I thought Afghanistan was the "good war"???

I will say that so far, Obama has engendered more confidence in his war policy than his predecessor. But that wasn't a very high hurdle.

...and Iraq will form an alliance with Iran, in my opinion.
Pretty much a foregone conclusion...why do you think the Saudi's only allowed poppy Bush to use their country as a place to base in '91 if he promised not to target Saddam personally?

Excerpt from "Why We Didn't Remove Saddam" by George Bush [Sr.] and Brent Scowcroft, Time (2 March 1998): While we hoped that popular revolt or coup would topple Saddam, neither the U.S. nor the countries of the region wished to see the breakup of the Iraqi state. We were concerned about the long-term balance of power at the head of the Gulf. Trying to eliminate Saddam, extending the ground war into an occupation of Iraq, would have violated our guideline about not changing objectives in midstream, engaging in "mission creep," and would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible. We had been unable to find Noriega in Panama, which we knew intimately. We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. The coalition would instantly have collapsed, the Arabs deserting it in anger and other allies pulling out as well. Under those circumstances, furthermore, we had been self-consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-cold war world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the U.N.'s mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the U.S. could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land. It would have been a dramatically different--and perhaps barren--outcome. I've been told that the same passage appears on page 489 of Bush and Scowcroft's book, A World Transformed (Alfred A. Knopf, 1998).

Too bad junior didn't listen to poppy.

I would Love to see the Rules of Engagement Policies in Afghanistan Transparent, and open for review at some level. If Policy is costing unnecessary harm and loss of Life to Our Troops, It should be exposed, amended, and justified. Intention is no free pass for incompetence.

You have to understand that with Obama in office there will be more of a passive approach to war

...in other words...

retreat from Taliban areas...blow up civilians to lose as much public support as possible....lie to everyone about your new strategy even though you don't have one, then claim you lost focus....and finally promise you will send more troops but then don't send them after everyone forgets what you said.

My concern is "When to Engage" Policy. We just had a bad weekend. Families are in Mourning. Were those incidents preventable? If embarrassing the Happy Clown in the White House, is going to advance Reason and Sound policy, I say Expose away. The sooner He learns to take the responsibility seriously, the less American Troop blood on his hands. That's actually doing him a favor. Play time is over. Expose every cluster fuck. Do not leave it to the Media. They have long proved inept. Use every option.

Last edited:
however you'll find more who supported going against Afghanistan since they are the ones who sheltered those who actually attacked us.

How about those who shelter the ones who provoked the attack?

?!?:eek:

Sorry, if you are claiming that "the U.S. had 9/11 coming to them" or in some way prevoked and bears some responsibility for the murder of thousands of innocent citizens, you are dipping your bucket in a dry well.

I have absolutely no sympathy ....

Bring the criminals to justice and move on.

I would Love to see the Rules of Engagement Policies in Afghanistan Transparent, and open for review at some level. If Policy is costing unnecessary harm and loss of Life to Our Troops, It should be exposed, amended, and justified. Intention is no free pass for incompetence.

You have to understand that with Obama in office there will be more of a passive approach to war

...in other words...

retreat from Taliban areas...blow up civilians to lose as much public support as possible....lie to everyone about your new strategy even though you don't have one, then claim you lost focus....and finally promise you will send more troops but then don't send them after everyone forgets what you said.

My concern is When to Engage Policy. We just had a bad weekend. Families are in Mourning. Were those incidents preventable? If embarrassing the Happy Clown in the White House, is going to advance Reason and Sound policy, I say Expose away. The sooner He learns to take the responsibility seriously, the less American Troop blood on his hands. That's actually doing him a favor. Play time is over. Expose every cluster fuck.

Considering the treatment President Bush git from these ass clowns I see no reason not to give Obama the same treatment. The simple fact is this...
Obama has adopted a strategy that will cause him to lose the war. Now that his ground commanders have tried his strategy they are telling him in so many words...your strategy is a failure, we need more troops.

Too bad he is just now realizing his grand strategy of 2009 is in fact...a failure. So what does he do...appease the left winger anti war crowd and leave our troops hanging...with no support and a chain of command that's in shambles.

...in other words...

