Has America arrived at the need for dictatorship?

** Disclaimer: I am neither personally advocating for a dictator/monarch nor do I in any way support the implementation of such in our great nation. This is purely an Intellectual exercise suggested in the face of current issues.

Wise men have interpreted dreams
And the Gods have laughed . . .

~Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Can the radical ideological division between political parties and thus the American people be traced to the root of our two party system? Would the elimination of the bi-partisan Congress alleviate the inability of our government to swiftly legislate the most important issues of our time?

Immigration. Healthcare. Trade. Corruption. Lobbying. Campaign donations. Foreign Policy. Taxes.

The above issues along with many others have stalled in Congress for ages over the steep ideological and even personal differences between sides within the House and Senate. We watch daily as individual US Representatives obstruct the progress of important bills for a plethora of reasons, many of which are never made transparent to the people. Congressmen and Senators submit their voting behaviors to party peer pressure, inclusion of perks for their own states and districts, lobbyist money and scientific and law enforcement committee reports spun with political seasoning just to name a few.

Wouldn't the whole process be easier and much faster if partisan politics played less of a role? What if there were only one party? Wouldn't it be incredible to watch the most important issues of our age solved in a span of time relevant to the pressing needs of the people?

We see political games played out repeatedly both in the media and the Congress while tens of millions of Americans suffer. Our Representatives earn excellent salaries and some of the best perks and benefits our nation has to offer. How can they truly represent our needs when their honorable duty has been popularized, monetized, commercialized? Isn't it time to cut out the middle men and women?

How would the people control such an individual--a dictator? An election every ten years? Presidents seem to be on the verge of great accomplishment only to have them cut short by pesky elections. Put the power of the active duty military in the hands of the people? Call him what? A Constitutional Monocrat? Emperor President? An oversight court?

Please offer up your thoughts on the matter.

Haven’t Lefties been begging for a Dictator for years?

Has America arrived at the need for dictatorship?

Republicans think so.

Explain that libtard. Exactly who is it running around shooting up baseball games ? Berniebro’s. Who was it running around punching old women in their faces? ANTIFA Berniebro’s. Who was it accosting a woman (3 big dudes)? Berniebro’s and Bernie broads. Pleas fucktard, name a republican, or anyone for that matter who has done any of that? Stupid person you are.just an ignorant mother fucker. You stole the job of USMB villagedown syndrome child from Truth Matters. Except TM was not as stupid as you.

** Disclaimer: I am neither personally advocating for a dictator/monarch nor do I in any way support the implementation of such in our great nation. This is purely an Intellectual exercise suggested in the face of current issues.

Can the radical ideological division between political parties and thus the American people be traced to the root of our two party system? Would the elimination of the bi-partisan Congress alleviate the inability of our government to swiftly legislate the most important issues of our time?

Immigration. Healthcare. Trade. Corruption. Lobbying. Campaign donations. Foreign Policy. Taxes.

The above issues along with many others have stalled in Congress for ages over the steep ideological and even personal differences between sides within the House and Senate. We watch daily as individual US Representatives obstruct the progress of important bills for a plethora of reasons, many of which are never made transparent to the people. Congressmen and Senators submit their voting behaviors to party peer pressure, inclusion of perks for their own states and districts, lobbyist money and scientific and law enforcement committee reports spun with political seasoning just to name a few.

Wouldn't the whole process be easier and much faster if partisan politics played less of a role? What if there were only one party? Wouldn't it be incredible to watch the most important issues of our age solved in a span of time relevant to the pressing needs of the people?

We see political games played out repeatedly both in the media and the Congress while tens of millions of Americans suffer. Our Representatives earn excellent salaries and some of the best perks and benefits our nation has to offer. How can they truly represent our needs when their honorable duty has been popularized, monetized, commercialized? Isn't it time to cut out the middle men and women?

How would the people control such an individual--a dictator? An election every ten years? Presidents seem to be on the verge of great accomplishment only to have them cut short by pesky elections. Put the power of the active duty military in the hands of the people? Call him what? A Constitutional Monocrat? Emperor President? An oversight court?

