Hey Mr President what happened to revising the 14th and ending birthright citizenship?

Racists, bigots, and other forms of irrational cowards are of no use to anyone. America doesn't need such weak trash. They are a detriment to society and do not deserve to live in America, much less enjoy citizenship.

There is no way in hell they can get the 14th amendment codicil...Not enough votes...

Why not..it’s actually a no-brainer...
The Citizenship Clause of the 14th Amendment states, “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state where they reside.”

By its own terms, the language in the amendment precludes the notion of universal automatic birthright citizenship. It would have been quite simple for the language to exclude “and subject to the jurisdiction thereof” to accomplish the goal of bestowing citizenship on any child born in the United States no matter the status of their parents. The 14th Amendment’s addition of a jurisdictional requirement to the territorial requirement, however, denies any interpretation that birth alone grants citizenship.

Counter to this logic, proponents of universal automatic birthright citizenship claim that those born in the United States necessarily are subject to the jurisdiction of the country. However, this renders the language “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” superfluous. Why would the drafters of the 14th Amendment include this qualifier at all if it was met simply by virtue of being born in the United States? The legislative history outlined below will make clear that the addition of “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” was designed specifically to make sure the people granted citizenship did not have divided political loyalties.

There is no way in hell they can get the 14th amendment codicil...Not enough votes...

Why not..it’s actually a no-brainer...
The Citizenship Clause of the 14th Amendment states, “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state where they reside.”

By its own terms, the language in the amendment precludes the notion of universal automatic birthright citizenship. It would have been quite simple for the language to exclude “and subject to the jurisdiction thereof” to accomplish the goal of bestowing citizenship on any child born in the United States no matter the status of their parents. The 14th Amendment’s addition of a jurisdictional requirement to the territorial requirement, however, denies any interpretation that birth alone grants citizenship.

Counter to this logic, proponents of universal automatic birthright citizenship claim that those born in the United States necessarily are subject to the jurisdiction of the country. However, this renders the language “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” superfluous. Why would the drafters of the 14th Amendment include this qualifier at all if it was met simply by virtue of being born in the United States? The legislative history outlined below will make clear that the addition of “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” was designed specifically to make sure the people granted citizenship did not have divided political loyalties.
The problem with it is it doesn't make the exclusion over the person who is born in the US that the birth must be from citizen parents.

Just like the Constitution states that all laws and rights are afforded to anyone in US territory because of a Due Process clause in the 14th.

To the proponents of birthright citizenship; you show up to your vacation home to find a family has been squatting there, you’re able to have most of the family removed but two of the children were born in your home while you were away and they now have a right to your home...Do you support the kids staying in your home?

Let me guess, totally different right?

To the proponents of birthright citizenship; you show up to your vacation home to find a family has been squatting there, you’re able to have most of the family removed but two of the children were born in your home while you were away and they now have a right to your home...Do you support the kids staying in your home?

The states make the laws about squatting and how to litigate.

You believed him?

I definitely believed HIM.
I know for a fact that he hates wetbacks and the usage of the 14th...the sackless pussies of the GOP talked him off the issue I’m sure.
Wow, what an awful person you seem to be. A terrible mixture of racism and misogyny.
Perhaps this country isn't a good fit for you?
I hear they have plenty of space for your kind in.................Russia. Have you ever considered?

except when he made his immigrant wife's parents citizens ....

You really need to find your balls and learn to understand the differences between those from Slovenia and thirdworld cockroaches destined to be our pet humans.
Us real, legitimate Americans aren’t against good quality human beings migrating to the U.S.
so whats your definition of a "good quality human being"?......

I'll play...
A "good quality human being" is an asset to society...they are self funded positive contributors, they only have children that they themselves can fund...they exhaust all effort in raising their children, they are law abiding, moral and decent.
They're basically everything that today's Mexicrats are not.
there are many people who are law abiding, moral and decent.....but then they may not be the skin tone you are looking for...

Like intelligent people do; I prefer to build my stereotype around the percentile worth talking about...Bleeding heart fools like to build theirs around the percentile that nobody gives to fucks about.
intelligent people usually are not racist....but then you wouldnt know about that would you?...now answer my question....why should you turn in those people anonymously?....what are you scared off?...

The states make the laws about squatting and how to litigate.

We aren’t talking about laws...we’re talking about whether or not you would support these children having a right to your home.
There is no law that would allow such a thing to happen because if there were it would derive from total retardation...Are you starting to get it?

Real Americans do not and have not benefited by the terrible misinterpretation of the 14th. This retarded bullshit has gone on for way too long...Don’t let this one die on the vine..write whatever EO you have to, go full dictator on this one...make it happen Donny!

It is being interpreted correctly. You don't have to be a attorney as it is plain English. Anyone born in the US IS a citizen except for those born to diplomats. Interesting how you want Republican judges to legislate from the bench.

