I thought Afghanistan was the "good war"???

It's quite simple...in order to reduce U.S. troop casualties Obama has ordered "ouside the wire" missions to cease unless its an absolute dire emergency. He has hamstrung the ground commanders by implementing new rules of engagement that call for our troops to NOT FIRE on the enemy if there is the slightest thought or indication that there may possibly be any civilians in the area. So the Taliban and Al Qaeda now keep a couple women and children around and they are never attacked. These sort of "let's play war like we are in 2nd grade" tactics will lose the war for Obama and our troops who have given all for their country will be disgraced.

When has he done that?

:popcorn:

:clap2:

From Time Magazine 20Jul09

The new strategy outlined by the President, with it's limits on actions that risk civilian casualties, represent a sea of change in the U.S. military.

General McChrystal says he will pull troops out of remote locations because they are outnumbered...yet in Time Magazine he says this:

My metric is not the enemy killed, not the ground taken: it's how much governance we've got.

How can you govern outlying provinces without any one there? You pull troops out of remote areas to reduce attacks and casualties and then expect to stabilize the entire country?

makes no sense.

I am really hoping Pat is some sort of commando steely eyed killer.

Because if he isn't, my tactical capabilities have been insulted by some REMF oxygen thief, or worse, some douchebag whose combat experience is limited to playing HALO on his playstation.

His posts indicates that, whatever he does, he has never been in Afghanistan, or at least hasn't ever been in a recon unit in Afghanistan.

Because if he isn't, my tactical capabilities have been insulted by some REMF oxygen thief, or worse, some douchebag whose combat experience is limited to playing HALO on his playstation.

His posts indicates that, whatever he does, he has never been in Afghanistan, or at least hasn't ever been in a recon unit in Afghanistan.

Keep shooting your mouth off keyboard commando..sooner or later you will step on your lower lip..all of the Vets I know and have served with don't brag about their exploits on message boards....this is the first sign of a fake vet.

and being a platoon leader in Call of Duty 4 is a bit different from being one in Afghanistan tough guy....so put the X-Box controller down and step back into reality.

Keep shooting your mouth off keyboard commando....all of the Vets I know and have served with don't brag about their exploits on message boards....this is the first sign of a fake vet.

and being a platoon leader in Call of Duty 4 is a bit different from being one in Afghanistan tough guy....so put the X-Box controller down and step back into reality.

I didn't brag. I gave you my opinion based on my personal experience, and you then asked me to clarify.

You haven't done shit, have you?

I first encountered the peckerwood yesterday in another thread and was merely subjected to off topic irrelevant insults so personally I've not been impressed by him.

Keep shooting your mouth off keyboard commando..sooner or later you will step on your lower lip..all of the Vets I know and have served with don't brag about their exploits on message boards....this is the first sign of a fake vet.

ahhhhh .... the dreaded "I know you are but what am I?" defense ......

how cunning .......

I first encountered the peckerwood yesterday in another thread and was merely subjected to off topic irrelevant insults so personally I've not been impressed by him.

I am just waiting for him to admit that he's never set foot inside of Afghanistan.

It's patently obvious, but he keeps dancing around it.

Keep shooting your mouth off keyboard commando....all of the Vets I know and have served with don't brag about their exploits on message boards....this is the first sign of a fake vet.

I didn't brag. I gave you my opinion based on my personal experience, and you then asked me to clarify.

You haven't done shit, have you?

"ooooooooo i'm a recon guy in afghanistan.....i know everything...i led my guys right into a goat herd."

You fucking dumbass...now you know why your sitting in the States while the smart ones are carrying the fight to the enemy.

I'm finished wasting my time with another liberal fake vet.

Good bye....and good luck with that I led my platoon into a herd of goats story....there is a sea story competition every year put on by the Navy League...try that shit there.

You've chosen to insult my service as well....I don't care what your bonafides are and you have no need to know what mine are...they don't mean shit here.

Forum List

Back