Hello to everyone!

Hello to everyone!

My names Art, I am from Germany, but I was always interested in the USA.

I am looking forward to interesting discussions and I hope to find new friends and like-minded persons in this forum.

Art

Welcome! I look forward to learning what I would have to like for we two to be like-minded. I studied scientific German for a short spell...the words became too long. I visited Germany for a spell...would love to return for a longer spell. I met a particularly interesting electrician that had built his own home...went out drinking with him one evening...the ride of my life...had dinner at his home one evening...was given a statue of Mary made by his potter...(still have it after all these years)...had a "woodcutter" pork steak, tepid beer and bread dinner one evening<<the best pork meal of my life...consumed gallons of German beer and brought home the legal limit of German wines...the cheaper of which were the better.

I love forward to your posts.

Hello to everyone!

My names Art, I am from Germany, but I was always interested in the USA.

I am looking forward to interesting discussions and I hope to find new friends and like-minded persons in this forum.

Art

Hello Art__Allm. So happy to have you join us...:D

Welcome Art....we have another member that lives in Germany...I'm sure you'll get around to meeting him.....he likes statistics......enjoy your stay.

[MENTION=44776]Statist[/MENTION]kihengst

Thanks a lot to all of you for the warm welcome I have received!

I have just returned from work and have to go to bed.

I hope that tomorrow I will have more time.

Art

Herzlich Willkommen im USMB, [MENTION=46985]Art__Allm[/MENTION] - ich hoffe sehr, daß Sie Ihren Aufenthalt hier geniessen.

Oder ist "perdu" Ihnen recht? Klar doch! Jetzt sind wir "perdu"! :)

Es gibt hier eine kleine Nische für deutschsprachige Mitglieder dieses Forums:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/328074-german-speakers-alcove.html

Dort ist der sog. "Thread" momentan etwas verstaubt, da ich öfters andersweitig beschäftigt bist, aber schau doch Mal vorbei, vielleicht wird's Dir gefallen. Bitte, ein Putztuch mitbringen!

Es gibt auch andere hier im USMB, die das Land des Bieres, des Brotes und des Schweines ihr Zuhause nennen, also, lass es Dir gutgehen!

Gruß,

Stat

PS. Studierst Du Kunst, vielleicht?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot to all of you for the warm welcome I have received!

I have just returned from work and have to go to bed.

I hope that tomorrow I will have more time.

Art

Yesterday, 05:03 PM

What hours do you work???????

Welcome! I look forward to learning what I would have to like for we two to be like-minded. I studied scientific German for a short spell...the words became too long. I visited Germany for a spell...would love to return for a longer spell. I met a particularly interesting electrician that had built his own home...went out drinking with him one evening...the ride of my life...had dinner at his home one evening...was given a statue of Mary made by his potter...(still have it after all these years)...had a "woodcutter" pork steak, tepid beer and bread dinner one evening<<the best pork meal of my life...consumed gallons of German beer and brought home the legal limit of German wines...the cheaper of which were the better.

I love forward to your posts.

Hi asaratis,

"woodcutter" pork steak is called "Holzfällersteak" in Germany, I like it.
I am glad you enjoyed your time in Germany and I hope that we have similar tastes and similar opinion about many things.

Oder ist "perdu" Ihnen recht? Klar doch! Jetzt sind wir "perdu"! :)

Du kannst mich ruhig duzen, aber ich würde mich gerne in einem amerikanischen Forum in englischer Sprache unterhalten.

Das englische "You" wäre mir am angenehmsten.

I would like to communicate in English in this forum.

Es gibt hier eine kleine Nische für deutschsprachige Mitglieder dieses Forums:

Dort ist der sog. "Thread" momentan etwas verstaubt, da ich öfters andersweitig beschäftigt bist, aber schau doch Mal vorbei, vielleicht wird's Dir gefallen. Bitte, ein Putztuch mitbringen!

Es gibt auch andere hier im USMB, die das Land des Bieres, des Brotes und des Schweines ihr Zuhause nennen, also, lass es Dir gutgehen!

Danke Dir!
Thank you!

PS. Studierst Du Kunst, vielleicht?

I am an electrical engineer and I want to improve my English skills in this forum and learn more about the USA.

If anybody in his forum helps me in this regard (correcting my mistakes etc), then I will be very grateful for that.

Forum List

Back