You really need to find your balls and learn to understand the differences between those from Slovenia and thirdworld cockroaches destined to be our pet humans.
Us real, legitimate Americans aren’t against good quality human beings migrating to the U.S.
so whats your definition of a "good quality human being"?......

I'll play...
A "good quality human being" is an asset to society...they are self funded positive contributors, they only have children that they themselves can fund...they exhaust all effort in raising their children, they are law abiding, moral and decent.
They're basically everything that today's Mexicrats are not.
there are many people who are law abiding, moral and decent.....but then they may not be the skin tone you are looking for...

Like intelligent people do; I prefer to build my stereotype around the percentile worth talking about...Bleeding heart fools like to build theirs around the percentile that nobody gives to fucks about.
intelligent people usually are not racist....but then you wouldnt know about that would you?...now answer my question....why should you turn in those people anonymously?....what are you scared off?...

Harry you’re trying too hard to be clever...I said that iCE knows me by name...Wouldn’t that mean that I’m not requesting anonymity?

You believed him?

I know for a fact that he hates wetbacks and the usage of the 14th...the sackless pussies of the GOP talked him off the issue I’m sure.

Racist cockroaches like you we don't need.

Real Americans do not and have not benefited by the terrible misinterpretation of the 14th. This retarded bullshit has gone on for way too long...Don’t let this one die on the vine..write whatever EO you have to, go full dictator on this one...make it happen Donny!
Lol it’s adorable how you still think Trump can undo this with an EO. It’s also laughable you think he can accomplish much of anything beyond EO’s.

Nope and and the idea that Trump requires congressional approval to defend the border is absurd. The obstructionist Democrat line is nothing more than static to cover for the inaction of the executive.

Ref. Operation Wetback. No congressional approval was sought or required.

You need Congressional approval to spend money on a wall.

The 14th was never meant to be anything other than the children of slaves it was designed for.

Allegiance is what its all about and if the SC ever hears the case that's what will decide it.
Maybe, but the verbage they used is stupidly open ended.

Yup but its all about which country you owe your allegiance to.

One guy on this board explained it quite well. Can't remember who but he had it down pat.

The keys to understanding Birthright Citizenship:
  • The plain meaning of the 14th Amendment means that one must BOTH be born in United States AND be subject to the jurisdiction thereof. Since there are two explicit requirements, they both cannot be met by simply being born on U.S. soil.
  • The history of the drafting of the 14th Amendment makes clear that the language “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” meant a citizen could not owe allegiance to any other foreign power. This excludes illegal immigrants who are in defiance of U.S. jurisdiction and are citizens of a foreign power.
  • The Supreme Court has never held that the children of illegal immigrants born in the United States are automatically citizens.
  • Because the Supreme Court has not interpreted the Constitution to mandate automatic birthright citizenship, the Congress can pass a law to correct the current misguided and incorrect policy of automatically granting citizenship to children of illegal immigrants.

The key to your lies:
1. The 14th Amendment says 'under the jurisdiction of". It says nothing about allegiances. These people can be held accountable for their actions under the jurisdiction of individual state laws and federal laws.

2. Thank you for proving point 1. If they can be charged then they are under the jurisdiction of the US. The bottom line is the language is simple. If they meant something else then they should have worded it differently.

3. The Supreme Court has done exactly that. In "United States v. Wong Kim Ark" in 1989, the Supreme Court held,
"the Fourteenth Amendment affirms the ancient and fundamental rule of citizenship by birth within the territory, in the allegiance and under the protection of the country, including all children here born of resident aliens, with the exceptions or qualifications (as old as the rule itself) of children of foreign sovereigns or their ministers, or born on foreign public ships, or of enemies within and during a hostile occupation of part of our territory, and with the single additional exception of children of members of the Indian tribes owing direct allegiance to their several tribes. The Amendment, in clear words and in manifest intent, includes the children born, within the territory of the United States, of all other persons, of whatever race or color, domiciled within the United States. Every citizen or subject of another country, while domiciled here, is within the allegiance and the protection, and consequently subject to the jurisdiction, of the United States. His allegiance to the United States is direct and immediate, and, although but local and temporary, continuing only so long as he remains within our territory, is yet, in the words of Lord Coke in Calvin's Case, 7 Rep. 6a, "strong enough to make a natural subject, for if he hath issue here, that issue is a natural-born subject;" and his child, as said by Mr. Binney in his essay before quoted, "if born in the country, is as much a citizen as the natural-born child of a citizen, and by operation of the same principle."

4. The Congress cannot pass a law nor can Trump issue a EO to end birthright citizenship.

Agreed.

You believed him?

How is the US benefiting from bringing in the parents of a gold digger and an "ex" whore ?

Offhand, I'd say that "Donny" has been kept pretty busy with other things these past couple of years, thanks to the Left. Maybe after the election.

Forum List

Back