What possesses stupid people to make stupid & pointless threads? There is NOTHING intellectual in talking about such pointless bullshit.

Nothing more that troll bait

Our history is a long one, with far more instances of comprismise than partisan animosity. This went out the window, and I can even tell you when. It was when Bill Clinton was impeached. Not removed from office, but impeached. It happened right after the Democrats lost control of the House thanks to Newt and the Contract with America. After that, the Democratic Party set out on a policy of vengeance. When Al Gore lost the election, that vengeance was delayed, and increased. .

My 87 yo mother, a lifelong Democrat says exactly the same thing. According to her the Democrats will never forgive the Republicans for impeaching Bill Clinton...and the 'grievances' have escalated from there. She doesn't approve of their scorch and burn policy, however. Mom does dispute that political emotions run higher today - being able to recall family members refusing to share a meal with other family members over politics. There was sound wisdom in the old saying - politics and religion should not be discussed in polite society.

In time the animosity shown by a few, became the pattern of both. No longer were the parties content to have minor squabbles over basic ideals. Now, it was all about destroying, not defeating, the opposition. In the last twenty years, the parties have become mockeries of their former selves. Democrats are opposed to anything that the Republicans are for. Republicans are opposed to anything the Democrats are for. It isn’t about fixing problems, or finding solutions, it’s about smashing your opponent over the head and stomping them to death, and then desecrating the grave.

As a recovering liberal (one mugged by reality as Irving Krystal would say) and still registered Democrat - imo, the parties are not equal in vindictiveness. It was astounding how quickly during the 60's the Dem leadership began its march to the Left and many of us in the center found ourselves labeled rightwing 'extremists' when in reality we stood firmly in the center where we'd always been.

Yes, there are extremists on the right. They may be loud, but they are few and have little role on the national stage. Highly visible Democrats on the other hand openly denigrate and demean, call for public confrontation directed not just toward their political opponents (bad enough), but toward the American people who support the opposition. Obama was a master at this...it continues with others today. I do not see any moral equivalent between the behavior of the leadership of the left and that of the right.

The behavior of the leadership, the tone taken matters...as a recovering liberal, I still speak the language - and suspect the reason the left hate Trump so is that they see in him some of themselves...and that is his unforgivable sin. Positive outlook for the nation be damned.

I don't think we're doomed - any more than the rest of the world is doomed - though on reflection guess that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for a bright future. ;)

Where you fall on the spectrum depends not on the national scale, but on your regional, or local standards. By Georgia standards, where I live, especially rural Georgia standards, I am rather Liberal. By the standards of San Francisco, or New York City, I am a raging right wing gun toting bible thumping redneck.

I’m a member of the ACLU, and the NRA. I am a staunch defender of Civil Rights, in everyone, and for everyone. Those civil rights include the Second Amendment.

When the Democrats regained the majority in 2006, I wondered how long it would last. It wasn’t long. The reason? The far left took control behind Nancy Pelosi, and began pushing the extreme. Vengeance for Newt and Clinton. But the problem is that many of those Democrats that helped get the majority in Congress were from the rural areas like mine. We had a Democrat elected, to the shock and disbelief of the Republicans. John Barrow served for a long time, finally losing in 2015. After years of warning that the extreme Left would cause the Rural Democrats to lose, it happened. But it didn’t happen a little at a time, it happened. In waves. Every time it happened, those left extremists all had the same response, good riddance to the moderates. There was no place for them in the Modern Democratic Party.

Bill Clinton was elected by the Big Tent. Al Gore wasn’t. Obama was not. Obama was the lesser of two evils twice running.

The extreme right in the same time has been sort of fading away. By extreme right I mean racists and the more violent members. Partially it is because those days are long gone, and partially it is because the modern world does not work that way. Oh there are plenty on here, but I think they are running about trying to justify their existence by recruiting which doesn’t work.

