Where's the well regulated militia?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Certainly the shooter and his mother were neither well regulated nor part of a militia contributing to the security of a free state.

So what's up with that? Why did they have access to such guns? And why doesn't the State do anything to protect the lives of children at the mercy of whack jobs?

Certainly the shooter and his mother were neither well regulated nor part of a militia contributing to the security of a free state.

So what's up with that? Why did they have access to such guns? And why doesn't the State do anything to protect the lives of children at the mercy of whack jobs?

It is a Constitutional right.

Read it sometime.

The militia was GWs thing. He didn't want a standing Army, but that's what we got anyway. And and Air Force and a Marine Corp and a Navy and a Coast Guard. So much for his grand plan...

The militia was GWs thing. He didn't want a standing Army, but that's what we got anyway. And and Air Force and a Marine Corp and a Navy and a Coast Guard. So much for his grand plan...

AIDS kills many more in America each year than semi-automatic rifles.

You are trying to ban the wrong activity.

Your homophobia aside....I do believe that there are quite a few regulations that came about as a result of the AIDS epidemic. Gay men can't donate blood regardless of their HIV status. Bath houses were closed. There's all kinds of mandatory testing and reporting as a result of the AIDS epidemic in the US. Your strawman is a fail.

Read it sometime.

I've read it. Show me where these two were part of a well regulated militia securing the state.

You are showing your stupidity again snippy.

How many times have AIDS walked into a classroom of first graders and killed them?

And where in the COTUS does it say you can have semi auto weapons capable of firing hundreds of rounds in minutes?

Read it sometime.

I've read it. Show me where these two were part of a well regulated militia securing the state.

You aren't bright, but then again, you are a liberal.

But I am here to help.

Here is an analogy for you to help you understand the Second Amendment:

'A well-equipped carpentry being necessary to build quality housing, the right to own hammers shall not be infringed. '

You are most welcome!

how do you do that Ravi?.....how do you know who is going to lose it?.....one of the guys who went out and shot his fellow Postal Employees was said to be one of the nicer people in that office......while some who you think are going to lose it someday never do.....

Read it sometime.

But I am here to help.

'A well-equipped carpentry being necessary to build quality housing, the right to own hammers shall not be infringed. '

You are most welcome!
Answer the question or stfu.

how do you do that Ravi?.....how do you know who is going to lose it?.....one of the guys who went out and shot his fellow Postal Employees was said to be one of the nicer people in that office......while some who you think are going to lose it someday never do.....
I don't know how you know. I do know that if we as a society institutionalize children (and that's part of what school is) we have an obligation to make them safe.

But I am here to help.

You are most welcome!
Answer the question or stfu.

I did answer it.

Once you figure it out, you will see I have killed your thread.

LOL

You are showing your stupidity again snippy.

How many times have AIDS walked into a classroom of first graders and killed them?

And where in the COTUS does it say you can have semi auto weapons capable of firing hundreds of rounds in minutes?

You don't like facts.

Got it.

LOL

I don't know how you know. I do know that if we as a society institutionalize children (and that's part of what school is) we have an obligation to make them safe.

i agree.....but a Teacher or a Janitor could have gone nuts and done the same thing.....some people who you think are nuts and you keep your eye them never go off....and then the one who everyone thinks is great.....goes nuts....some of these shooters in the past have been described by those who knew them as....nice people....would never have thought this would happen with them.....

OK.

1. A law concerning assault weopons. You have one in your possesion outside of your home, you are requiered to have a license, same as fully automatic weopons. If you do not have said license, the gun is confiscated and destroyed, you go to jail, and have a felony offense on your record.

2. You have guns in your home of any type, if they are not responsibly stored, and someone takes them and commits a crime, you own that crime.

3. For the mentally ill. We do not wait until they commit a crime. Too late for the victim, too late for the mentally ill person. We treat them early on, irregardless of their ability to pay. Far less costly than the price we have paid this week for untreated mental illness.

OK.

1. A law concerning assault weopons. You have one in your possesion outside of your home, you are requiered to have a license, same as fully automatic weopons. If you do not have said license, the gun is confiscated and destroyed, you go to jail, and have a felony offense on your record.

2. You have guns in your home of any type, if they are not responsibly stored, and someone takes them and commits a crime, you own that crime.

3. For the mentally ill. We do not wait until they commit a crime. Too late for the victim, too late for the mentally ill person. We treat them early on, irregardless of their ability to pay. Far less costly than the price we have paid this week for untreated mental illness.

Spoken like a gubmint-centric statist.

Oh wait

You are.

Open your door and look around.

Why do you ask? It isn't a requirement to exercise 2nd Amendment rights. Never has been.

At least for those of us who understand the language.

Try reading this..

A Primer on the Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Forum List

Back