Here It Is---Trump's New Food Stamp Plan: A Basket Of U.S. Food, Direct To Your Doorstep!

Once again, Trump is doing the right thing!

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Progressives will, of course, complain about this and find fault

Why do our friends on the left want poor people to go hungry?

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Did you know that government waste and fraud was $400 billion just in 2016 alone?

So, tell us again, why inventing a whole new bureaucracy for handling the massive logistics for this, represent a cost savings?

The USDA got out of the Gubmint Cheese and Peanut Butter bidness ages ago... with good reason.

I love it. The plan is winning!
Hopefully, this will avoid shopping carts full of stealing, lobster and junk food.I’m for it!

Trump’s new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep

Do you think food stamp recipients want to eat this stuff?

MW-GD588_grocer_20180212141714_MG.jpg

No way!

Have you even bothered to consider the logistics in doing something like this? Home delivery of food baskets? Who's gonna deliver them, and how often?

I always said it should go back to the commodities like years ago....rice, beans, cheese, butter, canned meat, honey, etc.

I always said it should go back to the commodities like years ago....rice, beans, cheese, butter, canned meat, honey, etc.
And resurrect a long-dead bureaucracy and logistics arm of the Gubmint...

Purchasing, Transportation, Storage, Quality Control, Delivery, Enforcement, etc...

No... I think not...

Try again.

Have you even bothered to consider the logistics in doing something like this? Home delivery of food baskets? Who's gonna deliver them, and how often?

My grandparents got monthly commodities when at home during the depression...you either picked it up at a local location or they delivered it if need be.

Yep this is another kindergarten idea from the child in chief.

Yep this is another kindergarten idea from the child in chief.

I think Trump believes that the government can deliver like Amazon does. If that was the case, then why the miserable response to Puerto Rico?

The less blacks have to leave their homes, the better for America

Amazon!

...Amazon!
Yeah... that's right... we can give Big Fat Juicy Gubmint Contracts to Trump's rich buddies to deliver food to Po' Folk...

( Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch, somebody please help these so-called Welfare Reform pack-rats to see past the end of their noses )

households receiving $90 per month or more would get a portion in shelf-stable milk, ready to eat cereals, pasta, peanut butter, beans and canned fruit, vegetables, and meat, poultry or fish. The remainder of the benefit would go onto the debit card for use at approved grocery stores.

Looks like C Rations
Why can't we send them real food?

Canned milk, meat, poultry and fish?

349918.jpg

yeah

I actually work in direct mail; it's really not that complicated or expensive

If you have people that deliver food baskets to homes, you are going to eat up any cost savings you may have perceived because of the increased labor costs.

yeah

I actually work in direct mail; it's really not that complicated or expensive
Add to that...

1. Purchasing
2. Contracts / Legal
3. Transportation
4. Warehousing
5. Distribution
6. Quality Control / Food Safety
7. Enforcement

...etc... etc... etc...

The iceberg runs a little deeper than you're giving it credit for.

If you have people that deliver food baskets to homes, you are going to eat up any cost savings you may have perceived because of the increased labor costs.
How can you put a price on hunger?

We are trying to feed the people, stop being so negative

If it was Obamas idea, you would have a chubby going

Forum List

Back