Zone1 Does this Eclipse Have Spiritual Significance to You

It's kind of funny to me that a lot of replies here act as if this was posted in the Science section, instead of where it is, the Religion section. :lol:

Also...I wouldn't expect non-christians to believe this, but the bible does clearly state that one of the purposes of the lights in the sky (sun, moon, stars) is for signs. On PAGE 1 of the bible! 🤦‍♀️

I don't know about this particular eclipse (I've been too busy to look into it at all) but these types of things being signs or omens is absolutely biblical.

I'm not saying everyone has to believe that. Just saying it is biblical.

Last edited:
Actually...
Total eclipses happen somewhere on earth at least once every 2 years.

It's 2024 and we have global transportation and communication capabilities.
Anyone who can afford it can see a total eclipse live and in person nearly every year or just stay home and watch on TV.

It just ain't that special.

Eclipses are only a small portion of 'celestial events' I was referring to, so there's that

They didn't always happen and they won't always happen. It is only at this period that humans are present that they happen. Interesting co-incidence.
Let me guess...the universe is 6k year old and people rode dinosaurs to work.

Actually...

Anyone who can afford it can see a total eclipse live and in person nearly every year or just stay home and watch on TV.

This is DIFFERENT, as I already Explained.
God has MARKED this nation dead center with the aleph and the tav -- the beginning and the end. The alpha and the omega. That is His "Name"

It's kind of funny to me that a lot of replies here act as if this was posted in the Science section, instead of where it is, the Religion section. :lol:

Also.. I wouldn't expect non-christians to believe this, but the bible does clearly state that one of the purposes of the lights in the sky (sun, moon, stars) is for signs. On PAGE 1 of the bible! 🤦‍♀️

I don't know about this particular eclipse (I've been too busy to look into it at all) but these types of things being signs or omens is absolutely biblical.

I'm not saying everyone has to believe that. Just saying it is biblical.
Thank you. A sane voice from the Christian perspective.

I chuckle (but am also a little irritated) when some of these people try to "explain" to me what an eclipse is 😂

They didn't always happen and they won't always happen. It is only at this period that humans are present that they happen. Interesting co-incidence.

Really???????? You are saying there were no eclipses before man??? So dinosaurs didn't have eclipses??? and eclipses will cease to exist when man does???

SMH

I do wonder how many people here, who claim to be Christian, think this country will be ALLOWED to continue down this slippery slope of perversion and violence before God intervenes.

I believe, as a Christian, that God is about done waiting for us to repent.

Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; and that His justice will not sleep forever

THIS is an abomination whether you agree or not

images (4).jpeg

This is DIFFERENT, as I already Explained.
God has MARKED this nation dead center with the aleph and the tav -- the beginning and the end. The alpha and the omega. That is His "Name"
Uhhhhhh

There have been 13 total eclipses visible from the continental US since the US became the US.
There will be 11 more over the next 100 years

Maybe next time God should send a bulk email with a calendar invite?

Uhhhhhh

There have been 13 total eclipses visible from the continental US since the US became the US.
There will be 11 more over the next 100 years

Maybe next time God should send a bulk email with a calendar invite

THIS event wont be repeated for 300 years. America will be a memory

Tell me when was the last time He wrote His Name dead center across this nation

The aleph and the tav

960x0.jpg

Last edited:
Actually...

I gently disagree that it isn't special. They are not only special because most of us have opportunity to see so few, if any, in our lifetime, but they are absolutely awesome as phenomena. Which is why thousands/millions of people will spend a lot of money to go see one.

It is awesome to me that people can figure them out and know exactly where and when they will occur and exactly where people can experience a total eclipse hundreds of years down the road. That is an amazing things to me. My math skills are pathetic in comparison.

I simply don't understand how fellow Christians can be so resistant to actual science as they mark my opinions on this as 'disagree' or 'fake news.' But oh well. One even confused calculations of eclipses as 'evolution' which for sure they do not factor into that at all. :)

The aleph and the tav

View attachment 929163
But the next total solar eclipse can be seen to a lot of you in the USA--probably not me-- Aug. 23, 2044 in Montana and North Dakota. An earlier one will be visible in northwest Alaska March 30, 2033 but that is so remote and likely to still be in the dead of winter there so probably few will be able to travel to see it.

All of the total solar eclipses for the next 50 years:

Last edited:

The aleph and the tav

View attachment 929163
Nobody "wrote" anything.

It is a predicted astronomical event.
It has happened before.
It will happen again.

Nothing to do with God
BUT
If you want to feel thankful...Thank Newton, Galileo, and those that preceded them in Greek and Arabic math and science.

I gently disagree that it isn't special. They are not only special because most of us have opportunity to see so few, if any, in our lifetime, but they are absolutely awesome as phenomena. Which is why thousands/millions of people will spend a lot of money to go see one.

It is awesome to me that people can figure them out and know exactly where and when they will occur and exactly where people can experience a total eclipse hundreds of years down the road. That is an amazing things to me. My math skills are pathetic in comparison.

I simply don't understand how fellow Christians can be so resistant to actual science as they mark my opinions on this as 'disagree' or 'fake news.' But oh well. One even confused calculations of eclipses as 'evolution' which for sure they do not factor into that at all. :)
Of course it's special.
I never meant to imply otherwise.
But not Halley's comet special.
AND certainly not "word of God" special.

I just had to force my kids out the door to see it.
First they were bored
then totality came (we were in the path for 3.15 minutes.
and they got AWED

I videoed the event.

Some have said I am so old I was there when the "great flood" happened in the Bible but nobody has suggested (yet) that I was around before there were humans on Earth. But I rather think eclipses of the moon and sun were happening as long as there has been a sun and Earth's moon in our galaxy.

One interesting fact is a fairly recent school of thought called
'astroarcheology' or 'archeoastronomy' in which those who study really REALLY ancient history can use our now known dates of eclipses to better identify the specific point in time certain archeological artifacts, writing, etc. were produced. Eclipses were as rare a phenomenon--probably terrifying to ancient people--and they were noted/mentioned/described in ancient texts. By calculating the exact time that these people would have seen an eclipse where they were, we can now much more accurately date the manuscripts/artifacts they left behind.

Fascinating stuff to somebody like me.

Forum List

Back