How did the Universe get here?

I base my conclusions on years of investigation. First, I was born into christianity and told the lie from when I was very young. Then my parents didn't force us to go to church every sunder but we went on christmas, easter, baptisms and weddings. Then I got into it after college but then as an adult figured out that all man made religions are bullshit. Came up with completely on my own. Maybe I asked around and got other peoples input first, but eventually I just had a personal relationship with this god. It never dawned on me there was no god. That's pretty stupid despite all I'm going on is what a corrupt church has told us is true for 2000 years. Not only that, shit that couldn't possibly be true. I never really thought about it that much. Then I ran into some atheists who showed me some of the greatest atheist speakers. Oh yea, and before that George Carlin. He is a big reason I'm an atheist. Remember his routine about how religion is the greatest bullshit story ever told? So funny and so true.

Anyways, I almost feel sorry for you guys. I would feel sorry for you but actually I feel sorry for me because I have to live with you fools. There are too many sheep in this world. Anyone who believes in god is a sheep not a shepherd. Actually I take that back because a lot of smart people believe in god.

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalise world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

I'm not buying your story. I don't believe you've ever personally known God. I think you are a typical low-life liberal punk who doesn't like religious morality messing up your immoral social life. Because gays can't marry, women can't kill their babies and you can't do drugs, you've decided a war has to be waged on God. You've decided it's a clever strategy to pretend you were this "god-fearing christian" who suddenly saw the light and wised up. It makes rational sense in your mind that if other people buy your bullshit story, maybe they will abandon God.

Aside from your convoluted mindless blather that seems to sometimes incoherently change in mid-sentence, all you've done is post garbage from atheist blogs. The bottom line is, you're not smart enough to know God. You are a somewhat amusing little monkey playing with his feces, but a man of vision, intelligence and clarity, you are not.

Want proof you might have swallowed a lie? Look at the little muslim boys and girls in afganistan right now praying 5 times a day to Allah. If you were born there you'd be praying to Allah too, not Jesus Christ. So it seems you would swallow any lie you are born into. Don't be upset though because you are just one of the typical masses or sheep of the world.

FYI: There are Christians in Afghanistan, believe it or not.

...just one of the typical masses...

Yes, it is typical of humans to believe in something greater than self. We represent the overwhelming majority of humanity. We always have and we always will. You represent a small insignificant sliver of society who will continue to try and subvert morality for your own personal gratification and indulgence. God has assured us your type will always and forever be in our midst, there is nothing we can do to change that. We can only hope that through the grace of God, your soul can be saved. And as impossible as that might seem, it happens all the time.

I disagree you always will.

I base my conclusions on years of investigation. First, I was born into christianity and told the lie from when I was very young. Then my parents didn't force us to go to church every sunder but we went on christmas, easter, baptisms and weddings. Then I got into it after college but then as an adult figured out that all man made religions are bullshit. Came up with completely on my own. Maybe I asked around and got other peoples input first, but eventually I just had a personal relationship with this god. It never dawned on me there was no god. That's pretty stupid despite all I'm going on is what a corrupt church has told us is true for 2000 years. Not only that, shit that couldn't possibly be true. I never really thought about it that much. Then I ran into some atheists who showed me some of the greatest atheist speakers. Oh yea, and before that George Carlin. He is a big reason I'm an atheist. Remember his routine about how religion is the greatest bullshit story ever told? So funny and so true.

Anyways, I almost feel sorry for you guys. I would feel sorry for you but actually I feel sorry for me because I have to live with you fools. There are too many sheep in this world. Anyone who believes in god is a sheep not a shepherd. Actually I take that back because a lot of smart people believe in god.

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalise world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

I'm not buying your story. I don't believe you've ever personally known God. I think you are a typical low-life liberal punk who doesn't like religious morality messing up your immoral social life. Because gays can't marry, women can't kill their babies and you can't do drugs, you've decided a war has to be waged on God. You've decided it's a clever strategy to pretend you were this "god-fearing christian" who suddenly saw the light and wised up. It makes rational sense in your mind that if other people buy your bullshit story, maybe they will abandon God.

Aside from your convoluted mindless blather that seems to sometimes incoherently change in mid-sentence, all you've done is post garbage from atheist blogs. The bottom line is, you're not smart enough to know God. You are a somewhat amusing little monkey playing with his feces, but a man of vision, intelligence and clarity, you are not.

Want proof you might have swallowed a lie? Look at the little muslim boys and girls in afganistan right now praying 5 times a day to Allah. If you were born there you'd be praying to Allah too, not Jesus Christ. So it seems you would swallow any lie you are born into. Don't be upset though because you are just one of the typical masses or sheep of the world.

Yes, it is typical of humans to believe in something greater than self. We represent the overwhelming majority of humanity. We always have and we always will. You represent a small insignificant sliver of society who will continue to try and subvert morality for your own personal gratification and indulgence. God has assured us your type will always and forever be in our midst, there is nothing we can do to change that. We can only hope that through the grace of God, your soul can be saved. And as impossible as that might seem, it happens all the time.

