Here It Is---Trump's New Food Stamp Plan: A Basket Of U.S. Food, Direct To Your Doorstep!

With Trump you have to watch closely. He is brilliant. He can still feed the serfs but cut out the funding for the billionaire poverty pimps that oppose him. Handing out fresh healthy food defunds Chase and Kroger’s and Pepsi and the huge deep state beauracratic web of tax payer sucking beuracrats and still feeds the helpless single mothers.
Trump is always playing 5D chess while liberals play checkers.
Nope he is claiming he will give them canned foodstuffs..5D nope he just a cruel and unusual asshat..

Why is that cruel?

You guys wanted a nanny state, let the government pick the food welfare stamp people eat.

Once again, Trump is doing the right thing!

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Progressives will, of course, complain about this and find fault

Why do our friends on the left want poor people to go hungry?

Where's the fun in helping the poor if you can't boss them around a bit?

We know Trump and Bezos hate each other but Amazon is claiming they can deliver groceries in two hours so let them bid on the program along with Fed-Ex, UPS, and USPS. When I had a First Data franchise, I sold EBT to retailers and therefore know a little about it. Will poor people eat vegetables? Of course they will...but many live in areas that are so crime-ridden, a normal grocery stored can't exist. So they buy junk food through plexiglass windows from Koreans (it used to be Jews which explains black hatred for the Yids) or Middle Easterners armed to the teeth. As to fraud, there is only a "strike one" selling booze, cigs, or other non-food items to EBT card holders. If caught, they get no appeal, the President couldn't help them...they lose their terminal and all credit/debit privileges FOREVER...it's called being "TMFed" or Terminated Merchant File. Now they are a cash only business and thus at higher risk to be robbed because they have to keep enough cash on hand to break big bills. They are in essence, out of business. If the owner's wife tries to put the account in her name, she get's TMFed. In the old Cardservice International days, there had been only a handful who had privileges restored and instead of an interchange of 1.79%, they paid 4% or higher. Now, there are processors who never look into their customers' activities or much care what they use the system for. And USDA regularly catches them and puts them out of business. It's real simple.....you help people get food when they're hungry or they'll rob somebody to get that money....would you let your kids starve? I like this idea....get healthy fruits and vegetables, canned tuna, powdered milk, beans and nuts etc. to those in need with the caveat they report once a month who they talked to about getting work. Benefits for single people should last one year max. Oh, and if you have a drug conviction, you won't get EBT so if you're using, somewhere down the line you may pay more than you realize if you get caught.

Last edited:
How about actual stamps for certain foods you use as a coupon? Bread, milk, eggs, cheese, canned fruits and veg
One-time-shot Plastic Debit Cards are a helluva lot cheaper than 'stamps' - closer to being fraud-proof, as well... stamps don't have mag-stripes for validation...

So, tell us again, why inventing a whole new bureaucracy for handling the massive logistics for this, represent a cost savings?

The USDA got out of the Gubmint Cheese and Peanut Butter bidness ages ago... with good reason.
Because you can fire the old, bloated one.
Really?

Let's say the existing (you call it old) one has 10,000 staff to ride herd on the beast.

You resurrect the REALLY old one (commodities) and you'll need 100,000 staff to pull it off; not to mention vast warehouses, fleets of trucks and walk-in freezers, etc.

No thank you.
Awwww --- think of all the jobs you created.
At taxpayer expense? No thank you.

How about actual stamps for certain foods you use as a coupon? Bread, milk, eggs, cheese, canned fruits and veg
One-time-shot Plastic Debit Cards are a helluva lot cheaper than 'stamps' - closer to being fraud-proof, as well... stamps don't have mag-stripes for validation...

True, but what they are doing now is finding a new way to beat the system.

A few months ago I was in my grocery store line and a lowlife approached me. He asked if he could buy around $30.00 of my food using his food stamps, and I would purchase my items back from him after we check out for $20.00.

He gets the 20 and I save ten bucks. Of course I told him to go pound a salt bag, but he found somebody in the line next to me willing to save the ten bucks.

