How did you reach your conclusion

☭proletarian☭;1833913 said:
[
Where are you wrong?

Physics = philosophy
Read the thread again. I have been speaking of the division this whole time, you twit :cuckoo: If you recall, it was I who demonstrated why psychology is philosophy and not science,

"You are a sad strange little man. You have my pity."
~Buzz Lightyear:(

☭proletarian☭;1834081 said:
Optics? What are you reading?

Basically:
-We cannot know what is true or false, only whether a given model is useful. For instance: we cannot know that the person before us is truly sentient like ourselves. However, the simplest and most useful explanation for their actions and responses (considering all other information available to us, such as the fact that they appear to be biologically the same as us) is that they, too, are sentient agents. Thus, when constructing our model or understanding of the universe, we include the person before us not as a robot or a toy that repeats the same phrase over and over (politicians may be an exception), but as a sentient mind like ourselves. Similarly, we cannot know that we are sitting down and typing on a computer, posting to a site called USMB. It is possible that we are unconscious in the hospital and this is all a dream. However, the evidence available to us supports the first model/theory and there is no evidence to support the latter. Thus, we operate under the model that we're currently posting to USMB.

Ultimately, the entire model of the surrounding universe will boil down, if one continues, to accepting the input from our senses and operating under the model that they represent the world around us because it is a useful model (it allows to me interact with the surrounding universe as I perceive it) and there is no evidence to support any other theory or model to explain my experience of out senses.

Logical positivism is basically skepticism taken to the nth degree.

Just because YOU don't know how to interpret the environment around you doesn't mean others like me do not. Have a nice philosophically confused life.:confused:

[
Where are you wrong?

Physics = philosophy
Read the thread again. I have been speaking of the division this whole time, you twit :cuckoo: If you recall, it was I who demonstrated why psychology is philosophy and not science,

posts the idiot who thinks -cat=dog :lol:

Just because YOU don't know how to interpret the environment around you doesn't mean others like me do not. Have a nice philosophically confused life.:confused:
I know it's all over your head. Relax, you're just retarded.

remember, -cat=dog :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

☭proletarian☭;1834228 said:

posts the idiot who thinks -cat=dog :lol:

You know, if Turd Seeker would have thought about it for just a little bit, rather than going for the nearest thing handy, he wouldn't have come up with -cat is a dog.

Both have fur, claws, and eat other animals. They also breathe air and have necks.

Fish don't.

The -cat is fish.

You know, if Turd Seeker would have thought about it for just a little bit, rather than going for the nearest thing handy, he wouldn't have come up with -cat is a dog.

Both have fur, claws, and eat other animals. They also breathe air and have necks.

Fish don't.

The -cat is fish.

both are animals that live on earth and are made of matter

I gave him the answer in my first reply, the opposite of cat is anti-cat

Ya gotta start the simple minded off SIMPLE dude.

Turd Speaker (I call him that because he talks a lot of crap), is one of those that words with more than 3 syllables scares him.

Keep it around the "see Spot run, see Jane chase Dick" kind of thing and you may have a shot.

The bible says jesus spoke in parables to confuse people so they'd go to hell
Big time fail. The bible says the opposite. I'm calling you out on chapter and verse where it says that. :slap:

That's what jesus said

He taught that there was only one true religion. Many congregations are ok. but different doctrines are not.

You guys are just jealous because common sense is on my side. Your little berkely philosophy glee club is the only one who cares about your mincing of words.

Mark 4:10-12 (New International Version)

10When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that,
" 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'[a]"

Mark 4:10-12 - Passage Lookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

Yep......I concur.

Boomerang Epic Fail (BEF) Turd Speaker. You've just been pwned.

If god is willing nonse should perish, why would he speak to everyone but the 12 in parables so that they see and not perceive and hear but not understand (since he couldn't just say wheat he meant)- out of fear that they might otherwise repent and be forgiven? Why would their being saved be a bad thing, so that god would want to confuse them and prevent their salvation?

The Nicene Council didn't catch that when they were putting this thing together? Seriously, their editorial staff should have been fired.

☭proletarian☭;1834355 said:
The bible says jesus spoke in parables to confuse people so they'd go to hell
Big time fail. The bible says the opposite. I'm calling you out on chapter and verse where it says that. :slap:
Mark 4:10

What a terrible example of your claim. I'm going to use the same scripture to prove you wrong. I also appreciate that you give no background to the entire chapter and no explanation of why Jesus says what he says. Your ability to interpret scripture is really not. No wonder you don't believe the Bible, because you think it says a bunch of outragious things that it really doesn't say.

Here's what it actually says:
10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Ok here's your background; Jesus was giving a sermon to a "great multitude" by the shore of the sea of Galilee at this point. His doctrine was new and fresh to these Jews. He was also worried that by giving them too much information it would be misunderstood and go over their heads, so he taught them in parables, to make things easier for them to understand. Read the rest of the chapter and you will see this is true. It was only to the Apostles that he explained the parables in great detail because they were able to endure stronger meat.
NOWHERE in the entire chapter does he condemn those listeners to hell. That was an assumption YOU made, not what he actually said.
Try again. And don't quote things you don't believe in.

Mark 4:10-12 (New International Version)

10When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that,
" 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'[a]"

Mark 4:10-12 - Passage Lookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

Yep......I concur.

Boomerang Epic Fail (BEF) Turd Speaker. You've just been pwned.

On the contrary, read the rest of the chapter.

☭proletarian☭;1834395 said:
If god is willing nonse should perish, why would he speak to everyone but the 12 in parables so that they see and not perceive and hear but not understand (since he couldn't just say wheat he meant)- out of fear that they might otherwise repent and be forgiven? Why would their being saved be a bad thing, so that god would want to confuse them and prevent their salvation?

The Nicene Council didn't catch that when they were putting this thing together? Seriously, their editorial staff should have been fired.

You didn't read the rest of the scripture. You didn't read the rest of the Bible. This is clearly meant to paint a picture that some greenies are not ready for the stronger meat but need to wait. He also never said they were going to hell. He knew what they could handle and what they couldn't. That's why he had to start slow.

The Nicene council was a sham as far as I'm concerned. They had no authority to do what they did.

Also I see this thread has been completely derailed. I'll be signing off now. Come harass me in the The Truth about Mormons and I'll continue showing you your error in scriptural comprehension.

Here's what it actually says:
10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

NOWHERE in the entire chapter does he condemn those listeners to hell. That was an assumption YOU made, not what he actually said. .
Post the next two sentences, where he says that the reason for it is that they'll be confused and go to hell.

You didn't read the rest of the Bible.

I read the Pentateuch, Malachi, Job, a feew others of the OT, and the entire NT.

I got many good laughs and wondered why the Jews are so racist and homicidal.
The Nicene council was a sham as far as I'm concerned. They had no authority to do what they did.

Yet you recognize holy texts based on their choices?

Also I see this thread has been completely derailed. I'll be signing off now. Come harass me in the The Truth about Mormons and I'll continue showing you your error in scriptural comprehension.

:lol:

The truth about Mormons: A jackass lied and stupid people fell for it. They tested him by saying that a translation was lost and he was unable to translate the plate again because he was making it up.

Here's an intro to the Mormon religion that even you can understand

Forum List

Back