In U.S., 3 in 10 Say They Take the Bible Literally

It won't be overnight but just like the 999 religions before Christianity, Jew & Muslims, these religions will die too.

Unfortunately it'll be another 400 years of idiots like you still pontificating and believe even though we throw out the bible and torah and korans and old testament. You'll start a new church but somehow after the Enlightenment period we're going through right now, I don't think you're going to get the number of followers you once got when people were dumber. You're old right? Yea, set in your ways. Who cares what you think gramps.

Belief in God Low Among Young Americans

Ironic!

:lmao:

DECELERATION ALERT!

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] [MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]

You are a pathological liar, a snake.

Shut up.

Everyone on this board can see that you are intentionally misrepresenting me, you lying ass dog, you lowlife, you craven, pathetic excuse of manhood. You're merely trying to cover your stupidity.

Everyone on this board knows precisely what I'm talking about and sees your song and dance for the pathetic pretense that it is.

Look everybody, what we have here is, essentially, a thief, a liar trying steal my credibility, caught red-handed, making baby talk about the size of things, more at cosmic geometry, by the way, when the point being made goes to the FINITE AGE of the cosmos . . . now trying to cover his stupidity with grand larceny, not once, but repeatedly, when the matter is now beyond all misunderstanding whatsoever . . . sort of like these hyenas:

Two inept thieves who are caught stealing beach canopy on camera try to attack owner | Mail Online

Go ahead, punk, keep digging that hole.

Pay attention:

So you don't trust Hawking,how bout Nasa ?

Recent measurements (c. 2001) by a number of ground-based and balloon-based experiments, including MAT/TOCO, Boomerang, Maxima, and DASI, have shown that the brightest spots are about 1 degree across. Thus the universe was known to be flat to within about 15% accuracy prior to the WMAP results. WMAP has confirmed this result with very high accuracy and precision. We now know (as of 2013) that the universe is flat with only a 0.4% margin of error. This suggests that the Universe is infinite in extent; however, since the Universe has a finite age, we can only observe a finite volume of the Universe. All we can truly conclude is that the Universe is much larger than the volume we can directly observe.

WMAP- Shape of the Universe

Hence, the link I provided in the above. Once again: Observable universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You contemptible piece of shit.

Irony? A pathological liar complaining about a well-deserved tongue lashing?

Sociopath!

No shit. Lets just look at the question he/she/it asked me.

"are you conceding the fact that the construct of an eternally subsistent consciousness of origin objectively exists in and of itself, i.e., the potentiality universally imposes itself on our minds without our willing that it do so?"

Ok, after reading it 5 times I'm starting to maybe understand. Nope. I tried to break it down and I still don't know what the fuck this bitch just asked me.

First Principles of Origination 101, you rube. Elementary. You have no idea how embarrassingly stupid the admission of your inability to grasp the question shows you to be. Another unexamined life, an empty vessel, a waste of time and space. . . .

Here, let me help you, slow slope: Prufrock's Cave

You can doubt my sincerity all you want it doesn't change the fact that I'm being completely honest.

I think our honesty upsets you god believers. Sorry.

And remember, you guys think we are militant when all we do is debate passionately. It is us who has to put up with your side threatening us with eternal damnation. Makes you guys look even stupider than you already are.

I think attacking the stupidity we call religion is the best option. Sugar coating it or being nice doesn't seem to work. So, I'll go to hell and you can suck my dick. :badgrin:

You're not debating. A debate is when you submit objective evidence to support your arguments, and all you've submitted are the opinions of other atheists. What you are doing is called grandstanding. You're not attacking stupidity, you are showing stupidity.

I've never threatened you with eternal damnation, I have no idea what you are talking about. But honesty is not something that is important to your objective here. If it were, you'd realize that you already admitted days ago, that you believe in a spiritual nature, you just call it "karma" where others call it God.

It won't be overnight but just like the 999 religions before Christianity, Jew & Muslims, these religions will die too.

Unfortunately it'll be another 400 years of idiots like you still pontificating and believe even though we throw out the bible and torah and korans and old testament. You'll start a new church but somehow after the Enlightenment period we're going through right now, I don't think you're going to get the number of followers you once got when people were dumber. You're old right? Yea, set in your ways. Who cares what you think gramps.

It won't happen as long as man exists. Religions may die and new ones will emerge to take their place. If you want to tell yourself something else, that's fine. I understand you need to feel as if you are working toward an achievable objective. In fact, not only will human spiritual belief never be stamped out, it will remain predominate among humans. More humans will always be spiritual than non-spiritual. It's a fundamental human attribute.

If it makes you feel better to call me names or make fun of me being old, I also understand that. People who are frustrated in their attempts to prove nonsensical arguments often resort to this.

I don't think you're going to get the number of followers you once got when people were dumber.

Didn't you just point out that intellect has nothing to do with belief in God? You are a walking-talking contradiction.

...after the Enlightenment period we're going through right now.

