How Does God Help a Broken Heart?

Time does heal all wounds.

Sooner or later you're going to croak and all pain will be gone.

Yeah either that or you just move on and get over it.

You don't really get over it. You learn to deal with it. I lost my oldest child at 16. It's been 23 years. I miss him, but sometimes I go several days without even thinking of him. When he does come to mind, it's almost always a happy thought.

I hit the bottle to drown my sorrows, hard. It didn't really help me, just made things worse and lost some friends in the process, nobody wants to be around a whiney drunk.

Thats why I always took a few valume when I got drunk. It put a stop to the whining pretty fast.

I hit the bottle to drown my sorrows, hard. It didn't really help me, just made things worse and lost some friends in the process, nobody wants to be around a whiney drunk.

Thats why I always took a few valume when I got drunk. It put a stop to the whining pretty fast.

I took a few vikodins when I was drinking Vodka one night, lets just say that didn't go so well for me.

You don't really get over it. You learn to deal with it. I lost my oldest child at 16. It's been 23 years. I miss him, but sometimes I go several days without even thinking of him. When he does come to mind, it's almost always a happy thought.

I am sorry for your loss my friend.

Oh, I remember those times. After, I would still have all the same problems, but I'd be hungover as well. And crashed the budget.

I was drinking a bottle of Vodka a day back than, and had several incidents and fights, I was starting to spiral out of control and I am lucky I didn't end up in prison.

No doubt.

I still remember my sister mixing, in a 4-cup measuring cup, one cup of coke and three cups of rum.

Im so sorry for your loss.

That has to be one of the hardest things in life to endure.

Oh, I remember those times. After, I would still have all the same problems, but I'd be hungover as well. And crashed the budget.

I was drinking a bottle of Vodka a day back than, and had several incidents and fights, I was starting to spiral out of control and I am lucky I didn't end up in prison.

No doubt.

I still remember my sister mixing, in a 4-cup measuring cup, one cup of coke and three cups of rum.

I was drinking Vodka straight at 1 point, no mixer or chaser, when you get to that point its really easy for things to unravel and go to shit.

Just wondering. Something awful happened last night and I still feel it's affects.

god does not help a broken heart.

You are the only one who can heal the wound sky. Breathe....and dont you let it turn into depression.

This is one i love: The litany against fear.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

No doubt.

I was drinking Vodka straight at 1 point, no mixer or chaser, when you get to that point its really easy for things to unravel and go to shit.

I left a local dive on a stretcher, once. Alcohol poisoning. Didn't learn then, either.

It took awhile.

No doubt.

I left a local dive on a stretcher, once. Alcohol poisoning. Didn't learn then, either.

It took awhile.

Yeah it usually does.

It took awhile.

Yeah it usually does.

That particular lesson was "Don't eat three Snickers minis, call them 'supper', and pound down several drinks."

I also remember back in the day, somebody asking me how many drinks I'd had the night before, and answering "17".

ZOMG!! Now half a wine cooler, and I'm tipsy. Criminy.

Last edited:
Just wanted to thank all of you for the sad, funny, irreverent, inspiring, warm, kind and caring responses to this thread.

I'm doing much better now. Nothing like two and a half hours of Focusing, and 5 hours with elementary school kids to put things in perspective.

You're all the best,

Sky

By giving us a new one.

The Lord wants us to give Him a broken heart and a contrite Spirit.

If your heart is truly broken, then speak to Him about it with faith. Believe that He can answer to and seek the knowledge for yourself. I can tell you that when you feel the love of God, you will heal.

Forum List

Back