Here It Is---Trump's New Food Stamp Plan: A Basket Of U.S. Food, Direct To Your Doorstep!

I have a friend who works at a grocery & she says the ebt people can buy tons of sugar crap drinks & snacks with zero nutritional value.

Ive seen people I know who are on crack/heroin swapping food for cash so they can buy more drugs. There's definitely problems. But bringing canned crapola to distribution centers limits the transportation issue and sheer amount of food say an elderly or disabled person can carry. Not to mention a rise in disease that eating more processed food will cause.

Kill kill kill kill kill the poor......

The overall diet of the American people is a disaster (myself included)

Why should we expect the poor to do any better?
We shouldn't expect it. We should require it.

If they're getting it free, the givers hold the strings. And since the givers are the same people getting stuck with the tab of poor sick people, it would behoove said givers to require standards of food least likely to render the poor sick.

It's called logic. So few in government are acquainted with the concept.

I really don't care

To me....200 bucks a month is 200 bucks a month
I don't care if you spend it on healthy organic food or $200 worth of Doritos

What do you want? A nanny state?
If you offer $200 of anything, you already have a nanny state.

I really don't care

No fucker. I want a state where an expensive food program doesn't render out into an even more expensive healthcare loss. Again: it's called logic & wise investing. You want another deficit from stupid planning?

We have pigs chickens & goats who can live off of municipal wastes. We have fallow municipal lands that could be converted to truck produce farms. The wastes from the farms also can feed pigs chickens & goats for protein & eggs. These direct & fresh food sources will improve the health of the poor, cost less & cost less in healthcare.

Unless you're a lobbiest for the junk food industry keen on retaining subsidies for your company at the gross expense of everyone. Got stock in Frito lay rightwinger? :popcorn:

Last edited:
I really don't care

No fucker. I want a state where an expensive food program doesn't render out into an even more expensive healthcare loss. Again: it's called logic & wise investing. You want another deficit from stupid planning?

We have pigs chickens & goats who can live off of municipal wastes. We have fallow municipal lands that could be converted to truck produce farms. The wastes from the farms also can feed pigs chickens & goats for protein & eggs. These direct & fresh food sources will improve the health of the poor, cost less & cost less in healthcare.

Unless you're a lobbiest for the junk food industry keen on retaining subsidies for your company at the gross expense of everyone. Got stock in Frito lay rightwinger? :popcorn:

Nanny state

You take a $4000 a child tax deduction....maybe the state should monitor how you are feeding them

Nanny state

You take a $4000 a child tax deduction....maybe the state should monitor how you are feeding them
That's a general tax deduction. We're talking about a nutrition program specifically. Would you argue that federal funding for education could also be spent on ponies at the track? Or are you going to quit shilling or lobbying for your stake in Frito-Lay continuing to get subsidies via the ebt program?

Nanny state

That's a general tax deduction. We're talking about a nutrition program specifically. Would you argue that federal funding for education could also be spent on ponies at the track? Or are you going to quit shilling or lobbying for your stake in Frito-Lay continuing to get subsidies via the ebt program?

Its a tax deduction specifically to you
What if you are taking that $4000 deduction and using it to buy crack?

Lousy plan. The grocery store shelves would be looking like Venezuela within twenty years and the people who are doing the most bitching now about the poor will wondering what happen to all those products they used to be able to buy at the local grocery store if the local grocery store survives it all.

There was no Welfare in (as I can recall) the late 1940s and the early 50s. In New York there was a program called Home Relief, which was manifest in the form of store-front Centers located in depressed areas of the City. People who were in need of assistance would go to their Center and be interviewed by an Investigator who determined their eligibility. If they needed rent money it was paid directly to the landlord by their Investigator. If they needed cash their eligibility was likewise determined and disbursed by the Investigator. Medical care was provided via the City's Health Department if there was legitimate need.

These Centers also were food banks where boxes of food were provided to those in genuine need. The Centers also conducted weekly cooking classes which taught the most economical use of the distributed food items. My aunt worked at the Red Hook Home Relief Center. Her title was "Counselor." Her job was ordering food items, packing and distributing boxes, and teaching a weekly cooking class on how to make the most of pasta, rice, lentils, beans, etc.

The very character of those Centers was obviously shaped by the Great Depression which spawned them. Compare their very nature to the present Welfare entity which consists of mailing out monthly checks and handing out booklets of food stamps. Clearly missing from the existing system is the social element which operated to charitably provide hand-to-hand assistance to the genuinely needy and deserving. It has been replaced by what is best described as a recognized and accepted Welfare class.

Last edited:
How about actual stamps for certain foods you use as a coupon? Bread, milk, eggs, cheese, canned fruits and veg
I agree vouchers for those things. You can go to any grocery store or farmers market.

For chrissakes Mr. Trump, you're a fucking billionaire. Find something better to do with your time than dream up insane schemes to fuck with the poor people.

Our society rewards scams from the underproductive
To liberals our requirements that success comes from work and caring for those under your wing IS cruel and unusual punishment

This is what the Right ultimately envisions for America's poor:

1025045177.jpg

I love it. The plan is winning!
Hopefully, this will avoid shopping carts full of stealing, lobster and junk food.I’m for it!

Trump’s new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep
Come on. We are talking about Republicans.

You don't seriously think Republicans would give anyone a basket of real food do you? They are Republicans. They would send out a basket of sh!t. Because that's what Republicans do. It's who they are. The honest ones admit it.

Once again, Trump is doing the right thing!

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Progressives will, of course, complain about this and find fault

Why do our friends on the left want poor people to go hungry?

LINK??

Once again, Trump is doing the right thing!

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Progressives will, of course, complain about this and find fault

Why do our friends on the left want poor people to go hungry?

Have you even bothered to consider the logistics in doing something like this? Home delivery of food baskets? Who's gonna deliver them, and how often?
Yep this is another kindergarten idea from the child in chief.

I think Trump believes that the government can deliver like Amazon does. If that was the case, then why the miserable response to Puerto Rico?

Puerto Rico had infrastructure problems well before the Hurricane hit. Primarily decades of Lack of maintenance to their power grid and water system. I'm not going to bother with the links, anyone can look it up.
Hurricane response is not meant to replace what should have been taken care of for years, through proper diligence of elected officials.

As far as the food program goes, I don't really think a delivery system would work though, people still need to pick it up. There needs to be another method of eliminating the fraud I think

Forum List

Back