Happiness in Islam

Affirming God's Greatness and Glory:

All beings that live anywhere in the heavens and on earth are slaves of God, subject to His will, submitting to Him willingly. He has neither son nor partner. All are His creatures and servants. Contemplate the significance of this statement by God, the Most High:

“Indeed, He has full cognizance of them. He has kept a strict count of their numbers.”

None is forgotten and none will be able to escape.

On the Day of Resurrection, every one of them will appear before Him all alone.”

God watches everyone. They will all come to Him on the Day of Resurrection, each on his or her own. None will have the support or encouragement of anyone else. Indeed, all community feeling is gone, for in front of God, everyone speaks for oneself.

Forgiving Others: A Key to Inner Peace

They forgive others and do not harbour any ill feelings. When anger is deliberately restrained it becomes a burden, a fire which burns internally sending its smoke over man’s conscience in order to blur his vision. Forgiveness, however, ensures a release from that burden. It gives peace of heart and conscience, as well as an easy movement in a more sublime world.

Those who do not hesitate to forgive others after having been angered by them are also benevolent. The Qur’ānic ayah tells us that God loves all who are benevolent. Use of the term “love” here is significant. Its pleasant, friendly, bright and compassionate shades are in perfect harmony with the pleasant and honourable atmosphere of help and forgiveness.

“God loves the benevolent.”(3:134)​
Because God loves the benevolent and the good turns they do, those who love God also love to be benevolent. They have the best of all motives. The final comment is, then, not only an inspiring description, it is a statement of fact.

The community which enjoys God’s love and, in turn, loves God and in which forgiveness replaces anger and rancour is a strong, brotherly and closely-knit community.
You are not a true Muslim, for a "true" Muslim firmly believes that Muhammad's latter teachings precede his earlier teachings of peace and love. To be a true Muslim, you are not to be friends of infidels. To be a truly devout Muslim, you must believe that to kill a non-believer guarantees you entry into paradise. To be a true Muslim, you must believe that you may have sex with a child as young as nine, as long as she has had her first menses. To be a true Muslim, those who abandon your religion and speak ill of it, are to be killed.
Yours, is a religion of hate and if there is a real deity, it would not be one of hate. Hate would be a tool of something more sinister, perhaps a devil, if one were to exist.

Lion is an apologist. His cherry picking is no different than the critics of Islam. Although he has less to work with. The hate and violence far outweigh anything resembling mercy and compassion.

Lion also neglects these verses pertain to Muslims, not all of mankind. The duality(saying opposites are true) is the height of illogical thinking..

Happiness is a feeling that resides in the heart. It is characterized by peace of mind, tranquility, a sense of well-being, and a relaxed disposition. It comes as a result of proper behavior, both inward and outward, and is inspired by strong faith. This is attested to by the Qur’ân and Sunnah.
Allah says:
- Whoever works righteousness as a believer, whether male or female, We will give a good life.

- Then, whoever follows My guidance shall neither go astray nor be distressed. But whoever turns away from My reminder will have a life of hardship.

Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “True enrichment does not come through possessing a lot of wealth, but true enrichment is the enrichment of the soul.”
I would hope that ANYBODY who lives an ethical life, and does good works, could avoid Allah's "hell"....that seems fair. I'm not sure if most Muslims agree with that statement, however.

Happiness is a feeling that resides in the heart. It is characterized by peace of mind, tranquility, a sense of well-being, and a relaxed disposition. It comes as a result of proper behavior, both inward and outward, and is inspired by strong faith. This is attested to by the Qur’ân and Sunnah.
Allah says:
- Whoever works righteousness as a believer, whether male or female, We will give a good life.

- Then, whoever follows My guidance shall neither go astray nor be distressed. But whoever turns away from My reminder will have a life of hardship.

Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “True enrichment does not come through possessing a lot of wealth, but true enrichment is the enrichment of the soul.”
I would hope that ANYBODY who lives an ethical life, and does good works, could avoid Allah's "hell"....that seems fair. I'm not sure if most Muslims agree with that statement, however.

Guess what? They do not have to agree. There are plenty who do.

Mercy to all creatures:

The mercy of Islam extends beyond human beings to all living creations of God. Islam prohibits cruelty to animals. Fourteen hundred years ago, long before the modern animal rights movement began with Peter Singer’s book, "Animal Liberation," in 1975, Islam required kindness to animals and cruelty to them is a sufficient reason for a person to be thrown into the Fire!

Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, described God’s punishment of a woman who was sent to Hell because of a cat. She kept her locked up, neither feeding her nor setting her free to feed herself.
593192050.jpg

Mercy to all creatures:

The mercy of Islam extends beyond human beings to all living creations of God. Islam prohibits cruelty to animals. Fourteen hundred years ago, long before the modern animal rights movement began with Peter Singer’s book, "Animal Liberation," in 1975, Islam required kindness to animals and cruelty to them is a sufficient reason for a person to be thrown into the Fire!

Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, described God’s punishment of a woman who was sent to Hell because of a cat. She kept her locked up, neither feeding her nor setting her free to feed herself.
593192050.jpg
Is that why he (Muhammad) ordered black dogs killed?

Muhammad made strange and harsh statements about dogs and these edicts affect dogs in a tragic way. His teachings may have come from cultural bias, Pagan concepts, or his own imagination, but wherever they came from they led to the cruel treatment of dogs.