An example of why this abuse has to stop.

Lobster%20and%20Steak.jpg

Yeah, I worked as a carhop in the 1970's for a grocery store.. and a big cadillac pulls in and they ask for a box of filet mignon steak and gave me food stamps. so yes there is abuse..

But

Another time, I worked as a visiting nurse for a crippled vet who had 0 food... I cooked as much as I could and put it in the freezer.. He was poor.
This man fought in Vietnam.. why are you so tied up in the ones who abuse it?
There are so many who truly need it.

Maybe we need more workers to go out and actually check on the persons situation.

Yes, there are people that actually need food assistance, but how do we decipher those who need it and those who don't?

Here is my beef: I see some 300 lbs pig with four kids get in line. I'm behind her and she loads the belt full of food stamp items. She also loads her beer, wine, huge bags of dog food, cat litter, perfume, candles, greeting cards.

When it comes time to pay, the register separates food stamp items from cash items, so she pays the food items with the card, and then whips out a wad of cash for the booze and cigarettes.

In my opinion, we can at least make regulations against that. If you are ripping off the system, the least we can do is make them make two purchases. They would have to ring out their food stamp stuff, and then get back behind the line if they want to purchase more with cash.

A better idea is for the government to monitor what people buy, and cut them off when they make purchases like that.

I love it. The plan is winning!
Hopefully, this will avoid shopping carts full of stealing, lobster and junk food.I’m for it!

Trump’s new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep

This plan is absurd. It reeks of rationality and efficiency. The Libs should shout, whine, piss and moan until Trump realizes that the point of food stamps is not providing meals, but rather a way for those who benefit from food stamps to buy the crap they want to eat, or sell the stamps for a new flat screen.

And delivery of good food would be a help to someone such as you mentioned.
An example of why this abuse has to stop.

Lobster%20and%20Steak.jpg

Yeah, I worked as a carhop in the 1970's for a grocery store.. and a big cadillac pulls in and they ask for a box of filet mignon steak and gave me food stamps. so yes there is abuse..

But

Another time, I worked as a visiting nurse for a crippled vet who had 0 food... I cooked as much as I could and put it in the freezer.. He was poor.
This man fought in Vietnam.. why are you so tied up in the ones who abuse it?
There are so many who truly need it.

Maybe we need more workers to go out and actually check on the persons situation.

Hopefully, this will avoid shopping carts full of stealing, lobster and junk food.I’m for it!

Okay, but here is the problem with the idea:

During the last administration, Moochelle forced limited choice in food for school lunches. The results had the opposite expectation.

Kids were throwing out more than they were eating. They would bring Hostess cupcakes to school and put them in their lockers. You can't force people to eat what they don't want to eat.

So we deliver all this nutritious food to recipients, and they throw out half of it. They stay on the program to get the other half.

Even if taxpayers save money, we are throwing away a lot of food that still costs money.

During the last administration, Moochelle forced limited choice in food for school lunches. The results had the opposite expectation.

Kids were throwing out more than they were eating. They would bring Hostess cupcakes to school and put them in their lockers. You can't force people to eat what they don't want to eat.

So we deliver all this nutritious food to recipients, and they throw out half of it. They stay on the program to get the other half.

Even if taxpayers save money, we are throwing away a lot of food that still costs money.

Why not make a list of approved foods that can be "bought" with the card. The grocery stores can mark the items EBT approved.

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Have you even bothered to consider the logistics in doing something like this? Home delivery of food baskets? Who's gonna deliver them, and how often?

How about other people who are receiving food stamps? You know.......work for your handouts?

Why not make a list of approved foods that can be "bought" with the card. The grocery stores can mark the items EBT approved.

What a winning idea. That will have the lobbyists lined up around the block!

Craigslist: 6 Basket of dat niggafoo. Will trade for noddahead, malt liquor,crack , cryppie, cell minutes or fake gold chains. TyroneZ or Tanakashameeka.

They already do that

That is why they ring up twice at the cash register

Forum List

Back