Those are the idiots who if they need open heart surgery will choose a doctor based upon color and genetic history of the name. Instead of going for the best, regardless of all other considerations, they’ll find some reason to disqualify the ones with too much melatonin in the skin, or with a potentially Jewish surname. In other words, they are dying off.

Part of the failure of the Democrats is that they don’t know when to stop. Take any issue when the public seems to be on their side, and they quickly rush past the reasonable into insane. Then they blame the Right for turning the public against them. I’ll take an easy one. Guns.

Generally speaking, the public is in favor of universal background checks. I’m not, but that is because of other issues I’ll get to if you desire. The Democrats have that. They could run with it. But then they demand more. A ban on high capacity magazines, not so supported. A ban on the cosmetic showing their ignorance of weapons. All of this does nothing to further their support and soon people are against gun control issues again because the Democrats didn’t know when to quit.

Every issue is the same. They could claim a bunch of short simple victories, but they want the entire thing, not a victory.

I don’t know who their strategists are but someone should beat them behind the shed and replace them with reasonable people.

In a way, they are alienating the people the same way the racists religious intolerance idiots did in their time. Those idiots out protesting funerals over homosexuality are so discredited now as to be the punch line of a joke. There just aren’t many left, their own actions insured they would never gain in public support.

The left is doing the same damned thing. Demanding that anyone who isn’t a Republican believe the extremist views of the far left. The worst are the ones who rush out to quote a Bible passage to justify their insane intolerance. They have become the Religious Right and John Birch Society nuts of thirty years ago.

I have believed a Civil War is coming. I really don’t want to see it. I don’t want to see either side win. Neither side should win. They are both unworthy of leading the people.

Excellent perspective.

Breaking it all down to a personal level--which is really where seeds of our deeply held prejudices are planted--for me it's really all about defending family and protecting the ancestral lands so to speak. In my native state and county the last three decades have seen a sort of culture war initiated on two fronts. The area encompasses a valley and in it hundreds of acres of land my great grandfather purchased in 1919 after returning from the War in Europe and surviving the Spanish Flu epidemic while out processing at Ft. Meade.

He took a loan for about $2500, purchased the land and moved an entire Victorian house by horse drawn wagon and rebuilt it there over the next few years. My grandfather as a toddler helped him dip the old iron nails in pitch as they built it.

During the coming Depression my great grandfather grew two several acre potato gardens and another with just about every other vegetable and ground growing fruit. They raised hogs, chickens and a few heads of cattle. They became mostly autonomous but he still did work on the side for cash such as making axe handles and forging tool heads, cutting hair, fixing shoes and plowing other landowners' fields.

Fast forward several decades to the late '80s and '90s. Unfortunately the ancestral land, my great grandfather gone by that point for several years, was located about twenty-five miles north of a major metropolitan center. Those decades saw the exodus of both affluent white, educated families from the city who settled on family farms sold off all around the perimeter of our family land and the migration of a poorer class to small towns also in the area. Honestly, I preferred the movement of the second of the two because the first cut down massive swaths of forest which ruined the rivers and streams in order to build their large new homes.

Of course local government responded and county politics favored these migrations with all sorts of party favors like much higher taxes, head tax and a plethora of new building code restrictions. My grand father who by this point had inherited the land had hell to pay just get a permit for an outbuilding on his own property. Our family--the old guard of the old--changed parties for the first time since before the civil war. But our land survived.

Then came the second front in our personal American war--immigration. Suddenly we saw peoples from Mexico and Central America showing up as kitchen staff in the local Greek owned diners. They needed some place to live so they crammed into homes for rent and apartments in the local towns. Their culture clashed with ours for sure but they collided with that of the black community who had migrated half a decade earlier north from the city. Crime exploded in the area. County police who had traditionally assigned one car patrols to our sector doubled and then tripled their activity.

We saw gang graffiti appear on blue mountain shale rock slabs deep in the woods on my grandfather's property, and vandalism of other kinds as well. Lots of dumping of trash, broken bottles in the woods, drugs and gang fights, broken windows and fences. My family was not ready for the wave of new arrivals, did not ask for the new neighbors from thousands of miles away and places they'd never thought much about and so were stuck with a culture the local government had forced upon them. They changed parties again.