None of the statements regarding dogs are found in the Quran but they abound in the various collections of traditions (hadith). These traditions are a primary foundation of Islamic theology and are the basis of many Islamic laws. They render dogs as "impure" and worse. Per Muhammad’s orders most dogs were to be killed and all dogs of a specific color (black) had to be killed.

Muhammad claimed to be a prophet of God and as such his word was to be obeyed. With the teeth of Islam biting worldwide it is vital that Muhammad’s teachings be scrutinized to determine if he were a nut or a prophet.

Muhammad and Dogs

Mercy to all creatures:

593192050.jpg
Is that why he (Muhammad) ordered black dogs killed?

muhummad did not like black dogs. ------so neither does allah. Muhummad liked to rape little girls -----so allah likes it too. READ YOUR KORAN

Muhammad treated women no better than cattle, too. Islam is an evil ideology and anyone defending it is defending evil.

Mercy to all creatures:

Once, the Prophet of Mercy spoke of God’s forgiveness due to the humane treatment of animals.He told his companions the story of a man who got thirsty on his way. He found a well, climbed down inside it to the water, and quenched his thirst. When he came out he saw a panting dog licking on mud out of extreme thirst. The man thought to himself, ‘The dog has become as thirsty as I was!’ The man went down the well again and got some water for the dog. God appreciated his good work and forgave him.
11154747_1115654191798068_4211535470805519649_o.jpg

The companions asked, ‘O Prophet of God, do we get rewarded on humane treatment of animals?’ He said,

"There is a reward in (doing good to) every living being."

Last edited:
Mercy to all creatures:

Once, the Prophet of Mercy spoke of God’s forgiveness due to the humane treatment of animals.He told his companions the story of a man who got thirsty on his way. He found a well, climbed down inside it to the water, and quenched his thirst. When he came out he saw a panting dog licking on mud out of extreme thirst. The man thought to himself, ‘The dog has become as thirsty as I was!’ The man went down the well again and got some water for the dog. God appreciated his good work and forgave him.

The companions asked, ‘O Prophet of God, do we get rewarded on humane treatment of animals?’ He said,

a good example of just how dull and trite is the Koran. The "little golden book of fairy tales" -------found in kindergarten classes is far more INTELLECTUALLY
DEMANDING. I was eager to read the Koran when a copy of PICTHALL fell into my hands -----LONG AGO. I had read lots of classics------from the Baghavad
Gita >>> Ramayana>>>>Odyssey>>> Aneid>>>Iliad>>> Divine Comedy>>>
a few dozen greek plays, the Old Testament, the New Testament------of course
I read all of those little "golden books"-----like "sleeping beauty" and "jack
and the bean stalk" -----of them all----the one with the least literary value is
DA KORAN. It lacks CHARACTER development--------Muhummad--the proband-----goes about from one killng spree to another and NEVER developes
a sense of his personal failure. Oedipus is much more insightful

Mercy to all creatures:

No numbers or source for that bolded crap?

Mercy to all creatures:

No numbers or source for that bolded crap?

its from the "SAHABAH"------the MERRY MEN OF MECCA

A look into Islamic beliefs:

are you trying to make a fool of yourself, old lion?. The only laudable
verses in the Koran consist of stuff lifted from creeds far superior to islam.
It seems logical to me that laudable ideas existed even amongst pre-
Islamic arabs------as they do amongst all human societies. Even apes
harbor some sort of socialization that renders some behaviors unacceptable
in the world of apes. Long ago when I was a university student----I like to walk
to the "school of agriculture"---------I liked to see PIG BEHAVIOR-----pig moms
are very nice to their little piglets and the piglets love the big fat sow

Time Management

Time is a person’s capital, being the duration of his stay on this world. Islam, therefore, is very concerned with time. It makes the believer responsible for the time at his disposal. On the Day of Judgment, he will be asked about it. Islamic Law requires that he manages his time wisely and utilizes it well. This is achieved by balancing his worldly needs with his worship and caring for his spiritual needs.

Allah says:
O you who believe, do not let your wealth and children prevent you from the remembrance of Allah. Whosoever does this; they are surely among the losers. And spend from what We have provided you before one of you approaches death and says, ‘My Lord, if you would only give me a little more time, I would give in charity and I would be one of the righteous.

Islam encourages the believer to get maximum benefit out of his time, filling it with beneficial activities and good deeds.Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said:
The feet of a servant will not turn away on the Day of Judgment until he is asked about four things: his lifetime, how he lived it; his youth, how he spent it; his wealth, from where he earned it and on what he spent it; and his work, what work did he used to do.”​

Time Management

Time is a person’s capital, being the duration of his stay on this world. Islam, therefore, is very concerned with time. It makes the believer responsible for the time at his disposal. On the Day of Judgment, he will be asked about it. Islamic Law requires that he manages his time wisely and utilizes it well. This is achieved by balancing his worldly needs with his worship and caring for his spiritual needs.

Allah says:
O you who believe, do not let your wealth and children prevent you from the remembrance of Allah. Whosoever does this; they are surely among the losers. And spend from what We have provided you before one of you approaches death and says, ‘My Lord, if you would only give me a little more time, I would give in charity and I would be one of the righteous.

Islam encourages the believer to get maximum benefit out of his time, filling it with beneficial activities and good deeds.Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said:
The feet of a servant will not turn away on the Day of Judgment until he is asked about four things: his lifetime, how he lived it; his youth, how he spent it; his wealth, from where he earned it and on what he spent it; and his work, what work did he used to do.”​
Allah also says to beat your wife. Is that what you do?

Forum List

Back