How did the Universe get here?

Let's just say that God is, and the Universe is...

...and leave it at that.

And while we're at it, let's get on with our lives as human beings and not savages created by a notion that God is a prescient being and the universe has a purpose.

...and leave it at that.

And while we're at it, let's get on with our lives as human beings and not savages created by a notion that God is a prescient being and the universe has a purpose.

I used to believe the purpose of the universe was to see how much pussy one could tag and bag..

True story.

When I was 8 years old, I asked my Sunday school teacher were GOD came from, (I know, could I be any more trite and hackneyed?) But, I did, being an innocent brown eyed kid with nothing to gain from it but ...honesty. My teacher told me to "wait until you get into heaven and ask GOD". That alone was the most profoundly disappointing answer I ever received, ever. If the universe is like a fine watch, and it had to have a maker, OK. WHO made the MAKER? WHO made the maker of the maker and the maker AFTER that? I don't want to disrespect religion, but you guys don't know GOD and religion is just dogma made up to support local dogmas. All it is, kids.

Mary, I can't speak for religions or dogma, but I know there is a spiritual God. What you are trying to do is imagine God as some kind of physical thing that required creating. Can you tell me what created gravity or energy? We have some very smart science types here who claim that gravity and energy have always existed. Some are claiming the universe always existed. But how can this possibly be if things have to be created? If gravity, energy and the universe did not have to be created and always existed, why can't God?

God is spiritual energy that has always existed. It is the force that created all that is physical. Now you can choose to believe the universe with gravity and energy always existed, but you are essentially believing in eternal immortality, or God. You just define God differently and that's okay, there are many incarnations.

When I was 8 years old, I asked my Sunday school teacher were GOD came from, (I know, could I be any more trite and hackneyed?) But, I did, being an innocent brown eyed kid with nothing to gain from it but ...honesty. My teacher told me to "wait until you get into heaven and ask GOD". That alone was the most profoundly disappointing answer I ever received, ever. If the universe is like a fine watch, and it had to have a maker, OK. WHO made the MAKER? WHO made the maker of the maker and the maker AFTER that? I don't want to disrespect religion, but you guys don't know GOD and religion is just dogma made up to support local dogmas. All it is, kids.

What right do you have to ask?

Who made MaryL?

Who made who made MaryL?

Looking back 2000 years ...who made the ancesters that made the folks that eventually spawned MaryL?

When you can answer those questions you have the right to demand who made god and not before.

Christians have a document which PROVES where god was at the time the earth was made... And you and yours?

Billions of people believe god created light and earth. How many believe in your quesions?

Next thing you will ask is if there was no god would your wall switch to the light in your room still work.

God is the great equalizer. He makes stupid people as smart as the brightest non believer.

Which is how it should be.

Hi there, how ya doin? My kids, and I used to believe in the Easter bunny once upon a time. And that red ensconced figure I LOVE so much, Santa Clause. I love Christmas. So, were DID GOD come from, anyway? You really don't know, do you? The answer is scary, the universe always existed and it didn't need a supreme being to create it. But you already knew that, didn't you?

...and leave it at that.

I used to believe the purpose of the universe was to see how much pussy one could tag and bag..

True story.

Dude... Everyone over the age of 35 'used to'.
:wink_2:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from divinity." -Arthur C. Clarke

Actually I think you are misquoting. The third law is, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.".

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=clarke%27s+third+law

The first two, if you care :
"1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."

I can certainly see how magic and divinity could be considered indistinguishable.

A fourth law has been added to the canon, despite Sir Arthur Clarke's declared intention of not going one better than Sir Isaac Newton. Geoff Holder quotes: "For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert" in his book 101 Things to Do with a Stone Circle (The History Press, 2009), and offers as his source, Arthur C. Clarke's Profiles of the Future (new edition, 1999).

I think that one was written for you, Moonbat.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from divinity." -Arthur C. Clarke

Once again boss exposes his complete and utter lack of any tiny shred of honesty and integrity by deliberately distorting a well known quotation to suit his religious agenda!

Clarke's Three Laws are three "laws" of prediction formulated by the British writer Arthur C. Clarke. They are:

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke's_three_laws

...and leave it at that.

True story.

Dude... Everyone over the age of 35 'used to'.
:wink_2:

Wait ... that's NOT what the universe is for?

(Cum-fused)

Can you prove that I deliberately distorted something, fucktard?

Didn't think so. Buh-bye!

You just proved it yourself with your vulgar response which speaks of a guilty conscience.

A normal response would have been to have posted a mea culpa and apologized for making a mistake.

But, as always, your inherent dishonesty never fails to reveal itself over and over again.

People have that choice of what road they go down, hardly vague.

If they are not fully aware of the choices, if they still believe some choices are "false" and NOT REALLY a choice to begin with, can you really expect them to understand and change their minds?

Doesn't it reason that if someone truly understands the full impact and context
of choices, of course, they will choose the one that serves the greatest good,
the one that solves the problem, or takes a logical step in the right direction.

So if they are not choosing what is best for themselves and others,
doesn't that already tell you that their understanding of the choices is limited.

How can we help make sure the choices are clear,
and the objections to the choices offered are resolved, so those
fear or problems "don't get in the way" of making the best choices in life.

How can we be better stewards to help all our neighbors to
protect the best interests equally of themselves and all others?

I responded to the comment that the scripture was vague and I responded it's hardly vague. According to the bible everyone accepts or rejects God. like it or not that is true . God said he will consider the ignorant to the choice.That was the purpose when the bible said that the good news will be preached in all lands then the end will come and that has been accomplished. I was not trying to change anyones mind just made a comment.

I believe as God does according to his word is that we all sleep in the bed we make for ourselves.

Forum List

Back