They're not. They have neither the extensive training that police go through continually through their career, nor the disposition to shoot at something that's shooting back.

That says more about the quality of cops than it does your make believe fairy tale that can't be supported with any facts at all.

Obummer is doing his best to turn America into the same kind of hole that he helped create in Illinois.

Illinois has a much lower murder rate than Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, or Arizona. Your assumption is not supported by fact.

FBI — Table 4

He probably meant Chicago. The state statistics are mitigated downward by the large white population outside of the dominant innercity area which is responsible for almost all of the murder and rape.

IT'S NOT ABOUT GUNS.

The Left doesn't want to divert the attention to the crazy people who are the real cause. They want the discussion to focus on guns being the problem so they can ban them.

IT'S NOT ABOUT GUNS.

The Left doesn't want to divert the attention to the crazy people who are the real cause. They want the discussion to focus on guns being the problem so they can ban them.

Oh, worse than that!

They want to ban crazy.

It will cost a lot, but it will be worth it.

Forum List

Back