Let me explain what we have going on right now... it's not Enlightenment. We're going through a technological period of advancement which has given us a worldwide medium so that any abject moron can get on daily and filibuster nonsense. As time goes by, you will see fewer and fewer people consumed with pontificating their lame opinions on forums such as this. Reason being, there will be fewer and fewer people out there reading them.

Curious thing about "generations" ...what your generation believes is "cool and hip" the next generation tends to not think so as much. So while you may see a surge in the number of hipsters who profess this new science atheism today, there is not a guarantee that will be "in vogue" tomorrow. It may very well be, the next generation of youngsters return to wholesome values and virtue in order to be "cool and trendy" ...bucking the old farts like you will then be.

every time you open you yap to deny God's existence, are you not necessarily conceding the fact that the construct of an eternally subsistent consciousness of origin objectively exists in and of itself, i.e., the potentiality universally imposes itself on our minds without our willing that it do so, or are you just pulling on our legs?

"

What the fuck did you just ask me? In English please. I mean seriously, re read what you just wrote and tell me if even you can make sense of what the fuck you just said...retard.

Seriously buddy, what the fuck did you just say? I mean, I keep re reading it and I know you are trying to come off as clever in debating the existence of your imaginary friend but really I'm even more confused after reading your blathering rant.
/shrugs.....I asked you for a link...apparently that confused you too, since you still haven't provided one.....

In U.S., 3 in 10 Say They Take the Bible Literally

Belief in God Low Among Young Americans

Hmm,kinda confirms prophecy from the book many have little respect for.

Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate. The gate to destruction is wide, and the road that leads there is easy to follow. A lot of people go through that gate.
Mat 7:14 But the gate to life is very narrow. The road that leads there is so hard to follow that only a few people find it.

Prophesy is easy!

Keep your predictions vague and have an understanding of the sociopathic nature of creatures who are among the first to begin pushing actual Sentience out of a rich and dynamic biosphere built on dog-eat-dog survival of the most fit.

Monkeys look at what's in it for them, and the path of least resistance. Unless passion takes over. Passion makes Monkeys give and that's one of the things that makes Monkeys different.

Strange how 'God' seems to bless the passionate.

:eusa_whistle:

Prophesy is easy!

Keep your predictions vague and have an understanding of the sociopathic nature of creatures who are among the first to begin pushing actual Sentience out of a rich and dynamic biosphere built on dog-eat-dog survival of the most fit.

Monkeys look at what's in it for them, and the path of least resistance. Unless passion takes over. Passion makes Monkeys give and that's one of the things that makes Monkeys different.

Passion makes Monkeys give and that's one of the things that makes Monkeys different.

so untrue, no creature alive is without passion, "giving" or not is universal to all that lives.

Prophesy is easy!

People have that choice of what road they go down, hardly vague.

Prophesy is easy!

BIBLE PROPHECY WRITTEN OVER 3000 YEAR AGO gives us in great detail what these last days will be like and what events will come to pass down to the very words some world leaders will speak.

Prophesy is easy!

BIBLE PROPHECY WRITTEN OVER 3000 YEAR AGO gives us in great detail what these last days will be like and what events will come to pass down to the very words some world leaders will speak.

Many think that because prophecy of the new testament was written after Christ died on the cross is not considered real prophecy but what they fail to understand there was old testament prophecies that completely are in line with the new testament prophecies. Daniel was spot on and the book of Daniel gave dates when Israel would become a nation again after the destruction of Israel when Jesus predicted their destruction.

Last edited:
You're not debating. A debate is when you submit objective evidence to support your arguments, and all you've submitted are the opinions of other atheists. What you are doing is called grandstanding. You're not attacking stupidity, you are showing stupidity.

I've never threatened you with eternal damnation, I have no idea what you are talking about. But honesty is not something that is important to your objective here. If it were, you'd realize that you already admitted days ago, that you believe in a spiritual nature, you just call it "karma" where others call it God.

I thought a debate was when you blab, incessantly about God, then call someone a stupid, low-life, immoral, Liberal punk?

Jesus would be SO proud, I'm sure.

That type of insult is a disgrace to the good book. I would apologize if I had said something like that, even though I'm a non-believer - out of respect for the Christian god, if nothing else - something that seems to elude you in your pursuit of chastising Liberals.

Can't wait for your insult-laden excuse as to why you think that it is OK to talk to another person this way.

Furthermore, why did it take a non-christian to call you out? I can't imagine that this went over very well with your Christian brothers and sisters....

:doubt:

Last edited:
Prophesy is easy!

Not really, the "prophesies" you speak of are very vague and subject to interpretation.

Mag and Magog are actual countries???

Oh look, Cabbie's changed his avatar! Looks like you've been playing in your shit again.

You know, I would love to respond to all your false allegations but you're a troll, and I don't waste my time on trolls. I think I'll log off USMB for now and go play with my grandkids before one of them asks me about what that woman's doing in your sig again. Maybe if others would join me in complaining to the Admins, we could get that sexually offensive material removed?

Have a nice day! :)

Forum List

Back