if god were to come today

I am still trying to figure out Gods game here.

First he creates us ignorant of him

Then there is a proclaimation that tell us to find the true God

Then God allows the flooding of false propaganda that suggests this is god, that is god--even different methods of how to praise and worship God

And at the end, God comes back and seperate those that guess correctly from those that guessed incorrectly and bring those that correctly back home with him and make the others suffer.

All I can say is--what gives "GOD"?

Conscience gives. It has been with you since birth. What have you learned from it?

"He came softly, unobserved, and yet, strange to say, everyone recognised Him. That might be one of the best passages in the poem. I mean, why they recognised Him. The people are irresistibly drawn to Him, they surround Him, they flock about Him, follow Him. He moves silently in their midst with a gentle smile of infinite compassion. The sun of love burns in His heart, and power shine from His eyes, and their radiance, shed on the people, stirs their hearts with responsive love. He holds out His hands to them, blesses them, and a healing virtue comes from contact with Him, even with His garments. An old man in the crowd, blind from childhood, cries out, 'O Lord, heal me and I shall see Thee!' and, as it were, scales fall from his eyes and the blind man sees Him. The crowd weeps and kisses the earth under His feet. Children throw flowers before Him, sing, and cry hosannah. 'It is He- it is He!' repeat. 'It must be He, it can be no one but Him!' He stops at the steps of the Seville cathedral at the moment when the weeping mourners are bringing in a little open white coffin. In it lies a child of seven, the only daughter of a prominent citizen. The dead child lies hidden in flowers. 'He will raise your child,' the crowd shouts to the weeping mother. The priest, coming to meet the coffin, looks perplexed, and frowns, but the mother of the dead child throws herself at His feet with a wail. 'If it is Thou, raise my child!' she cries, holding out her hands to Him. The procession halts, the coffin is laid on the steps at His feet. He looks with compassion, and His lips once more softly pronounce, 'Maiden, arise!' and the maiden arises. The little girl sits up in the coffin and looks round, smiling with wide-open wondering eyes, holding a bunch of white roses they had put in her hand...."

""'Is it Thou? Thou?' but receiving no answer, he adds at once. 'Don't answer, be silent. What canst Thou say, indeed? I know too well what Thou wouldst say. And Thou hast no right to add anything to what Thou hadst said of old. Why, then, art Thou come to hinder us? For Thou hast come to hinder us, and Thou knowest that. But dost thou know what will be to-morrow? I know not who Thou art and care not to know whether it is Thou or only a semblance of Him, but to-morrow I shall condemn Thee and burn Thee at the stake as the worst of heretics. And the very people who have to-day kissed Thy feet, to-morrow at the faintest sign from me will rush to heap up the embers of Thy fire. Knowest Thou that? Yes, maybe Thou knowest it,' he added with thoughtful penetration, never for a moment taking his eyes off the Prisoner.""

The Grand Inquisitor by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"He came softly, unobserved, and yet, strange to say, everyone recognised Him. That might be one of the best passages in the poem. I mean, why they recognised Him. The people are irresistibly drawn to Him, they surround Him, they flock about Him, follow Him. He moves silently in their midst with a gentle smile of infinite compassion. The sun of love burns in His heart, and power shine from His eyes, and their radiance, shed on the people, stirs their hearts with responsive love. He holds out His hands to them, blesses them, and a healing virtue comes from contact with Him, even with His garments. An old man in the crowd, blind from childhood, cries out, 'O Lord, heal me and I shall see Thee!' and, as it were, scales fall from his eyes and the blind man sees Him. The crowd weeps and kisses the earth under His feet. Children throw flowers before Him, sing, and cry hosannah. 'It is He- it is He!' repeat. 'It must be He, it can be no one but Him!' He stops at the steps of the Seville cathedral at the moment when the weeping mourners are bringing in a little open white coffin. In it lies a child of seven, the only daughter of a prominent citizen. The dead child lies hidden in flowers. 'He will raise your child,' the crowd shouts to the weeping mother. The priest, coming to meet the coffin, looks perplexed, and frowns, but the mother of the dead child throws herself at His feet with a wail. 'If it is Thou, raise my child!' she cries, holding out her hands to Him. The procession halts, the coffin is laid on the steps at His feet. He looks with compassion, and His lips once more softly pronounce, 'Maiden, arise!' and the maiden arises. The little girl sits up in the coffin and looks round, smiling with wide-open wondering eyes, holding a bunch of white roses they had put in her hand...."