The irony of it all is that during the '60s my great grandfather had discovered one night a pair of school buses deep in a hollow on his property packed with hippies and blacks from the south who were looking for a place to escape some of the madness of the time. They were several families poor as hell just in need of a temporary refuge. What did he do? Run them off his land? No. He welcomed them to stay, gave them wood stoves for their buses, fresh vegetables out of his garden, eggs and milk and cured hams. He even invited them on occasion to eat at his table. Sunday dinners were an ancient tradition in our family.

Essentially, had my family known the immigrants were coming or that they needed a place because they were fleeing some hell on earth or another or just searching for a new life, he likely would have made a place for some of them. Fifteen hundred acres is a much bigger area than most can imagine. Ironically the white, affluent families who moved from the city and "destroyed" the woods and fields and streams were in some ways the more hostile group in that politically at least they caused more of a schism between land owner and county government with tax and code regulation changes.

At length I think the story of my own family is a microcosm of what is happening today on a nationwide scale. Before the yuppies came from the city and cut down the woods, we could go out back on my grandfather's land and shoot in any direction without too much concern. Fireworks? No worries. Then came new housing developments, strip malls, hike and bike trails--all of which prevented target shooting and most hunting other than with shotgun slug, black powder and archery. Native trout populations declined due to run off silt from digging of wells and sewers and foundations. Three groups of Americans at war culturally with a fourth--the traditional landowners--who were there first in spirit if not ancient history.

For the most part the local government championed each migrant wave and then had to play catch up to accommodate the new arrivals while shunning many of the needs of the natives. The land was eventually sold off and the proceeds divided after my grand father's death a few years back. Now it's more housing developments, fast food joints and a mall. What are you gonna do? Change is inevitable they say.

In closing it would have been easy for those of us in the county who were suffering loss of the old ways due to the needs of an influx of new people to see a dictator of some kind come in to power who could move mountains to preserve my family's way of life. But while I remain bitter over the whole thing, I remain certain a totalitarian local government have been worse.

Much like the story of my family's land, America could become something we no longer recognize for all the cultural war and change. And I think that is central to our current nationwide divide. Some want things to stay the same or at least recognizable. Some are embracing change. Fundamental values versus evolving principles. Familiar people versus people coming from afar. Can we foresee at all how this will pan out?

What possesses stupid people to make stupid & pointless threads? There is NOTHING intellectual in talking about such pointless bullshit.

Judging by some of your posts I had thought you a bit more open minded. Nevertheless, thank you for your input.

Judging by some of your posts I had thought you a bit more open minded. Nevertheless, thank you for your input.
This thread is a literal impossibility. There is NOTHING to be gained from such discussions.

This thread is a literal impossibility. There is NOTHING to be gained from such discussions.

God has spoken?

This thread is about proving we do not need or want a dictatorship and why, supported by some excellent personal testimony. Nothing could be more relevant in the face of all the MSM name calling and finger pointing. Please provide some valuable input into the matter or respectfully decline from further hijacking of my topic.

Last edited:

In answer to just the thread title,what deserted island you been living on? we have been a dictatership ever since 1913 having been a facist dictatership sever since then

In answer to just the thread title,what deserted island you been living on? we have been a dictatership ever since 1913 having been a facist dictatership sever since then

In response to only the first word of your sentence: it's a preposition.

The deserted island of America? At least read the whole thing?

I don't read Nazi-articles which start with names like "Merkle-regime" or "Merkel roach". Angela Merkel is an honorable politician since decades - and she is since a very long time now chancellor of my federal republic of Germany. We discuss in Germany serious problem in context with the German and European politics around the problem "refugees". All this discussions have to do with pragmatic problems.
Good tinfoil of yours but it won´t help creating a better reality.

