Guitarist Comparisons:

He still gets a kick out of playing that one.

I'm lucky enough to have seen him do so. It must have been around 1976 or so. It was their first tour without Gabriel.

One group I've missed, sorry to say.

Though I did see Mike and the Mechanics live in concert, locally.
I saw them in 77 in Richfield Ohio. It was the Wind and Wuthering tour...the one they recorded Seconds Out from I believe. I saw a bunch of great concerts that year.

I see what you both mean about Hackett, and I've been playing a lot of him lately.

But I till think Daryl Steuermer gives a good rendition.

I saw them in 1977 but didn't realize it was Steve Hackett's last tour with them.

Hackett's departure
When Seconds Out was announced in the press on 8 October 1977, the news coincided with Hackett's departure from Genesis. He had announced his decision to the group two months earlier while cuts for the album were selected and mixed.[2] Collins recalled spotting Hackett on the street while on his way to the studio and offered him a lift, but Hackett declined. Collins found out from Banks and Rutherford that Hackett had quit. Hackett later said that if he had got in the car, Collins would have been the one person to make him reconsider.[3] On the 1990 documentary video Genesis – A History, Banks joked that Hackett was mixed out of Seconds Out as a result. Although Hackett's guitar is audible, it lacks the volume of previous albums or rough soundboard mix bootlegs from the 1977 tour.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seconds_Out

Forum List

Back