Has "It's the Culture, Stupid" replaced "It's the Economy, Stupid"?

"Large national surveys conducted by the American Enterprise Institute suggest Trump’s supporters are actually quite content with American economic life but highly reactive to elite dominance of American cultural life."

I've often said that the Left absolutely refuses to admit the role that the cultural issues played in the rise of Trump. That would mean that they actually played a significant role in MAGA in general. Pretty ironic. But all one has to do is listen to what much of the Right have been saying for the last couple of decades, and it's pretty clear. That's the backlash. But one does have to actually listen.
Well, the WASP's can take their racist, homophopic & shoving their phony Christian "values" & they know what they can do with it. Uh, no. The left didn't bring MAGA out of the rathole. Trump did. And he'll milk it for a buck till he's six feet under.

See how much they love the nightmare Trump will turn this Country into if they reelect him.

We spend far more keeping middle class white folks out of the poor house (when they get too old to be productive) than we do alleviating poverty.
1712703088030.png

~S~

He masterfully highlights aspects, events, and circumstances, which to most Americans, and their culture, are of absolutely NO concern. To the highly educated intellectual, political, and cultural international elites, who give lip service to "being American," but who are actually internationalist? Sure. To folks that value the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, and what the founders envisioned for individual liberty and sovereignty? This guy is a clown.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
Most do not realize the entire right/left is no more than a diversion of the up/down disparity killing this country

But you get it, wish more would Mr B

~S~

You received a 2.5% pay CUT in the Biden economy (2021 to date) as inflation far outpaced wage increases. Pretty sure it's still the economy stupid.

For the poor whites on the right sure. It's the S&M propaganda they got fed by the Bible and Reagan about rugged individualism coupled with being grateful when the elites dane to trickle on you. See their poverty is God's plan and the disproportionate share of wealth in the hands of a few is the meritocracy of the market. The wealthy liberals don't give a shit because they aren't affected by the economy and that leaves only the progressives who would like to change the laws so billionaires aren't a thing and also not be racist, bigots.

You're voting for a wealthy liberal elite again, shitstain.

Just like I knew you would.

lol

Let's get realistic here. The government's two biggest line items are Social Security and Medicare, middle-class entitlements that mainly go to white folks.

What we spend on poverty relief is a pittance.

Fifty Years since Tricky Dick, and you guys are still falling for this gag.
Which has absolutely nothing to do with nor does it change anything I posted.

Sure it does. You whine about the pittance we give poor people, but have no problem with the government writing fat checks to people who are already secure.

Seems your priorities are messed up. I don't begrudge the poor a little help. Why do you?
There is a difference between throwing money at a 'problem' and solving the problem. Why is it so hard for leftists to understand that?

Fareed Zakaria has a new book out that proposes a fundamental change in Americans' priorities, and (I don't know if he meant to do this) also goes a long way in explaining the rise and staying power of the MAGA movement.

In short, he believes that the cultural issues -- particularly (a) immigration/the border and (b) gender, are now more primary political movers than the economy used to be.

He also uses a very important term to describe this: "Backlash". I couldn't agree more, and I think it's key. I spent my first few years on this board concentrating on the tactics of the Left and how they'd create a -- wait for it -- backlash, and sure as hell, here we are.

I hadn't really thought about how the cultural issues have replaced the economy as #1, but I think he may be right.

Everything he said xiden wouldn't do he's done. Well at least the people in charge have done, xiden is a puppet reading what ever they put on his teleprompter. And yes, it is the economy stupid.

There is a difference between throwing money at a 'problem' and solving the problem. Why is it so hard for leftists to understand that?

Who is saying the problem isn't being solved? Or that we are trying to actually solve it.

If the problem being solved is, "Make sure they don't starve because hungry people do desperate things", then we've solved that problem.

We aren't trying to get these folks out of poverty, largely because we don't want to. You just hate the fact that poor people are getting even a pittance of your money.

Who is saying the problem isn't being solved? Or that we are trying to actually solve it.

If the problem being solved is, "Make sure they don't starve because hungry people do desperate things", then we've solved that problem.

We aren't trying to get these folks out of poverty, largely because we don't want to. You just hate the fact that poor people are getting even a pittance of your money.
Joe, sometimes even if you post makes sense, your posts are so cognitively dissonant I just shake my head since I can't pat you on the head. But have a great day.

I try to. And I checked out your thread you linked. Great thread topic! The media is a great reflector of culture or used to be. Now the leftists, especially those in government, use it for their own propaganda machine and to dictate what they expect the culture to be.

My new year's resolution going into an election year was to do my best to not feed the trolls, argue with idiots or engage in other exercises in futility. But like many ohers, I am a person with great resolve but sometimes feet of clay. I sometimes lapse and respond to one of Joe's posts. :)

Forum List

Back