if god were to come today

Yep..........when electricity was first noticed, it was said to be God or some other deity who was throwing their power to the earth.

Eventually, it became God bowling............

Now? We know it's the way that the universe works, as certain events in a certain order make certain things happen.

Yes.......you CAN prove the existence of God. Only trouble is, when God shows us where He's at, most people generally discount it as "coincidence".

Like I said......the atheist is the one watching television while denying the existence of electricity.

So your god is electrons? electrical current? You worship static discharge?

xÞx;1644300 said:
You know.......to my way of thinking, an atheist is a person sitting around the house, watching American Idol, while denying the existence of electricity. I mean, you can't see it, so therefore, it doesn't exist, right?

That was really stupid.

If you can't tell 'visible' from 'demonstrable' you really shouldn't chime in.

Do you really need proof? We can measure the difference in electrical charge between to things or regions. We can allow a discharge (transfer of electrons = electricity) and measure the movement of electrons and the final charges of both items afterward.

Ever heard of a voltometer?

I think he means that Atheists claims "if you can not prove it(in his case, 'see it'), then it is not there"

xÞx;1644300 said:
You know.......to my way of thinking, an atheist is a person sitting around the house, watching American Idol, while denying the existence of electricity. I mean, you can't see it, so therefore, it doesn't exist, right?

That was really stupid.

If you can't tell 'visible' from 'demonstrable' you really shouldn't chime in.

Do you really need proof? We can measure the difference in electrical charge between to things or regions. We can allow a discharge (transfer of electrons = electricity) and measure the movement of electrons and the final charges of both items afterward.

Ever heard of a voltometer?

You can get into trouble real quick with Voltage Theory or Magnetic Theory. Why? Vanity?

xÞx;1644309 said:
Yep..........when electricity was first noticed, it was said to be God or some other deity who was throwing their power to the earth.

Now? We know it's the way that the universe works, as certain events in a certain order make certain things happen.

Yes.......you CAN prove the existence of God. Only trouble is, when God shows us where He's at, most people generally discount it as "coincidence".

Like I said......the atheist is the one watching television while denying the existence of electricity.

Electricity is accountable just as we are. Matter, the physical manifestation, is governed by Laws.

From a Christian perspective, He would definitely leave behind all of those who don't love everyone unconditionally.

So.......what you're saying is that God (who supposedly loves us unconditionally) would have conditions on who He takes back because He doesn't want them?

Glad I don't go to your church!

no, he will leave you becasue you dont want him...he loves unconditionaly, you dont.

xÞx;1644309 said:

Electricity is accountable just as we are. Matter, the physical manifestation, is governed by Laws.

Yes--but which laws need to be observed and which can be ignored??

Also--the way I read religious books and mythologies(such as the bible), many of the "laws" are warnings and not laws.

xÞx;1644309 said:

Also--the way I read religious books and mythologies(such as the bible), many of the "laws" are warnings and not laws.

Yes--but which laws need to be observed and which can be ignored??What does Life experience teach you about cause and effect, and consequence, both good and bad intended and unintended consequence? When it's you up at the plate, it's for you to decide. The point is Be Ready, & take your best swing. Take Responsibility. When in doubt, if able, learn more.

In most Religions there are Stories that were meant to teach, to warn, to empower, to guide, direct. Study them.

After all of the comments, the original questionn was "If God were to come today"--and should that happen, I would rejoice and be delighted.

So, are you saying that god is electricity, or an unknown phenomena that has yet to be quantified. If you define God as those things, I really can't argue with you....

But when you start talking about a super natural conscious being that split seas, rained hell, got a whale to swallow a man and spit him out alive , turned two cities to salt because "God was angry" then later got himself cruxified on a cross in order for you to be "saved" in the afterlife(or the division of the afterlife to serve 'good' people and 'bad' people) Then I have to admit

No--I do not believe in that crap. Why do you?? In fact, you are focusing on the wrong things when it comes to religion or your religion. Fairytales..are for children.

Is God defined as electricity? Yes. That, and much more.

Might wanna read Genesis sometime, as well as talk to a Jew about the word "Elohim".

"El" means God.

"ohim" means powers.

"Elohim" is God of Many Powers.

Now then........take that back to the Big Bang, where there were (according to physicists) only 4 powers........strong and weak atomic attraction, magnetism and gravity.

Move that up to the book of Elijah where it talks about God's Throne.

Yep..........God IS power!

Yes--but which laws need to be observed and which can be ignored??What does Life experience teach you about cause and effect, and consequence, both good and bad intended and unintended consequence? When it's you up at the plate, it's for you to decide. The point is Be Ready, & take your best swing. Take Responsibility. When in doubt, if able, learn more.

You just touched up on the concept on how ethics is formed without the need of god and yet you wish to use this as an arguing point?

Tell me, If I relied on my life experiences, learn from the experiences of others, and practice "putting myself into hypotherical situations", do I really need an "all knowing god" to determine what is the correct path?

In most Religions there are Stories that were meant to teach, to warn, to empower, to guide, direct. Study them.

Oh I see--You think I am one of those "New Atheists". A "true beliver" of Dawkins.
No, I am not. But I do find the New Atheists brave in speaking up, which is something that is needed if you are an atheists.

if god were to come today

He was already here:

521124738_88cba2c756.jpg

So, are you saying that god is electricity, or an unknown phenomena that has yet to be quantified. If you define God as those things, I really can't argue with you....

But when you start talking about a super natural conscious being that split seas, rained hell, got a whale to swallow a man and spit him out alive , turned two cities to salt because "God was angry" then later got himself cruxified on a cross in order for you to be "saved" in the afterlife(or the division of the afterlife to serve 'good' people and 'bad' people) Then I have to admit

No--I do not believe in that crap. Why do you?? In fact, you are focusing on the wrong things when it comes to religion or your religion. Fairytales..are for children.

Is God defined as electricity? Yes. That, and much more.

Might wanna read Genesis sometime, as well as talk to a Jew about the word "Elohim".

"El" means God.

"ohim" means powers.

"Elohim" is God of Many Powers.

Now then........take that back to the Big Bang, where there were (according to physicists) only 4 powers........strong and weak atomic attraction, magnetism and gravity.

Move that up to the book of Elijah where it talks about God's Throne.

Yep..........God IS power!

God is power, eh? So America, which wields great power, wields God? How about the relationship of energy to power. Can we store God in a battery? A capacitor?

Come to think about it, this God of yours has no conscious, since it must submit to everyone that wields it. Kind of go against standard Christian beliefs in which man(the wielder of the power) must submit to GOD(which, according to your claim, is power)?

Your attempts at obfustication can only lead to miscomunication of your ideas. What is meant by "God is Power" is really a metaphor to the idea that God wields all powers. He is not the tools that is being wielded, like electricity.

Last edited:
Like I said......read Genesis and ask a Hebrew scholar what "elohim" means.

It means "divinity"

Def of "divinity": fudge made of whipped egg whites, sugar, and nuts

Heavy on the "nuts".

With that in mind, I supopose you will be having hot chocolate for the next infinity. Might be a little crunchy though.

If I had to choose between:

redhead.jpg

and:

HugSigned.jpg

then guess which one I would choose. It would be the "HOT" chocolate, for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said......read Genesis and ask a Hebrew scholar what "elohim" means.

The Hebrew Name for God - Elohim

After reading that webpage, all I got was that it means God(singular) in Hebrew. with a very short significance of the word Elohim. Basically, it is unique to Hebrew when compared to other semantic languages.

Was there anything else I should have noted?? Or are you unable to quantify and express your own ideas?

New Topics

Forum List

Back