I knew the day would come, Republican who loves America

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
More than party Speaks out against what voter ID laws do.

'Most Restrictive' Voter ID Law In The Country Loses Support Of Republican Secretary Of State | TPMMuckraker

But Ohio's measure is so restrictive -- it requires the photo IDs to be issued by the state, so voters couldn't identify themselves with their full Social Security numbers -- that it lost the support of Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted.

"I want to be perfectly clear, when I began working with the General Assembly to improve Ohio's elections system it was never my intent to reject valid votes," Husted said in a short statement posted on his official website.

"I would rather have no bill than one with a rigid photo identification provision that does little to protect against fraud and excludes legally registered voters' ballots from counting," Husted said.

Last edited:
Democrats, Voting rights groups and liberal organizations have lined up in opposition against Ohio's bill, which would require a state-issued photo ID to vote. In a press release, Ohio House Democratic Leader Armond Budish called it a modern day poll tax.

THE HORROR!!... I.D.? That would discriminate against illegals and dead people...we can't have that how will the dems ever win in these states?

Oh the absolute horror of it, to think people are sick of the games being played at the ballot box...You of course understand this is a backlash against the last ballot stuffing we witnessed.

Get over it its the new reality

ID required to drive, cash a check, receive taxpayer benefits.... voting... not so much.

:confused:

Nothing wrong with producing and ID to prove you are who you say you are at the voting booth.

Don't see where that would create a problem for anyone wanting to vote.

Of course those who are dead, illegal or otherwise not eligible would be in a bind. But hey, you have to expect a little fallout with new regs.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Yes there is something wrong with a law that keeps legal voters from voting and solves NO fraud.

This is a republican guys and hes an expert.

Unlike you he loves democracy.

Yes there is something wrong with a law that keeps legal voters from voting and solves NO fraud.

They are not Legal Voters unless they can show a form of ID that is in fact legal

• Banned
so you claim no American is legal unless they have their "PAPERS" in order?

Democrats, Voting rights groups and liberal organizations have lined up in opposition against Ohio's bill, which would require a state-issued photo ID to vote. In a press release, Ohio House Democratic Leader Armond Budish called it a modern day poll tax.

THE HORROR!!... I.D.? That would discriminate against illegals and dead people...we can't have that how will the dems ever win in these states?

Is there a record of a lot of illegals or dead folk voting in Ohio? If you want a voter ID card, then let that be issued to citizens by the state, paid for by the state as are elections.

Last edited:
There is evidence of voter fraud and dems are fighting it tooth and nail because it is set up for them to get the votes.
Just because it is hard to prove does not mean that it is not happening.
More and more evidence is coming to light about this.

Pundit Press: Evidence of Wisconsin Voter Fraud Emerges, April 5, 2011

I believe the evidence that was found in the last election and I think that Hillary should have been the President.

Clinton supporters sharing evidence for RICO case against Obama campaign | Hillbuzz | Conservative Political Analysis, Action & Humor | Kevin DuJan Editor

How does a law that requires official ID and prevents illegals from voting prevent no fraud?
It'll probably prevent so much fraud it'll reduce Dem vote totals by 10%.
There is no democracy without a secure ballot.

I remember when Republicans hated the idea of having "papers". They said it was too much like Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia. They said if you were born here, that's good enough. They said, "I don't want government to tell me who I am".

Then they found out what a wonderful tool it can be for voter suppression if "used" the "right" way.

I remember when Republicans hated the idea of having "papers". They said it was too much like Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia. They said if you were born here, that's good enough. They said, "I don't want government to tell me who I am".

Then they found out what a wonderful tool it can be for voter suppression if "used" the "right" way.

Funny have to have ID to drive a car have to have ID to open a post office box have to have ID to purchase Alcohol or buy a Fire Arm. Many Many other instances where ID is required and the Left helped make it so.....now all of the sudden when it appears that they will lose the illegal vote the left is against voter ID.. Go figure

Not me. I disagree. I think we should have a National ID card complete with a photo. If you are not a legal citizen of the US you don't get one.

As long as you can produce some form of proof you are who you say you are and you are at the voting station you are supposed to be at, there's no further need for yet another form of ID.

an ID just for voting always struck me as over-kill.

Perhaps people would think that TM actally cared about Democracy if she wasn't always trying to undermine the election process.

We are a Republic, of course, but she advocates for Democracy and advocates to keep corruption in our election process. Completely inconsistant.

Forum List

Back