How Does God Help a Broken Heart?

time does not heal all wounds

Not true bones.
One needs to be willing to forgive and let go.
If one is willing, the wound is healed.

One believes the wound is not healed because for some reason they want to hold on to the pain.

What I think happens, is in time, one learns to accept that something unacceptable happened. It's not like "forgive and forget" exactly.

Radical acceptance is more along the lines of what I practice. I'm also learning to lean into God.

KEEP A-GOIN’

Author: by Frank L. Stanton (1857-1927)

If you strike a thorn or rose,
Keep a-goin'!
If it hails or if it snows,
Keep a-goin'!
'Taint no use to sit an' whine
When the fish ain't on your line;
Bait your hook an' keep a-tryin'--
Keep a-goin'!

When the weather kills your crop,
Keep a-goin'!
Though 'tis work to reach the top,
Keep a-goin'!
S'pose you're out o' ev'ry dime,
Gittin' broke ain't any crime;
Tell the world you're feelin' prime--
Keep a-goin'!

When it looks like all is up,
Keep a-goin'!
Drain the sweetness from the cup,
Keep a-goin'!
See the wild birds on the wing,
Hear the bells that sweetly ring,
When you feel like singin', sing--
Keep a-goin'!

"Nothing Is Easy"

Nothing is easy.
Though time gets you worrying
my friend, it's o.k.
Just take your life easy
and stop all that hurrying,
be happy my way.

When tension starts mounting
and you've lost count
of the pennies you've missed,
just try hard and see why they're not worrying me,
they're last on my list.
Nothing's easy.

Nothing is easy, you'll find
that the squeeze won't turn out so bad.
Your fingers may freeze, worse things happen at sea,
there's good times to be had.
So if you're alone and you're down to the bone,
just give us a play.
You'll smile in a while and discover
that I'll get you happy my way --
nothing's easy.

[youtube]HoSOuYNNXjU[/youtube]

If you're really bummed out about something IRL, the last thing you want to do is post about it here. Because in doing so you run the risk of some asshole making an insensitive crack about it probably just being a side effect of the hormone blocking treatment, or some similar remark.
But I'm going to go ahead and assume this is just part of your new found policy of posting untruths. :thup:

Very good point Mani.

Thank you all for your kinds words. I won't be posting anymore in this thread. I'm taking the advice of some of my friends here.

Take care everyone.

Sky

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning into now. I feel like the stuffings have been knocked out of me. The good news is I have a teleclass for 2 and a half hours soon, and then I go and work with kids the rest of the day. That will keep my mind off this topic, and put me into thinking about others.

This is one of the best medicine's for things such as a broken heart. Focus on helping others. Nothing works to enrich, nurture and uplift the spirit then helping others. More often than not, you would come to realize just how bad others have it, and just how good you have it. It's the Christian way to put others before ourselves.

You'll be fine Sky.

I hit the bottle to drown my sorrows, hard. It didn't really help me, just made things worse and lost some friends in the process, nobody wants to be around a whiney drunk.

If you're really bummed out about something IRL, the last thing you want to do is post about it here. Because in doing so you run the risk of some asshole making an insensitive crack about it probably just being a side effect of the hormone blocking treatment, or some similar remark.

But I'm going to go ahead and assume this is just part of your new found policy of posting untruths. :thup:

I'm not going to post details of the RL situation that came up late last night. I thought maybe people had stories of how they got over something rough. It's really shaken me up. I'm afraid to leave the house.
PM me, Sky.

I'm not going to post details of the RL situation that came up late last night. I thought maybe people had stories of how they got over something rough. It's really shaken me up. I'm afraid to leave the house.
PM me, Sky.

Ok. I'll do that tonight. Thanks.

has nothing to do with forgiveness....you can forgive someone and still feel the pain....

"There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery."

dante

I hit the bottle to drown my sorrows, hard. It didn't really help me, just made things worse and lost some friends in the process, nobody wants to be around a whiney drunk.

Oh, I remember those times. After, I would still have all the same problems, but I'd be hungover as well. And crashed the budget.

I was drinking a bottle of Vodka a day back than, and had several incidents and fights, I was starting to spiral out of control and I am lucky I didn't end up in prison.

Forum List

Back