I knew the day would come, Republican who loves America

More than party Speaks out against what voter ID laws do.

'Most Restrictive' Voter ID Law In The Country Loses Support Of Republican Secretary Of State | TPMMuckraker

But Ohio's measure is so restrictive -- it requires the photo IDs to be issued by the state, so voters couldn't identify themselves with their full Social Security numbers -- that it lost the support of Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted.

"I want to be perfectly clear, when I began working with the General Assembly to improve Ohio's elections system it was never my intent to reject valid votes," Husted said in a short statement posted on his official website.

"I would rather have no bill than one with a rigid photo identification provision that does little to protect against fraud and excludes legally registered voters' ballots from counting," Husted said.

Here you go its in the OP

'Most Restrictive' Voter ID Law In The Country Loses Support Of Republican Secretary Of State | TPMMuckraker

But Ohio's measure is so restrictive -- it requires the photo IDs to be issued by the state, so voters couldn't identify themselves with their full Social Security numbers -- that it lost the support of Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted.

"I want to be perfectly clear, when I began working with the General Assembly to improve Ohio's elections system it was never my intent to reject valid votes," Husted said in a short statement posted on his official website.

"I would rather have no bill than one with a rigid photo identification provision that does little to protect against fraud and excludes legally registered voters' ballots from counting," Husted said.

Dear, that is not YOUR answer. That is someone else's answer. And the 'studies' YOU posted demonstrate that it prevents unnaturalized immigrants from voting and shows that states who have implemented picture IDs have higher turnout. So, the studies YOU provided support the opposite of what you claim - that it prevents valid voters from participating.

Now, YOUR answer as to why YOU think requiring a picture ID will prevent valid voters from voting is what?

:eusa_whistle:

Yes it is my answer.

there is NOTHING wrong with giving you facts as an answer.

Why do you think there is something wrong with answering a question with verifiable facts?

From the article:

In North Carolina, Democratic governor Bev Perdue vetoed voter ID legislation, arguing that it would "unnecessarily and unfairly disenfranchise many eligible and legitimate voters."

All you've done is state what the article states, that showing a photo ID will prevent legal voters from voting.

HOW WILL IT DO THIS???

How will showing a photo ID prevent legal voters from voting? You haven't answered the question and neither has the article, you both just make the statement that it will without anything to back it up.

From the article:

In North Carolina, Democratic governor Bev Perdue vetoed voter ID legislation, arguing that it would "unnecessarily and unfairly disenfranchise many eligible and legitimate voters."

All you've done is state what the article states, that showing a photo ID will prevent legal voters from voting.

HOW WILL IT DO THIS???

How will showing a photo ID prevent legal voters from voting? You haven't answered the question and neither has the article, you both just make the statement that it will without anything to back it up.

What purpose will it serve you for me to put the information in my own words?

Cant you read and comprehend the studies provided?

Yes it is my answer.

there is NOTHING wrong with giving you facts as an answer.

Why do you think there is something wrong with answering a question with verifiable facts?
No it is not YOUR answer. It is someone else's. Those words are not YOUR words.

It's OK to admit that you haven't the intellectual capacity to articulate your own thoughts, or even admit that you have no thoughts. Really, it's OK.

From the article:

HOW WILL IT DO THIS???

What purpose will it serve you for me to put the information in my own words?

Cant you read and comprehend the studies provided?

:lol: You just told me the answer was in the OP!

FAIL!!!

The answer isn't in the OP or some study or whatever other bullshit you post. You CAN"T answer the question. Know why? Because showing a photo ID wouldn't prevent any legal voter from voting.

You're such a hack. Loser.

Yeah, Dems need illegals to vote so they have a chance to keep there power.

The left long ago lost the debate on voter IDs. Polls show even 63% of Democrats support voter ID laws.

If the left wants to plant their stake in the ground over voter ID laws, bring it on. It's a huge loser for Democrats. They only thing they will accomplish is to create more GOP voters.

Voters never oppose reasonable measures; when the vast majority of both Republican and Democratic voters support something, then you can be pretty sure it's seen as reasonable by the majority of people.

Asking people to show a picture ID prior to voting to reduce voter fraud is seen as reasonable by too many people. When the Democrats oppose this, they paint themselves as extremists, not the Republicans.

Having a voter ID law just reduces the voting population to those that can get a photo ID issued by the state which will make it's own rules for acquiring an ID.

Now, remind me again, how many of you trust the state.

It cost my mother 376.00 dollars to acquire her state ID after she had to stop driving.

Just to vote. She doesn't drive, or cash checks, or fly on airplanes.

why do you keep pretending you have not been given an answer?

It has been answered OVER and OVER

I am not pretending anything, and no it hasn't been answered over and over.

Believe me, I've read and completely understand every idiotic link you've posted on this subject, and in none of them has there been an answer to the question "How does requiring an I.D. to vote keep legal voters from voting?"

They all just jump to the assumption that it will. There is no discussion of how or why this assumption is made.

How about making the assumption that the people who are prevented from voting would be the people who are not legally supposed to vote? (Oh, and btw, one of your very links dances very close to admitting this is what it prevented without coming right out and saying it.)

So, one more time since there still has not been an answer to the question.

HOW EXACTLY DOES REQUIRING AN I.D. TO VOTE KEEP LEGAL VOTERS FROM VOTING?

Please give me an answer to this question in your own words. Thanks in advance.

Rick

Having a voter ID law just reduces the voting population to those that can get a photo ID issued by the state which will make it's own rules for acquiring an ID.

Now, remind me again, how many of you trust the state.

It cost my mother 376.00 dollars to acquire her state ID after she had to stop driving.

Just to vote. She doesn't drive, or cash checks, or fly on airplanes.
Oh my! The states just may not allow non-citizens to vote if this happens.

Forum List

Back