My concern is When to Engage Policy. We just had a bad weekend. Families are in Mourning. Were those incidents preventable? If embarrassing the Happy Clown in the White House, is going to advance Reason and Sound policy, I say Expose away. The sooner He learns to take the responsibility seriously, the less American Troop blood on his hands. That's actually doing him a favor. Play time is over. Expose every cluster fuck.

Considering the treatment President Bush git from these ass clowns I see no reason not to give Obama the same treatment. The simple fact is this...
Obama has adopted a strategy that will cause him to lose the war. Now that his ground commanders have tried his strategy they are telling him in so many words...your strategy is a failure, we need more troops.

Too bad he is just now realizing his grand strategy of 2009 is in fact...a failure. So what does he do...appease the left winger anti war crowd and leave our troops hanging...with no support and a chain of command that's in shambles.

You said you were DOD, right? Numbers are a factor? thats strategy, short term, long term.
Rules of engagement are a strategy too. You need to allow better for the self defense of our troops. I don't advocate giving anyone a bad time without purpose. Report accurately what happens and why. Let the chips fall where they may. I read Black Hawk down. We should not have to find critical information in books, that belong in the headlines. That is how We contribute to the Welfare of Our Sons and Daughters, fighting there or anywhere.

What happened last weekend should not have happened.

however you'll find more who supported going against Afghanistan since they are the ones who sheltered those who actually attacked us.

How about those who shelter the ones who provoked the attack?

?!?:eek:

Sorry, if you are claiming that "the U.S. had 9/11 coming to them" or in some way prevoked and bears some responsibility for the murder of thousands of innocent citizens, you are dipping your bucket in a dry well.

I have absolutely no sympathy ....

Bring the criminals to justice and move on.

The so-called criminals are avengers. The US continues to make Al Qaeda and the Taliban stronger by continuing its crazy foreign policy.

The US didn't have 9/11 coming to them but the motherfuckers who have allowed a foreign power - Israel - to hijack the Pentagon and the foreign policy apparatus definitely had 09/11 coming to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.:eek:

As I recall, most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi.

How is it they've (the Saudis) have gotten off the hook?

As I recall, most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi.

How is it they've (the Saudis) have gotten off the hook?

bush-abdulah.jpg

You said you were DOD, right? Numbers are a factor? thats strategy, short term, long term.
Rules of engagement are a strategy too. You need to allow better for the self defense of our troops. I don't advocate giving anyone a bad time without purpose. Report accurately what happens and why. Let the chips fall where they may. I read Black Hawk down. We should not have to find critical information in books, that belong in the headlines. That is how We contribute to the Welfare of Our Sons and Daughters, fighting there or anywhere.

What happened last weekend should not have happened.

Agreed...but if there were more troops in that compound and they were out actively conducting recon missions perhaps it wouldn't have happened. It's quite simple...in order to reduce U.S. troop casualties Obama has ordered "ouside the wire" missions to cease unless its an absolute dire emergency. He has hamstrung the ground commanders by implementing new rules of engagement that call for our troops to NOT FIRE on the enemy if there is the slightest thought or indication that there may possibly be any civilians in the area. So the Taliban and Al Qaeda now keep a couple women and children around and they are never attacked. These sort of "let's play war like we are in 2nd grade" tactics will lose the war for Obama and our troops who have given all for their country will be disgraced.

Anyone who voted for Obama thinking he was going to end the war in Afghanistan is a moron.

I don't recall Obama ever pledging to end the war in Afghanistan.

He consistently said we need more troops there and to go after those who attacked us on 9/11.

The he's in the wrong place.

Most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis.

And maybe if the Saudis spent more time policing their lunatics and less time stoning their women for minor infractions, the attacks of 9/11 may never have happened.

I don't recall Obama ever pledging to end the war in Afghanistan.

He consistently said we need more troops there and to go after those who attacked us on 9/11.

The he's in the wrong place.

Most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis.

And maybe if the Saudis spent more time policing their lunatics and less time stoning their women for minor infractions, the attacks of 9/11 may never have happened.

Apparently many were born in Saudi Arabia - but they left? Why?
Because they found another place more accomodating to their terrorist activities??????

good war lol good one. terrorist attacks have increased since we got into both wars.

The ROE is confidential to keep the insurgency from exploiting it.

That trumps your curiousity and need to score political points.

BTW, the ROE exists for tactical reasons, not political ones and it's set by officers not politicians.

Forum List

Back