How would you respond to a text message like this from your mother??

Dear fbj
Mothers are always going to want to hear from their kids, at any age.

You might take it as a compliment she WANTS to hear from you more!

You may feel this way now, but after your mother is gone,
you may miss having the luxury of complaining of her bugging you too much.

She loves you very much, and will always feel connected
to you, even if you don't want to be nagged, babied or bugged.

The more you can love your mother, and the better
you can work out how to communicate with her,
you will succeed in the same with your female and romantic relations.

Consider this part of the challenge.
When potential wives look at how their potential
husbands TREAT and talk about their mothers and/or sisters,
that's how they are going to treat their WIVES.

so use this as an exercise to work on your
hardest communication issues, and the effort
you invest will pay off when it comes to your
close relations with women you want to be able
to understand and communicate clearly with.

Try to love your mother the way you
want to be able to connect and talk with
the woman or women in your life.

How come I was able to go 5 weeks without talking to her when I was in college???????????? Now that I am a grown man and living on my own she all needy and shit

Answer is she is old and lonely and yes you are to be there no matter how much it drive you nuts.

Just call the woman once a day and talk fifteen minutes and make sure she is fine no matter of she is giving you attitude...

My mom has a habit of sending aggressive text messages. She sent a text to me saying."give me a call when you get a chance between Friday and Sunday? HUH?

I told her she can't tell a grown person when to call her back. Have you ever heard of something this crazy? My mom's excuse was......."You should have time for your mother". I tried telling her I have a NEW LIFE but she refuses to adjust and wants things her way. That type of text comes off like telling someone YOU HAVE 2 DAYS to return my back. She is about to be BLOCKED
i would be glad i have a time-frame to call back.

It's your mom, man, your mom...

My folks split up when I was about 11. I stayed in California with my dad, mom moved back to Texas. I have called my mom at least once a week since then to this very day (save those occasions when I have been visiting her). It's mom...

When my phone rings, there only four people for whom I will answer it no mater what I may be doing... my wife, my daughters, and mom... and though there have been times when I have thought twice about answering for my wife and daughters, I have never thought twice about answering mom's calls...

It's mom...
Even after she left you when you were young?

My folks split up when I was about 11. I stayed in California with my dad, mom moved back to Texas. I have called my mom at least once a week since then to this very day (save those occasions when I have been visiting her). It's mom...

When my phone rings, there only four people for whom I will answer it no mater what I may be doing... my wife, my daughters, and mom... and though there have been times when I have thought twice about answering for my wife and daughters, I have never thought twice about answering mom's calls...

It's mom...

She didn't leave me, the decision about with whom I wanted to live was left to me... thanks to a California judge. I had lived in Texas and wanted to stay in California.

It's mom...

She didn't leave me, the decision about with whom I wanted to live was left to me... thanks to a California judge. I had lived in Texas and wanted to stay in California.
She still split your family up. Made you make a choice.

...ask her what her opinion is of a boyfriend who doesn't mind if his girlfriend bleaches her hair blond, so she won't be confused with a brunette, but is really a redhead.

you could give her a time frame to respond with an answer.

My mom has a habit of sending aggressive text messages. She sent a text to me saying."give me a call when you get a chance between Friday and Sunday? HUH?

I told her she can't tell a grown person when to call her back. Have you ever heard of something this crazy? My mom's excuse was......."You should have time for your mother". I tried telling her I have a NEW LIFE but she refuses to adjust and wants things her way. That type of text comes off like telling someone YOU HAVE 2 DAYS to return my back. She is about to be BLOCKED
You’re going to hate yourself and have nothing but regret when she’s gone.

Stop being a scumbag and call your mother.

Why doesn't she just open the basement door and TALK to you? :dunno:

Dear fbj
Mothers are always going to want to hear from their kids, at any age.

You might take it as a compliment she WANTS to hear from you more!

You may feel this way now, but after your mother is gone,
you may miss having the luxury of complaining of her bugging you too much.

She loves you very much, and will always feel connected
to you, even if you don't want to be nagged, babied or bugged.

The more you can love your mother, and the better
you can work out how to communicate with her,
you will succeed in the same with your female and romantic relations.

Consider this part of the challenge.
When potential wives look at how their potential
husbands TREAT and talk about their mothers and/or sisters,
that's how they are going to treat their WIVES.

so use this as an exercise to work on your
hardest communication issues, and the effort
you invest will pay off when it comes to your
close relations with women you want to be able
to understand and communicate clearly with.

Try to love your mother the way you
want to be able to connect and talk with
the woman or women in your life.

How come I was able to go 5 weeks without talking to her when I was in college???????????? Now that I am a grown man and living on my own she all needy and shit

Dear fbj Ask HER what has changed.
Get caught up on what was going on during those 5 years.
That's a good way to find out how she thinks and communicate.

It's like reverse psychology. The more you communicate with her
and make yourself available, she'll eventually calm down. Better yet,
get to the root of what is so urgent to her, address that, and things
will normalize.

Is it something temporary causing urgency?
Is it a longterm feeling of being lonely or wanting Grandchildren or what?

Don't avoid the elephant in the room. Know exactly what you
are dealing with and you can work through it together.

again, unlocking this puzzle will HELP you work through your
woman issues, learn to ask what is going on and what does she
need from you, and not play games. You'll be able to see more
clearly what's going on with other people transparently
by starting and working out this issue with your own mom.

Make this your homework assignment, to resolve this,
and you will breeze through your finals, any other issue
with any other person (especially of female persuasion)
will be easy once you have this down. When you do this
right, you will GLAD for it, and you will recognize the benefits
from doing the work it takes to make peace with your mom.

Best wishes, you will be a better man for it, fbj. The best you can be!

Any annoyance and sacrifice you feel you are taking on to work this out,
that's how other people feel when they have to work to understand you, too.
So once you get past all that, you will have a much easier time in relations
and enjoy people more when that burden is lifted because you have resolved it.

You're a hard man, Charley Brown.

How the fuck can you tell someone when to call you back?

Because mothers think they own you.:04:

Just mothers?

Wives, girlfriends and most women own us dumb straight men...

Just mothers?

I know! :21:

but mothers most all!:eek-52:

Just mothers?

I know! :21:

but mothers most all!:eek-52:

Very true!

Unfortunately I never really knew my mother and the half-Aunt of mine made sure I would never marry anyone from the Jewish Faith...

As for FBJ dilemma it is best he calls his mother because once she is gone he will never be able to say " Hey mom I love you no matter the punk I am "...

Forum List

Back