""'Is it Thou? Thou?' but receiving no answer, he adds at once. 'Don't answer, be silent. What canst Thou say, indeed? I know too well what Thou wouldst say. And Thou hast no right to add anything to what Thou hadst said of old. Why, then, art Thou come to hinder us? For Thou hast come to hinder us, and Thou knowest that. But dost thou know what will be to-morrow? I know not who Thou art and care not to know whether it is Thou or only a semblance of Him, but to-morrow I shall condemn Thee and burn Thee at the stake as the worst of heretics. And the very people who have to-day kissed Thy feet, to-morrow at the faintest sign from me will rush to heap up the embers of Thy fire. Knowest Thou that? Yes, maybe Thou knowest it,' he added with thoughtful penetration, never for a moment taking his eyes off the Prisoner.""

The Grand Inquisitor by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Dostoevsky, Shakespeare, Dante, The Brothers Grimm. Whats your Favorite?

Read me "The Emperor Has no Clothes" tonight, at bed time huh.:):):)

Then God allows the flooding of false propaganda that suggests this is god, that is god--even different methods of how to praise and worship God

And at the end, God comes back and seperate those that guess correctly from those that guessed incorrectly and bring those that correctly back home with him and make the others suffer.

the simple solution to your problem is john 3:16,21

Well.
The mysterious critter that brainwashed dolts refer to as GOD:cuckoo:
If you read the "instruction manual" you'll see that he went to a town and found NO ONE worthy and turned it to salt.That is " correct". Babies, pregnated Arabs and all.
Another time " he" flooded the entire earth, babies, grammas, pet Bruno and all, only leaving a few people on a pre historic cruise ship with a bunch of DNA samples.

In closing.
He would kill everyone and everything on earth.
But he loves you !
IDIOTS.:eusa_hand:

So here's my question for you. It's rather harsh, but for many people it could be a reality: If your neighbor molested your children, who ultimately grew up to be drug addicts and to resent you because through years of abuse you never recognized their hints that something very bad was happening to them, and if you wanted this person deader than dirt as a result of his abuse, when you die are you going to unite with Christ if this person has died before you and is now in perfect union with Him?

We don't know what happened to the abuser, except that at some point he must have gone through a deep conversion process and fully repented for his sins. In his infinite mercy and unconditional love, God recognized this mans pure conversion and welcomed his child into the Kingdom. Now after years of hating him, you have a sudden and unexpected decision: Can I love him unconditionally? Is this really Heaven? Can I stand to be here?

I'm moving away from specific scriptures here and I'm just getting real. No hocus-pocus or weird things going on. Just a person you hate who is now united with the King of mercy, who is waiting to unite with you as well. Do you think you could do it?

In my world, there is certainly scripture, but life is lived with our feet on the ground and the choices that we make, regardless of what the scriptures say. If God is love (and He is), and we are not love (as defined by God, not us), will we accept him when it's our time to enter the Kingdom?

I certainly hope that I will, but sometimes I doubt whether or not I'm prepared for it. There's n question that he's prepared to accept me - my sins are forgiven and I've been redeemed by our Savior. But am I ready to accept Him? I certainly hope so.

I have a strong feeling that most of it revolves around my willingness to accept YOU. That is the message that Christ came to reveal.

I'll answer my views.

According to MANY different theologies (Judaic, Hindu, Buddhist), hell is a place where the soul is refined so that it may re-enter Heaven. Now.......depending on what you do in this life is going to determine what you have to do to re-enter Heaven.

Hell is actually a place of refinement. Someplace where the sins of this life are burned out of your soul so that you can re-join the Tao (God).

Depending on the amount of evil (unnecessary pain) you caused others as well as yourself is going to determine how long you will have to stay in the fires of refinement.

Think of it as the clean station that you stop at to get prepared to enter a clean room at NASA.

And, according to the Lost Gospel of Thomas (which was recently found a couple of years ago), it states that EVERYONE ends up in Heaven.

Even Hitler, Atilla the Hun and Dick Cheney.

Well... yes I did say that and I can see why it sounds messed up.

Using the wrong words, I was trying to say that if we don't love each other as Christ loves us, we cannot unite with Him. So it's not God who refuses us, it's us who refuse Him if our hearts (our minds) are not ready to love unconditionally when He arrives.

Unite with Christ? Are you gay?

Christ gave 2 commandments

what were they again?

xÞx;1638236 said:
Well... yes I did say that and I can see why it sounds messed up.

Using the wrong words, I was trying to say that if we don't love each other as Christ loves us, we cannot unite with Him. So it's not God who refuses us, it's us who refuse Him if our hearts (our minds) are not ready to love unconditionally when He arrives.

what were they again?

Number 1. Love God above everything else.

Number 2. Love one another as you love God.

You're welcome!:lol:

xÞx;1638236 said:

what were they again?

Fail

"The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' "The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:28-31)

xÞx;1638529 said:
xÞx;1638236 said:

what were they again?

Fail

"The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' "The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:28-31)

You really are a fucking retarded asshole, ain't ya? Not only that, but it appears that English is a foreign language to you, as well as the fact that logic is a new concept.

"Hear O Israel! The Lord our God is One Lord; and you shall love the Lord with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength."

i.e. Love God above all else.

