I actually think

Romney would be better than the one we have now.Not by a whole lot, but still better.
Obama always sounds like a gang leader,with his us versus them speeches. Not the leader of America.
Our Presidents are suppose to represent all of the people, not just a few of Americans.

Don't know exactly what comment you're fishing for Grump, but compared to the America hating radical we have now, yes, Romney would be better, but that's still not saying Romney would be good either... just better.

No fishing for anything PR.

Let's put it this way.

Raygun: Too polarising
Bush 1; neutral
Clinton: Too polarising
Bush 2: WAAY too polarising
Obama: WAAY too polarising

I just see Romney as more middle of the road....It seems US politics - as evidenced on this board over the past few years - has become too radical on both sides.

I just think Romney might be a little more circumspect. Don'tget me wrong he is not the ideal candidate, but I think he might be just moderate enough to find some middle ground and this is probably what the US and the world needs right now.

Still think Obamacare will go down not only as Obama's legacy but something Americans will be thankful inthe end. You don't see it now, but you will one day...:D

Romney would be better than the one we have now.Not by a whole lot, but still better.
Obama always sounds like a gang leader,with his us versus them speeches. Not the leader of America.
Our Presidents are suppose to represent all of the people, not just a few of Americans.

That is how many felt about Bush...shrug...

At least white Obamney could copy himself or pub-policies, from the INSIDE! Brilyunt, fantastic.

Black Obamney's dittos of pub adventures into fascism or social welfare would then have the pub stamp. The pubs have both an anti-black Obamney cult following and a pub knee-jerk schtick, all brewing up, to lose in November. White Obamney will lose the sack race, even though he and black Obamney are joined, in a sack, right white leg, with black left leg. Sorry, white Obamney.

That thing with CRS won't attract independents, to white Obamney. And the pubs are so obnoxious, independents who supported Paul will wander, since they've been hob-nobbing, with the pubs, very recently. Hey, who could forget all those idiots, who simply prove the gene pool of whites in the US has been exhausted, and then it will fail, me tardies?

Unless one party walks away with clear control of the White House, Senate and House, I don't know how much "change" can occur. The GOP has very effectively stifled much of what Obama would have done (for better or for worse), and I suspect the Democrats would behave in approximately the same way.

obama did good, he passed the biggest tax hike in American history. he did good.

Last edited:

obama is a punk.

Romney wouldn't be a bad president....just sayin'

Perhaps.

But the problem would be the people whom he’d bring into his administration, the judicial appointments those administrators would make, and the Bush Era policies they would reintroduce, such as ‘nation-building.’

Bush era policies, like 5% unemployment, real GDP growth, and lower taxes? The horrors!

NO. Like the greatest financial meltdown since the 30s and a totally jobless recovery from a minor recession. The guy who had fewer non farm jobs at the end of his term than at the beginning?

(Not to mention two unfunded wars and unfunded drug MANDATE and over 6 TRILLION in debt)

You mean the guy who prominent historians judged THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER, while still in office ? That guy?

he's been recruited into wingnut world.

they romney who was governor of massachusetts wouldn't have been a bad president. this one would be beholden to the radical right.

jillian,
Romney isn't near as set in his ideology as President Obama is.
Romney has proved that he does and can work with the Democrats.
When you have a President like we have now, who says that Republicans are the enemy,that is not being the Leader of our country.
No other President in our history has ever said that the other party is our enemy.

I'm sure Romney is a nice guy, but the problem is that Bankers control our gov't so it really doesn't matter who gets elected. We're gonna' get the same sh*tty representation until we all realize that and come together.

No, bankers do not control our government. Get your mind out of the conspiracy theories.

Balance no doubt

to the current one beholden to the radical left

really?

so we have single payor?

we're out of afghanistan?

gitmo is closed?

yokie dokie.

It's not for lack of trying.

Good point

We saw what this fool did when he had both Houses of Congress
Instead of doing really work on the economy he pushed his
faux legacy through - Papa ObamaCare

The biggest regressive tax increase in history

Perhaps.

But the problem would be the people whom he’d bring into his administration, the judicial appointments those administrators would make, and the Bush Era policies they would reintroduce, such as ‘nation-building.’

Bush era policies, like 5% unemployment, real GDP growth, and lower taxes? The horrors!

NO. Like the greatest financial meltdown since the 30s and a totally jobless recovery from a minor recession. The guy who had fewer non farm jobs at the end of his term than at the beginning?

(Not to mention two unfunded wars and unfunded drug MANDATE and over 6 TRILLION in debt)

You mean the guy who prominent historians judged THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER, while still in office ? That guy?

The greatest financial meltdown came from Barney Frank and his pals in the COngress. The jobless recovery is Obama's. Bush created many more jobs than Obama has at the same juncture. No historian who isn't a total hack thinks Bush was the worst president. Most people think Obama is a worse president than Carter, who most historians think was the worst president.

Do I think he would be as good as Obama? I dunno. But I don't think the US would go to hell in a handbasket if he got the nod.

I also think he is less polarising than Bush and Obama..

Might find some common ground. What helps is that he actually not the ideal candidate for die hard republicans and conservatives...so there is that...

He could even border on being a RINO...

Oh good grief. What would you think of him as president with a Republican House and Senate?

What has gotten into you Grump?

Do I think he would be as good as Obama? I dunno. But I don't think the US would go to hell in a handbasket if he got the nod.

I also think he is less polarising than Bush and Obama..

Might find some common ground. What helps is that he actually not the ideal candidate for die hard republicans and conservatives...so there is that...

He could even border on being a RINO...

Oh good grief. What would you think of him as president with a Republican House and Senate?

What has gotten into you Grump?

Yeah. Think of all those poor bureaucrats and union leaders. They'd have no one to bribe or intimidate anymore!

Perhaps.

Oh fuck yes. Let us go back to the Bush era. 750,000 jobs a month going down the drain. Conducting a couple of wars off of the books, then blame whomever follows and puts them on the books.
You realize that Bush was in office for 8 years, not just the last two months of 2008, right?

Perhaps.

Prominent historians? Now that's funny.

Everyone had a hand in the crash of 08/09 and prior to the summer of 08, our economy was doing pretty good. Perhaps you should have been sober during that decade.

Forum List

Back