Here It Is---Trump's New Food Stamp Plan: A Basket Of U.S. Food, Direct To Your Doorstep!

Once again, Trump is doing the right thing!

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Progressives will, of course, complain about this and find fault

Why do our friends on the left want poor people to go hungry?

Have you even bothered to consider the logistics in doing something like this? Home delivery of food baskets? Who's gonna deliver them, and how often?
Just think how difficult it'll be to swap your food stamps (EBT credits) for crack.

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Did you know that government waste and fraud was $400 billion just in 2016 alone?
and who was president?

I agree on the surface it seems a great idea, food stamp abuse is an epidemic. But I do agree with the issues raised by others below, the logistics of it seems too much to add.

It also seems to be a program that is ripe for abuse by companies getting sweetheart deals to provide the food in return for contributions to the right politicians.

I would much rather see a tightening of what can and cannot be bought with EBT

Have you even bothered to consider the logistics in doing something like this? Home delivery of food baskets? Who's gonna deliver them, and how often?

Tiffany says " I gots this". Woman behind botched FEMA contract to deliver meals in Puerto Rico speaks out

AWESOME...this dude is so fucking brilliant..
I can’t wait to see the look on the faces of ShaQuita and Guadalupe when their basket of cucumbers and white rice shows up in lieu of those credit cards that make them feel like a success.

Just think how difficult it'll be to swap your food stamps (EBT credits) for crack.

Yup that's the entire plan.

I love it. The plan is winning!
Hopefully, this will avoid shopping carts full of stealing, lobster and junk food.I’m for it!

Trump’s new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep

Okay, but here is the problem with the idea:

During the last administration, Moochelle forced limited choice in food for school lunches. The results had the opposite expectation.

Kids were throwing out more than they were eating. They would bring Hostess cupcakes to school and put them in their lockers. You can't force people to eat what they don't want to eat.

So we deliver all this nutritious food to recipients, and they throw out half of it. They stay on the program to get the other half.

Even if taxpayers save money, we are throwing away a lot of food that still costs money.

Why not make a list of approved foods that can be "bought" with the card. The grocery stores can mark the items EBT approved.

The honor system in the hood of Chicago, seriously?

I have a friend who works at a grocery & she says the ebt people can buy tons of sugar crap drinks & snacks with zero nutritional value.

Ive seen people I know who are on crack/heroin swapping food for cash so they can buy more drugs. There's definitely problems. But bringing canned crapola to distribution centers limits the transportation issue and sheer amount of food say an elderly or disabled person can carry. Not to mention a rise in disease that eating more processed food will cause.

Kill kill kill kill kill the poor......

The Food Stamp (EBT) program is being abused. I've seen things. Many of those folks could be working and providing for their families. They're just milking Taxpayers. And of course most of em are loyal Democrats too. Real douchebags.

I have a friend who works at a grocery & she says the ebt people can buy tons of sugar crap drinks & snacks with zero nutritional value.

Ive seen people I know who are on crack/heroin swapping food for cash so they can buy more drugs. There's definitely problems. But bringing canned crapola to distribution centers limits the transportation issue and sheer amount of food say an elderly or disabled person can carry. Not to mention a rise in disease that eating more processed food will cause.

The overall diet of the American people is a disaster (myself included)

Why should we expect the poor to do any better?

The Food Stamp (EBT) program is being abused. I've seen things. Many of those folks could be working and providing for their families. They're just milking Taxpayers. And of course most of em are loyal Democrats too. Real douchebags.

Poor people have learned to milk the system they are dealing with

Same way that rich people have

Only difference is the rich have a team of lawyers and accountants to help them

We shouldn't expect it. We should require it.

If they're getting it free, the givers hold the strings. And since the givers are the same people getting stuck with the tab of poor sick people, it would behoove said givers to require standards of food least likely to render the poor sick.

It's called logic. So few in government are acquainted with the concept.

Can't argue with ya there. It's the hard-working Middle Class that gets the shaft. The very poor and the very rich receive plenty of Government handouts. And the Middle Class pays pays for it all.

Can't argue with ya there. It's the hard-working Middle Class that gets the shaft. The very poor and the very rich receive plenty of Government handouts. And the Middle Class pays pays for it all.

There is very little available to the Middle Class to scam the system

Available deductions on tax returns are very limited and hard to fake (hard to fake the number of kids you have or what your mortgage interests was)
You can work off the books and not report it

Not much else the working class can do

Maybe government could mandate that municipalities set aside some of their fallow land for large truck farms with a few full time employees. Fresh produce, eggs, pork & culled chicken/layers could be distributed to the poor. It would be cheaper than Uncle Sam paying for canning, transportation & storage.

Plus it would be kind of fucking cool.

Pork & chickens combined with truck farm waste & municipal scraps make an excellent symbiotic food supply for the poor. Pigs & chickens thrive off of omnivore scraps. They eat food garbage & in return give eggs & good meat.

Also many townships pay people to tame weeds & brush. Goats thrive off weeds & brush (vegetation waste). Goat meat is delicious. Tastes like mild beef, only leaner. Makes great tacos & fajitas. Goat herders could manage the boer meat goat herds & regular slaughter to keep up with poor demands. They have a system of portable hog panels & t posts they use already to contain & move herds to each new brush eradication project.

Also wild boar hunters could be paid per head in areas where they are pernicious pests to process into sausage, bacon & canned pork like spam. Invasive fish species could have a canning process. Nutria in th South could possibly be processed. Etc.

We have easy ways to get good food to the poor. We're just being stupid about it.

Last edited:

We shouldn't expect it. We should require it.

If they're getting it free, the givers hold the strings. And since the givers are the same people getting stuck with the tab of poor sick people, it would behoove said givers to require standards of food least likely to render the poor sick.

It's called logic. So few in government are acquainted with the concept.

I really don't care

To me....200 bucks a month is 200 bucks a month
I don't care if you spend it on healthy organic food or $200 worth of Doritos

What do you want? A nanny state?

Maybe government could mandate that municipalities set aside some of their fallow land for large truck farms with a few full time employees. Fresh produce, eggs, pork & culled chicken/layers could be distributed to the poor. It would be cheaper than Uncle Sam paying for canning, transportation & storage.

Plus it would be kind of fucking cool.

I think some cities have done that with vacant lots
Some have been successful others have been a disaster

There is very little available to the Middle Class to scam the system

Available deductions on tax returns are very limited and hard to fake (hard to fake the number of kids you have or what your mortgage interests was)
You can work off the books and not report it

Not much else the working class can do

Yeah, they're killing our Middle Class off. A nation of only very poor and very rich, is doomed.

I always said it should go back to the commodities like years ago....rice, beans, cheese, butter, canned meat, honey, etc.
Why would you say that? Would you like your government selecting your food for you? It's patently unfair and typically Trump idiotic.

Forum List

Back