You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Love one another like you love God. Basically.

I just didn't see the need to throw a whole bunch of bullshit along with it. Apparently, because your understanding of these concepts is limited, that is why you need to throw in all the other extra shit.

You know........dudes with small dicks have big cars and watches. Matter of fact, in some circles, they say "the bigger the clock, the smaller the cock". Same thing with cars.

You apparently need to throw in a bunch of other crap so that your small, limited understanding can appear, somehow......not as tiny.

Fail.

xÞx;1638529 said:

Fail

You really are a fucking retarded asshole, ain't ya? Not only that, but it appears that English is a foreign language to you,

*points up*

as well as the fact that logic is a new concept

this should be bemusing
"Hear O Israel! The Lord our God is One Lord; and you shall love the Lord with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength."

i.e. Love God above all else.

You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Love one another like you love God. Basically.

Not what he said. It says to love your god then to love your neighbor like yourself. It does not say to love yourself as you love god, which is what you'd need for your convoluted attempt top avoid admitting you're wrong to have any merit.

I quoted the character. You're wrong. Man up to it.

You know........dudes with small dicks have big cars and watches.

Why the need to share so much about yourself?

how many people alive would he be taking back with him

While you guys are arguing, calling each other names, tossing profanity in the wind, and otherwise making no sense at all, I took this question pretty seriously.

I will be going with Him when he makes that journey. My bags are packed, the ticket is purchased, and has been confirmed.

So many People speaking for God. That gives me Pause. What ever happened to shut up, listen, and pay attention.

So many People speaking for God. That gives me Pause. What ever happened to shut up, listen, and pay attention.

The reason that so many people try to speak for God?

Simple........happened when Rome converted to Christianity and started using religion as a way to control the masses.

Since? Everyone has been telling everyone else that THEY have the "One True Way to God". Catholics did it, but Martin Luther didn't believe them, so he came up with his own.

Then the Christians came to America and further fractured into Puritans, Protestants, Baptists and Mormon.

Now? We've got people like Warren Jeffs and the YFZ Ranch.

Just another bunch of bullshitters putting their own spin on it. Personally? I don't think God really wanted religion as much as for all of us to be spiritual.

Think of it this way.....God speaks to each of us in a way that we can understand. Your understanding of the world as a white collar worker who has never been outside the US is going to be much different than mine as an Enlisted Navy man.

The reason that so many people try to speak for God?

Simple........happened when Rome converted to Christianity and started using religion as a way to control the masses.

Since? Everyone has been telling everyone else that THEY have the "One True Way to God". Catholics did it, but Martin Luther didn't believe them, so he came up with his own.

Then the Christians came to America and further fractured into Puritans, Protestants, Baptists and Mormon.

Now? We've got people like Warren Jeffs and the YFZ Ranch.

Just another bunch of bullshitters putting their own spin on it. Personally? I don't think God really wanted religion as much as for all of us to be spiritual.

Think of it this way.....God speaks to each of us in a way that we can understand. Your understanding of the world as a white collar worker who has never been outside the US is going to be much different than mine as an Enlisted Navy man.

A bit simplistic, close, but no cigar. Religion has been used as a tool long before Rome. The splits in the Church started in Europe, before here. I won't tell you what God told me, I will ask you when You have a hard decision to make and live with, "What does your Conscience Say"? I will ask you "What factors you have considered"?

I know the schism started in Europe. What part about Martin Luther and the Catholic Church did you miss?

By the way, prior to that, the monotheistic religions were pretty close to the same. Like I said, it didn't get screwed up until Rome mixed Christianity in with their pagan beliefs. Remember.......Easter is supposed to come AFTER Passover, not before like it did last year, before Passover because of the way the Spring Solstice fell.

And.......Yeshua (Jesus) wasn't born December 25th. That is another lie uniting pagan beliefs (Winter Solstice) with Christianity.

I know the schism started in Europe. What part about Martin Luther and the Catholic Church did you miss?

By the way, prior to that, the monotheistic religions were pretty close to the same. Like I said, it didn't get screwed up until Rome mixed Christianity in with their pagan beliefs. Remember.......Easter is supposed to come AFTER Passover, not before like it did last year, before Passover because of the way the Spring Solstice fell.

And.......Yeshua (Jesus) wasn't born December 25th. That is another lie uniting pagan beliefs (Winter Solstice) with Christianity.

Disclosure says that I'm a Renegade Catholic with Strong Family and Friend Ties to the Church. I know the History well. Life has taught Me to seek Peace and Communion through Conscience. King James is among my Favorite Translations.

Since before Moses. Hammurabi's Code.
The Code of Hammurabi ~1700 BCE

Ancient Rome, Ancient Greece. Manipulation is in every part of history.

Conscience gives. It has been with you since birth. What have you learned from it?

There is no God??

Forum List

Back