V-Mann soll Amri-Gruppe angestachelt haben

Let me say it this way: It makes for me not a big sense to discuss the very complex German politics around nuclear power plants with someone who has not a big idea about Germany and confuses the problems Chernobyl, Fukushima and nukes. Very short: We found out nuclear power is no solution for nothing. The dangers of this form to produce energy are not in a good relation with the chances of this form of energy.
It started with green big shots sitting on huge stock packages. This time is over as Chinese companies take over. But we have to pay the price for this madness. Lunatics everywhere who try to impose their "morals" on us. This pseudo-green nonsense only harms the citizens and economy. 5 DM per liter is just another example for why this freaks are just dangerous.

You seem not to know what are values. The Americans government nor any organization or institution in the USA at all (nor worldwide) is able to decide torture is good thing if it is good for the United States to torture. It will never be good for the USA to do so and every government which propagates such values is just simple criminal.
?

You are for sure not a German.
Und du bist sicher der Karamba.

I got a new delivery of exchange brains. Perhaps you should buy one. Take a cheap one with construction problems then you are not shocked about how clear some people are able to think, who are using a premium model.

Imagination. When it comes to politics, many Germans suddenly sound like really dumb kindergarden children.

no comment - except one: It's not possible to translate the sentence "Du bist der Karamba" from German to German.

Last edited:
I don't read Nazi-articles which start with names like "Merkle-regime" or "Merkel roach". Angela Merkel is an honorable politician since decades - and she is since a very long time now chancellor of my federal republic of Germany. We discuss in Germany serious problem in context with the German and European politics around the problem "refugees". All this discussions have to do with pragmatic problems.

Let me say it this way: It makes for me not a big sense to discuss the very complex German politics around nuclear power plants with someone who has not a big idea about Germany and confuses the problems Chernobyl, Fukushima and nukes. Very short: We found out nuclear power is no solution for nothing. The dangers of this form to produce energy are not in a good relation with the chances of this form of energy.
It started with green big shots sitting on huge stock packages. This time is over as Chinese companies take over. But we have to pay the price for this madness. Lunatics everywhere who try to impose their "morals" on us. This pseudo-green nonsense only harms the citizens and economy. 5 DM per liter is just another example for why this freaks are just dangerous.

You seem not to know what are values. The Americans government nor any organization or institution in the USA at all (nor worldwide) is able to decide torture is good thing if it is good for the United States to torture. It will never be good for the USA to do so and every government which propagates such values is just simple criminal.
?

I got a new delivery of exchange brains. Perhaps you should buy one. Take a cheap one with construction problems then you are not shocked about how clear some people are able to think, who are using a premium model.

Imagination. When it comes to politics, many Germans suddenly sound like really dumb kindergarden children.

no comment - except one: It's not possible to translate the sentence "Du bist der Karamba" from German to German.

He is a MP of the SPD going by the name of Karamba. He is also in the EU parliament as some kind of socialist. You didn´t know what it means and didn´t look it up.

?

He is a MP of the SPD going by the name of Karamba. He is also in the EU parliament as some kind of socialist. You didn´t know what it means and didn´t look it up.

Indeed Dr. Karamba Diaby, an SPD politician who was born in Senegal and lives in Halle, is a member of our Bundestag. He wrote a book with the title "Mit Karamba in den Bundestag". Instead of "Karamba" should be written there "Karacho" (="high speed") and the same time he refers with his name forename Karamba to another famous German: The singer Heino and his song "Karamba, Karacho ein Whiskey. …". The word "Karamba" is in this case the Mexican word "Caramba".

It's an honor for me to be compared with Dr. Karamba Diaby.

Last edited:

?

Indeed Dr. Karamba Diaby, an SPD politician who was born in Senegal and lives in Halle, is a member of our Bundestag. He wrote a book with the title "Mit Karamba in den Bundestag". Instead of "Karamba" should be written there "Karacho" (="high speed") and the same time he refers with his name forename Karamba to another famous German: The singer Heino and his song "Karamba, Karacho ein Whiskey. …". The word "Karamba" is in this case the Mexican word "Caramba".

It's an honor for me to be compared with Dr. Karamba Diaby.

Oh please. Spare me.

Forum List

Back